Mostly Druid Questions...

Information about the druid class

Postby Rynquald » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:41 am

It takes a couple of bolts to kill a prong, so you can count on getting hit if you don't get two bolts in before the first round, I think I've splorked them a couple of times with a bolt, but that would have to be a good roll without a save.

Irap is a good area for mage style runs, chicks always boltsplork, and lizards have a decent chance of it, while dodos are a nice two bolt mob that doesn't hit like a prong can. Necrop has a lot of good thin ethers too, and nymphs in Tony's are splorkable with a bolt.

In the end, you're probably better off killing smaller mobs that you don't have to take a round of hits from, lower per kill xp will be more than made up by longer runs from not constantly having to heal.

Depending when you play (for availability of other players), the single fastest way you can run xp is by teaming up with a thief of levels equivalent to your own, if you're not set on soloing.
Be quiet or i'll stab you quiet -BM
Rynquald
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Roadrunr » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:07 am

[quote="Rynquald":q9ph1njs]It takes a couple of bolts to kill a prong, so you can count on getting hit if you don't get two bolts in before the first round, I think I've splorked them a couple of times with a bolt, but that would have to be a good roll without a save.

Irap is a good area for mage style runs, chicks always boltsplork, and lizards have a decent chance of it, while dodos are a nice two bolt mob that doesn't hit like a prong can. Necrop has a lot of good thin ethers too, and nymphs in Tony's are splorkable with a bolt.

In the end, you're probably better off killing smaller mobs that you don't have to take a round of hits from, lower per kill xp will be more than made up by longer runs from not constantly having to heal.

[/quote:q9ph1njs]

I'd have to add that at 3x40, chicks dont always boltsplork, nor do lizards. those tard levels help with that.
Roadrunr
Double 40 Poster

Postby Rynquald » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:11 am

You're right, I forgot, thanks for mentioning that RR.
Be quiet or i'll stab you quiet -BM
Rynquald
Triple 40 Poster

Postby jezer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:09 am

I'm wanting to know a bit more about sea dragon... if someone can help me...

Specifically...

*Num of Attacks (Nat)
*AC (Nat)
*HP (Compared to Phoenix)
*Effect of it's blast compared to Breath Fire

I'm also offering 20m for the item... I have soloed it once... Sure you can do it, but it's 2-3 nightmares, and it breaks webs. If none are available for purchase I'd like to borrow an item... heh... hope there are some trusting individuals out there. I need it just as long as it takes me to get piasa so I can get my own. I figure this will be a maximum of 2 months.

Also I'm thinking of getting a +2dam lite at avatar, any opinions?
jezer
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby jezer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:20 am

Bah, forgot to ask this... (can't edit posts in druid forum btw)

At what level can I "awaken" 2 elder ants? I'm level 30 and can still only get one. I popped the control horde book and read it, but it would seem that only works for necro pets.
jezer

Postby Yinao » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:15 am

I only have one opinion, and its about the 2 damage light... Do you currently have .8 shoulder guards in order to get a full -1.0 ac difference to enable you to get a -12 piasa? If not, which most wont unless you use other tactics to acquire -12 then you might look into getting some ac because -12 will make quite a difference compared to -11.
Yinao
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Tap » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:31 am

The answer might be somewhere in forums but aren't
shifts limited to -11 or -10 in non-warrior classo type? If not, could those special armor potions allow shifts to get -18 or even lower?
Tap

Postby jezer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:43 am

Yes I will have -12 as Piasa without an AC avatar light.

I could actually get -13 exploiting a bug...

If you forge two Garunsci Family Crest, and attach them to two tiger fur cloaks... then you can wear one, shift and wear the other. The 2nd cloak shifts, and the clasp falls off... leaving me with about -11.6ac in Phoenix form. Truth reported this bug years ago.

Using the same swapping technique with a -0.4ac shiftable light I could actually get -13... if the game allows it...

I've reported it as a bug etc etc... but you know how it goes... nothing gets done till you exploit it and get pwiped. :twisted:

And while we are talking exploiting bugs... has anyone tried going to an arena using the dude to restore you, and getting a friend to convo you out before the "rest period." Never tried it... but just might work.
jezer

Postby Yinao » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:25 am

[quote:178s220r]The answer might be somewhere in forums but aren't
shifts limited to -11 or -10 in non-warrior classo type? If not, could those special armor potions allow shifts to get -18 or even lower?[/quote:178s220r]

1) Yes AC is capped for non warriors at -10 and warrior in classo 2nd through 4th at -11 and warrior primes as -12

2) When your shapeshifted your no longer a PC therefore your not affected by the afore mentioned AC caps...

And as for Jezer, ya thats been reported I've personally never tried it however wouldn't you think 4 mana regen and 25 - 30 mana whatever the stat is would give you more than the 2 more damage? Considering you'll be able to stay shifted longer heal more or blast more... Just a suggestion not saying its a bad idea by any stretch :)
Yinao
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Elwood » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:34 pm

for sure its 12 cap?
Elwood
Deity

Postby Yinao » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:28 am

For PC's yes -12 is cap
Yinao
Triple 40 Poster

Postby jezer » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:48 pm

I've tried to work out which is mathematically better for the druid avatar light.

+1 dam +4 mana regen or +2 dam

I worked out for me at the moment it costs...
5 mana per tick to maintain tarantula form (25dam without light)
19 mana per tick to maintain phoenix form (24dam without light)

[b:1eyyha3d]If I were to choose the +1 dam +4mr light....[/b:1eyyha3d]

I would be able to run 26% longer as phoenix and 500% longer as tarantula. I would also do 4% damage more as tarantula and 4.1% more damage as phoenix as long as I ran.

[b:1eyyha3d]If I were to choose the +2 dam light....[/b:1eyyha3d]

I would do 8.3% more damage as Phoenix and 8% more damage as tarantula.

Using this information two things becomes clear...

The shorter the fight, the better it is to have the +2dam light.
The more mana it costs to maintain your form, the more the +2 damage light will work better.

If it were to cost 55 mana per tick to main piasa form, the +4mr light only adds 7.8% to your running time, which quickly starts to near the percentage increase that you get through the extra dam point on the +2dam light.

So the question is really impossible to answer without first knowing how many rounds the fight will last...

But you can follow this rule of thumb, [b:1eyyha3d]if you are going to be running large mobs where you only can survive a few rounds a +2 dam light will be slightly more advantageous[/b:1eyyha3d]

However when you consider the variety of mobs on which one runs, and variable length of the battles, the true difference between the two types of lights is not much... and overall I'd say that the +4mr +dam light probably works out better overall.
jezer

Postby Stryx » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:41 pm

I checked with my lite equiped and unequiped in piasa form. Seems druid bonus is added to the 4mreg. Without lite in piasa form i'm on 60mreg. With lite in piasa form I get 66mreg.

I would choose the mreg myself, as its of more use in both human and shifted forms. Can't see a human quad caster needing extra damage over mreg.
Stryx
40 Prime Poster

Postby jezer » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:37 pm

Out of interest Stryx, how much mana does it cost for you to maintain piasa for 60 seconds?
jezer

Previous

Return to Druid