Mostly Druid Questions...

Information about the druid class

Mostly Druid Questions...

Postby jezer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:03 pm

Are the Cloud Giant mobs solo for these cps? (shifted black dragon -10)

Silken Thread
Turquoise Heraldric Shield
Treatise on Symbols of Royalty
Black Thread
White Thread
Garunsci Family Pattern
Triple-wicked Pillar Candle
Bone Needle

Are these Pyramid mobs solo for these cps? (shifted black dragon -10)

Small Note Tomb Guardian
Small Cutting Stone Yuan-ti guard
Vial of Black Acid Yuan-ti guard
Sack of Black Dust Yuan-ti elite guard
Very Small Ruby Yuan-ti sentry
Jagged Rock Yuan-ti Warrior

How much + damage is 18/100 strenght?

If I add strength to forms through +str shift eq, how much extra damage do I get per +str point?

What is the +str cap on shift forms?

Can the stat points go over 18 while shifted if stat point eq is worn?

What ac is piasa bird with iron skin?

Does the Garunsci Family Crest attached to a -0.5 item cancel out the +0.5 ac?

Does the avatar light shift?

Does anyone have a thick leather belt for sale?

HP regen while shifted seems increased, what kind of effect do you think buying shapeshifting quest leggings, and then attaching a +20 HP regen clasp to those shift leggings will do for HP regen while shifted? Good things... not such a great idea?

How can I minimise damage to my druid pets other than sanct and stone skin? Is there some kind of protection chain or trick I can use... my pets are dying in the first 2-3 rounds.

What do most druids do with avatar lights? 4mana regen + 25 mana?
jezer
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Rynquald » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:40 pm

[quote="Jezer":1nbvywm5]Are the Cloud Giant mobs solo for these cps? (shifted black dragon -10)

Silken Thread
Turquoise Heraldric Shield
Treatise on Symbols of Royalty
Black Thread
White Thread
Garunsci Family Pattern
Triple-wicked Pillar Candle
Bone Needle [/quote:1nbvywm5]

Those are all random pops in CG, I'd suggest cycling the frost sprites (1-2 bolt mobs that don't hit hard) if you don't want to fight anything dangerous, otherwise, you should be able to kill the CG stab mobs in dragon, although it would be slow.

[quote="Jezer":1nbvywm5]What is the +str cap on shift forms? [/quote:1nbvywm5]

25/100.

[quote="Jezer":1nbvywm5]Can the stat points go over 18 while shifted if stat point eq is worn? [/quote:1nbvywm5]

They could if there was any shiftable +stat eq other than str (which can go over 18), anything without the shift flag will loose its effects when you shift wearing it.

You can use +stat spells though, and a lot of the higher forms have >18 nats.

[quote="Jezer":1nbvywm5]What ac is piasa bird with iron skin? [/quote:1nbvywm5]

-11 naked/ironed, or -12 if you have the right shift eq.

[quote="Jezer":1nbvywm5]
Does the Garunsci Family Crest attached to a -0.5 item cancel out the +0.5 ac? [/quote:1nbvywm5]

Yes, by using something with more than -0.5 you can get an overall -0.Xac from an item (-0.8 guards are good).

[quote="Jezer":1nbvywm5]Does the avatar light shift?[/quote:1nbvywm5]

Most of them seem to.

[quote="Jezer":1nbvywm5]HP regen while shifted seems increased, what kind of effect do you think buying shapeshifting quest leggings, and then attaching a +20 HP regen clasp to those shift leggings will do for HP regen while shifted? Good things... not such a great idea? [/quote:1nbvywm5]

A more pertinent question might be whether attaching a non-shiftable clasp to a shiftable item will let the clasp shift (I have no idea to be honest). If it does, you'll probably just get a hardly noticeable over the time you spend shifted +20 hpregen.

[quote="Jezer":1nbvywm5]How can I minimise damage to my druid pets other than sanct and stone skin? Is there some kind of protection chain or trick I can use... my pets are dying in the first 2-3 rounds. [/quote:1nbvywm5]

Not really, they all have very low hp, they really serve best as cannon fodder to save you some damage against any mob that can kill them that fast.

