.: Website Changes :.

General web site updates.

Postby *Breeze* » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 pm

The Dynamic World Map has been skinned to match the rest of the website.

The EQ List and Maproom are in the process of being redone also. (read as, if you see something weird in the maproom its probably because I am working on it.
*Breeze*

Postby Rigwarl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:47 am

I am glad they are being updated, however i have a small request.

Previously, the gwhere trigger for zmud would show a players location perfectly, however now it seems to show

The Mines of Moria" continent=": Wimpy

What happened :)

-Rig
Rigwarl
40 Prime Poster

Postby *Breeze* » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:41 am

[quote="Rigwarl":1khyiq7f]I am glad they are being updated, however i have a small request.

Previously, the gwhere trigger for zmud would show a players location perfectly, however now it seems to show

The Mines of Moria" continent=": Wimpy

What happened :)

-Rig[/quote:1khyiq7f]

thats part of a feature being added. i disabled it for now til the feature is done.

link me to the gwhere script and will see if it can be updated (otherwise i search for it later)
*Breeze*

Postby Rigwarl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:44 am

Here's the code I'm using

[code:1tlu260s]#script {strHTML = ~"~"}
#script {Sub GetWorldMap:Set objHTTP = CreateObject~(~"MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP~"):objHTTP.Open ~"GET~", ~"http:~/~/www.slothmud.org/eqlist/dynmaps/mapserver.html~", ~"FALSE~":objHTTP.Send:strHTML = objHTTP.ResponseText:Set objHTTP = Nothing:End Sub}
#script {Sub FormatWorldMap:intX = instr~(strHTML, ~"~<div area~"):intY = instr~(strHTML, ~"~</body~>~"):intZ = intY - intX:strHTML = mid~(strHTML, intX, intZ~):strHTML = Replace~(strHTML, ~" area=~" & chr~(34~), ~"~>~" & chr~(10~) & ~"%ansi( green)~"):strHTML = Replace~(strHTML, chr~(34~) & ~" icon=~", ~":~<~"):Set objRegExp = New Regexp:objRegExp.Global = True:objRegExp.Pattern = ~"~<(.|n)+?>~":strHTML = objRegExp.Replace~(strHTML, ~"~"):objRegExp.Pattern = ~"\n(\n|$)~":strHTML = objRegExp.Replace~(strHTML, ~"~"):objRegExp.Pattern = ~":\n~":strHTML = objRegExp.Replace~(strHTML, ~":%ansi( yellow) ~"):Set objRegExp = Nothing:End Sub}
#mss {GetWorldMap}
#mss {FormatWorldMap}
#show {%ansi( red)Global Where}
#if (%1 = %null) {#show %mss( strHTML)} {#show %replace( %mss( strHTML), %proper( %1), %ansi( red)%proper( %1)%ansi( red))}[/code:1tlu260s]
Rigwarl
40 Prime Poster

Postby Jag » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Very Cool. I use the website a lot and appreciate your working on it.
Jag
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Breeze* » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:08 pm

[quote="Jag":2es0nntg]Very Cool. I use the website a lot and appreciate your working on it.[/quote:2es0nntg]

Not a problem :) I enjoy it.

- Fixed a bug where clan names / titles with certain characters in them were not showing up on the "Who's Online" section of the website.

- Various Cartography section changes. *too many to list*
*Breeze*

Postby Rigwarl » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:45 pm

It's been mislabeled for a while but the cartography section incorrectly shows 2 maps.

Mercurial woods map [AH] leads to a map of Murkwood [SS] and vice versa.

-Rig
Rigwarl
40 Prime Poster

Postby *Breeze* » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:34 pm

[quote="Rigwarl":if7ilkdr]It's been mislabeled for a while but the cartography section incorrectly shows 2 maps.

Mercurial woods map [AH] leads to a map of Murkwood [SS] and vice versa.

