Information about the bard class

Postby Gnu » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:08 pm

Keep forgetting logging in :)
That was me
Gnu
40 Prime Poster

ba

Postby Avatar » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:23 pm

I'd like to see a detect spell that gives people an aura if they're currently affected by songs.

Detect Good:
Leaf flying thru the air. is sleeping here. (Blue Aura)

Detect Awed:
Leaf flying thru the air. is sleeping here. (Gold Aura)
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Tetsulunathaya » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:01 pm

OOps, wasnt logged in.

Guest = Tetsu :)
Tetsulunathaya
40 Prime Poster

Postby madmax » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:28 pm

As another thought for Bards in groups:

A series of songs:

Ode to Life - +5 healbonus (cure critic and below spells) for anyone casting low level cure spells, say like level 15 or so bards.

Ode to the Healer +10 healbonus (heal and above spells) for anyone casting high level curing spells, say like level 25.

These songs would be used when multiple bards are in a group, one
singing Gods of War, the other singing, Ode to the Healer. This way
both bards have something else to do in groups.

It would be nice if there was a way for the songs to effect a specific
class like cleric has a greater chance of being effected by Ode than Gods.

Just a thought, this might make Bard more wanted in the classo.

Madmax
madmax
Double 40 Poster

Postby Gnu » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:12 am

To Tetsulunathaya: sure I have some comments

1. Gods of war can not effect all group members in a quite large group, I think its limit is about 8 or 10 persons for prime bard with viol. That's why in a large group 2 and even 3 bards singing 'Gods' are usefull...

2. Cry of the avatars is another powerfull bard's song... surely it depends on situation, bard should be very careful, not to cause the massive CF... but look... Regal, Overseer, Kzartaxen become killable w/o tards in group...

3. If the bard was constructed in a right-way, then he can do almost all jobs in a group Singing/Blasting/Healing/2.Tanking/Weakening/Blinding/Cursing(damning). And when 2 or even more bards are in group, then singing may be considering as regening... for example, if bard is out of healing, he may cause more then 200 dam/round due to his song and regen for about 20 or even more mana/tick... when he does this, othet bards heal/blast or do whatever they can...

4. Madmax's suggestions look interesting for me... One more comment here, gods of war is chop-mobs oriented song... what about ethereal ones? Wouldnýt it be nice to have song which provides spelldam bonus?
Gnu
40 Prime Poster

Postby blackmore » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:20 am

[quote="Gnu":22wtpf7n]To Tetsulunathaya: sure I have some comments

1. Gods of war can not effect all group members in a quite large group, I think its limit is about 8 or 10 persons for prime bard with viol. That's why in a large group 2 and even 3 bards singing 'Gods' are usefull...
[/quote:22wtpf7n]

I can get a lot more than 8-10. I'm pretty sure I get over 20, though it's hard to know for sure, I don't know what criteria is used to determine where the bard falls in terms of who is affected. I'm assuming the bard is the last one checked.

[quote="Gnu":22wtpf7n]
4. Madmax's suggestions look interesting for me... One more comment here, gods of war is chop-mobs oriented song... what about ethereal ones? Wouldnýt it be nice to have song which provides spelldam bonus?[/quote:22wtpf7n]

Of course, +blast would be nice. However, I've suggested a number of times that bards get a song that is so compelling, ethereal mobs are drawn to the corporal world to listen - basically an inverse of wraithform. I think a song like that would be a whole lot more likely to be approved.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 12345 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:03 pm

[quote="blackmore":31ofnm2s]Of course, +blast would be nice. However, I've suggested a number of times that bards get a song that is so compelling, ethereal mobs are drawn to the corporal world to listen - basically an inverse of wraithform. I think a song like that would be a whole lot more likely to be approved.[/quote:31ofnm2s]
A +spelldam song would affect ~10 people for say... +10 spelldam. Figure firewind with 3 casts in 2 rounds, that's ~300 damage in 2 rounds. Assuming you have the massive group it would take to do that.

A -ethereal spell would make it vulnerable to literally everyone in the group. Figure 2 massacres per person at 18 a massacre and you have ~70 damage per person in 2 rounds. 4 people and you have the same affect as above. Granted not everyone has 2 attacks, but some have more.

Postby Gnu » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:24 pm

Well... may be +spell dam song is a peace of overpower... the other idea is to make a song that eats mob's saves... not sure how does the flames of midnight work, but if it removes mob's saves vs. 'cold' spells (not sure if such saves exist), then it is a prototype...
Gnu
40 Prime Poster

Postby 12345 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:41 pm

Wasn't trying to imply that a +spelldam song is overpower, just that a song that removed ether was actually more powerful. A song that made mobs save less could be fun though.

Postby blackmore » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:02 pm

I didn't suggest a song that removed ether, I suggested an inverse of wraithform - in other words, maybe 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 attacks get through.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 12345 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:42 pm

Ah, big difference. Sorry.

PreviousNext

Return to Bard