[quote="Jezer":1nbvywm5]What do most druids do with avatar lights? 4mana regen + 25 mana?[/quote:1nbvywm5]

That's how i took mine (roughly, there's more than 25 mana on tard lights now), if you were really dedicated to shifting -0.4 would give you solid -12 in piasa, or maybe full hp would give you longer fight time, +dam has obvious effects too.

Honestly it doesn't seem worth taking tankish stats on your light to me though, since most druids will be using more conventional caster skills most of the time.

Hopefully some of that will be at least mildly helpful.
Be quiet or i'll stab you quiet -BM
Rynquald
Triple 40 Poster

Postby jezer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:48 pm

Awesome info, thanks Ryn.

Anyone know if a non shift clasp attached to a shift item works?

I tried it with my private's sash to a wolf-hide belt and it worked... It does give one the option to...

Attach...

a polished spectrolite charm Legs +40 Hit Points, +10 hit point regen
dragon-skin laces Feet +1 Dex, +20 hit point regen

To the shift leggings and footwear available via quest or regular eq. I'd be interested to see if that dex point would make a total of 19 dex and a shift in armor class?
jezer

Postby Rynquald » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:03 pm

Realised I can actually test a few of the things I skipped, so in answer to (some) of those questions:

[quote="Jezer":23e10oaw]Anyone know if a non shift clasp attached to a shift item works? [/quote:23e10oaw]

Detaching the iolite from my tard light gives me -8 mana shifted, and clasps are still visible on eq while you shift, so it looks like they do work.

[quote="Jezer":23e10oaw]I'd be interested to see if that dex point would make a total of 19 dex and a shift in armor class?[/quote:23e10oaw]

I don't have any +dex clasps to test with, but going to 19 dex with quicken didn't give me any extra ac in piasa.
Rynquald
Triple 40 Poster

Postby jezer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:22 pm

:D

More thoughts... You did say the 25/100 was a cap... but do you mean cap as in cutoff by the game, can't go over? or do you mean, it SEEMS to be the maximum possible.

Even as Black Dragon 18/100 + Orange Potion + Olympus -0.5 + str Neck Eq added with +0.5 str clasp + thick leather belt...

3 + 4 + 1 = 26/100 :)

Now... if I had 25/100 str and +4 dam shifted dam eq, from avatar light and diamond bracers... would I be viciously hitting? I'd love to know the answer to that! I sure hope so!

And back to that dex issue, i guess if you can get a dex point from eq while shifted one way or another, you could run naga at the same ac as dragon, which conserves mana I guess.

I've heard with a full setup of +ma shift regen eq it's possible to keep mana level at black dragon? Is this true?
jezer

Postby Rynquald » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:34 pm

25/100 is literally the cap, I wear enough +str eq to be at 26/100 (and it's possible to get enough for 27/100), but I still only have 25/100.

I don't think it's possible to get vicious hits at all. I wear diamond bracers and only get brutals with berserk, although I don't have a +dam tard light. Being affected by Gods of War doesn't push me into vicious either though.

Maintaining a stable mana level in dragon sounds possible, you'd probably need shapeshift mastery though.
Rynquald
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Yinao » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:33 am

Yea I run in 25 / 100 20 19 19 20 when I have spells up and clasps etc etc. But its not very possible to vicious I dont think in piasa even with berserk gods and 25 / 100 str gives you about 30 dam iirc and still no vicious. Sounds like a pretty solid brutal however 8)
Yinao
Triple 40 Poster

Postby jezer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:09 am

How many attacks? (Do you get five attacks at some point?)
What is the natural AC of each form?
jezer

Postby Rynquald » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:14 am

I can't get ingame atm to check the attacks of each form, but I know offhand that piasa gets 6 attacks (7 if you have mage for haste).

Everything from dragon to seadragon (inclusive) is -11 ironed and wearing -1 worth of ac gear, while piasa is -12 with the same. So a totally natural -6 for dragon-seadragon, and -7 for piasa.

Of course that -1 is fairly easy for most forms, thorns, robe and belt/boots do it. For piasa to get from -11 to -12 you'll need to swap one of the thorns for -0.8 neckwear with a garunsci crest, and get the boots and belt, instead of one or the other.
Rynquald
Triple 40 Poster

Postby alias » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:37 pm

Ac on shift is not dependant on Dex that was fixed a while ago I was told.