-Rig[/quote:if7ilkdr]

Fixed! thanks :)
*Breeze*

Postby *Breeze* » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:51 am

Modified :)

[code:1fj6727u]

#script {strHTML = ~"~"}
#script {Sub GetWorldMap:Set objHTTP = CreateObject~(~"MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP~"):objHTTP.Open ~"GET~", ~"http:~/~/www.slothmud.org/support/mapserver.php~", ~"FALSE~":objHTTP.Send:strHTML = objHTTP.ResponseText:Set objHTTP = Nothing:End Sub}
#script {Sub FormatWorldMap:intX = instr~(strHTML, ~"~<div area~"):intY = instr~(strHTML, ~"~</body~>~"):intZ = intY - intX:strHTML = mid~(strHTML, intX, intZ~):strHTML = Replace~(strHTML, ~" area=~" & chr~(34~), ~"~>~" & chr~(10~) & ~"%ansi( 6)~"):strHTML = Replace~(strHTML, chr~(34~) & ~" icon=~", ~":~<~"):strHTML = Replace~(strHTML, chr~(34~) & ~" continent=~" & chr~(34~), ~" on ~"):Set objRegExp = New Regexp:objRegExp.Global = True:objRegExp.Pattern = ~"~<(.|n)+?>~":strHTML = objRegExp.Replace~(strHTML, ~"~"):objRegExp.Pattern = ~"\n(\n|$)~":strHTML = objRegExp.Replace~(strHTML, ~"~"):objRegExp.Pattern = ~":\n~":strHTML = objRegExp.Replace~(strHTML, ~":%ansi( 7) ~"):Set objRegExp = Nothing:End Sub}
#mss {GetWorldMap}
#mss {FormatWorldMap}
#if (%1 = %null) {#show %mss( strHTML)} {#show %replace( %mss( strHTML), %proper( %1), %ansi( 3)%proper( %1)%ansi( 7))}

[/code:1fj6727u]
*Breeze*

Re: .: Website Changes :.

Postby *Breeze* » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:21 am

This is old-ish, but I don't think I posted it anywhere..

On the menu, if you choose

Configure Site >> Store Menu State

it will cause the menu to remember which items you had open and reopen them for you after you click them.
(it wont collapse all nodes on page-load)

Configure Site >> Forget Menu State

turns this feature off.
*Breeze*

Postby *Breeze* » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:04 am

upgraded forum. let me know if you see any odd behaviour
*Breeze*

Postby *Breeze* » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:38 pm

New link on left side menu: WebCVS

http://www.slothmud.org/index.php?module=WebCVS

this is updated weekly, each Sunday and shows the CVS logs from the previous
week.
*Breeze*

New Mount 'An Mystica Map

Postby *Breeze* » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:50 am

*Breeze*

Postby Slowdraw » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:08 pm

Hmm. This seems like as suitable places as any, so I guess I'll post it here. I found a couple of nonfunctional website links. The big one is that the MUSHclient plugin on the menu tree doesn't find the file and redirects to the site map. The other one is on the site map. Both the eqlist link in the equipment information section and the find book or manual link in the class abilities section try to link to http://www.slothmud.org/www.slothmud.org/eqlist/ instead of http://www.slothmud.org/index.php?module=EQList and end up redirecting back to the site map.
Slowdraw

Postby *Breeze* » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Slowdraw wrote:Hmm. This seems like as suitable places as any, so I guess I'll post it here. I found a couple of nonfunctional website links. The big one is that the MUSHclient plugin on the menu tree doesn't find the file and redirects to the site map. The other one is on the site map. Both the eqlist link in the equipment information section and the find book or manual link in the class abilities section try to link to http://www.slothmud.org/www.slothmud.org/eqlist/ instead of http://www.slothmud.org/index.php?module=EQList and end up redirecting back to the site map.

+ Removed MUSHClient plugin link (until splork finishes/reuploads)
+ Redirected eqlist links to http://www.slothmud.org/eqlist on sitemap

Thanks for reporting
*Breeze*

Return to Website Updates