I have a few +dex items and while they increase dex in dragon form the do not affect the ac.

Alias
alias
Triple 40 Poster

Druid Topic

Postby Avatar » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:47 pm

It's been awhile since I connected, but I don't believe you have to wear the 'mythic' item after you've shifted. You could remove the item(s) to wear your 'run' eq.

Also, I seem to remember there was something inconsistent about removing and wearing equipment while shifted. I think the +mana / +hit points equipment didn't give the same results if you remove and wear the same equipment again. I don't think I ever found the pattern.

Things may have changed, but those seem to be my faint memories.
Triple 40 Poster

Postby jezer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:24 pm

I recently got a char to 3x40 which allows me to shift to an AC of -10 through dragon. I guess I thought that mobs hit less through -10 AC, but am I right in thinking… they actually hit JUST AS MUCH but for less damage through -10?

Is there some way I can wear eq that makes mob’s miss more?(Saves) What eq is that? can it be maxed out? Has anyone tried a ‘miss’ approach to running xp and staying alive? I do have wraithform, and it is by far one of the best spells for running my xp on lyme, but I am kind of hoping/dreaming… if a mob misses more, therefore the less I have to blast shifted and I can hit more mobs in a row before regen. (True problem is 540 mana is just not enough)

So does anyone have any ideas? Would I run the same mobs better unshifted and running more like a mage? I’m guessing a frostbolt does more damage than breathe fire? I can’t wait till the right time of day to use stupid dawnfire or sunbeam, and I don’t have the big offensive mage spells yet.

It feels like I am regening for 5mins, and then running for 30seconds… it’s getting annoying… maybe changing my style of xp to maybe more missing chop mobs may help, but I need suggestions.
jezer

Postby jezer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:44 pm

I'm not sure if "saves" is what I'm asking about... but from an eq point of view... all saves eq is nearly old "tankish" classo... big holes in availability I guess you could say, in that department.

Because shifting costs too much intial mana, I can't see it being feasible to cast some, "hit me if you can" spell on a mob before I kill it... Pets last two rounds and are too expensive on mana... bah, any other ideas?

You reckon saves is just as important as AC? Why do the tank types only ever seem to talk about better AC? You'd think, you'd want to balance both.
jezer

Postby Rynquald » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:05 pm

Save eq makes you more likely to take half damage from spells, which sounds nice until you realize that even if you wear no saves eq, you're almost certainly saving most of the time vs. mob-cast spells.

AC is exclusively for making mobs miss, once a mob makes a successful attack roll against your ac, it doesn't matter what ac you have as to how much damage you take. Spells like Sanc, Aegis, Fluidity and the damage reduction skill are what literally reduces the damage you take form a hit.

One of the most common complaints about shifting that I've heard is that it costs far too much mana to be useful for xp runs, which is entirely corrent. Imo shifting isn't designed for xp, or any kind of sustained killing, it's for bringing down something you couldn't kill otherwise, but in a highly inefficient fasion.

You're right about the regen though, no matter what you kill shifted, regenning will normally be by far the biggest part of the run (time-wise, and depending on how much regen you actually have of course).

If you're after Lyme xp as a caster, you're probably best off running stab/blast mobs, but without the stab part :)

I don't have the slightest idea what your classo is, but if you happen to be mage prime, Mirror Image will be your best friend for surviving against stab mobs.
Rynquald
Triple 40 Poster

Postby jezer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:29 pm

Thanks for that Ryn. I can possibly save 100 mana by not shifting per run... but the question then beckons... how many frostbolts kill a prong and at what spelldamage? That will help me work out, whether I need to start looking at a non-shifted eq mode for blasting. If I am shifted it takes about...

(3 x 25) + 17 = 92 mana atm to kill a prong. That's 5 prong per run at around... 9mill.... 6 min regen... 1 min run... 21k per second... hmm, running shadow keep averaged at about 7k.

Maybe I just need to suck it in, get more levels... guess I'm trying to run before I can walk... forge more shifted regen eq, hold on for avatar 21 or what ever it is for cheaper shifts... soooo far away...

Anyone got a regen room they can let me use on lyme? I'm serious! :shock: Send me a message.
jezer

Next

Return to Druid