EPIC SYSTEM UPDATES

Check for upcoming quests or area openers!

EPIC SYSTEM UPDATES

Postby Akasha » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:31 pm

EPIC SYSTEM (a few notes from me)
------
As I mentioned before I will be introducing to you a couple of new concepts - Events and Honorquests. I'll take a moment to go over these here so you know what to look for.

EVENTS---
As aforementioned, Events will be mini quests generated by the mud. As of now (with everyone low ranked) these events are voluntary, with no penalties for not participating. As you gain in rank however, and complete objectives along the way, some events will come to you, whether you want them to or not. Mobs will seek revenge, you will be asked to do things for mobs, etc. As per some discussions about afkedness, you will be safe from these events if you are afk in a SAFEROOM or in a VAULT. Out in the open you are fair game.

HONORQUESTS---
In its simplest form this are autoquests. BUT, some will be far more complex and complicated than regular autoquests. Anyone who has EVER done one of my autoquests knows that I sometimes go off on tangents from the main quest and have little subquests to prevent bottlenecks and boredom. These will be no different. My advice to ALL of you who don't do it already:
1: Keep a log of who said what and what they said to do.
2: Dont assume 1 step and its over, or even 3 steps and its over -READ the questers comments.
3: Think in a logical progression if all else fails. I'm a logical person, and sometimes I will leave things out (accidentally, or on purpose) believing that logical progression will carry you forward. This applies to notetaking. If mob X tells you to go do something then come back, and 10 steps later you finally get a chance to do it, then logically, you would go back to mob X and see what happens (w/o someone needing to tell you "oh, now you can go back to X and tell him you did it).
4: Honorquests will be hidden in many things, to be found in a variety of ways. Not all will be go ask X about this-that. But everything can be found in something that is ingame and ready to go (not on Google).

-----------------------
This system is as much for me as it is for you. As a builder, I LOVE testing you with tricks, traps, and puzzles. I will be building things in this system to do just that. The mobs wont all be HIT HARD with LOTS OF HP. I know that gets boring. These mobs will require strategy, thinking, in some cases planning, and in some cases even a bit of luck. But most of all they will probably require that you actually be in control of your character. Some are designed to be a terror to botters.

Lastly, I have an open-door policy on everything dealing with this system. For those of you who have said, "this would be cool", well, let me know it. I have lots of ideas and lots of reference material, but even I hit dry spells where ideas just wont flow. So if you have ideas for original mobs, or autoquests relating to something you read or did in the storyline, feel free to email me at Akasha(at)slothmud(dot)org. SUBJECT: EPIC
I keep a record of all ideas ppl tell me, and even tho you might not see it the next day or even the next week, rest assured its mulling over in my head till I can figure a way to make it work.

I have tested everything in this system as thoroughly as I can with keeping as much as possible secret. But I'm sure there will be bugs I missed. If you find something broken, or not working as it should the best thing to do is get me online, or email me and let me know so I can fix it. If there is a bug, it will probably work more against you than for you (its just the way I script things).

My plan for this system is to make bi-weekly to monthly additions in the form of expansion packs. The system that will be installed on Sunday is the Starter Package. A sampling of concepts and ideas I've been playing with. This package may or may not take you long to complete, but its mostly for me to see interest and desire. I will post in this thread everytime there is an expansion pack to be added and a summary of what it is (aka: new quests, new mobs, new events, bug fixes, etc).

Now really lastly, but deffinately not least. Special thanks to Kjartan and Isabo for their coding insights and abilities. Destiny for his work on a couple of areas. Krom for his insights on specific issues (not relevant to mortals ) And the entire staff of Creators for giving me the leeway to do this in the first place.

Hope you enjoy,
Akasha
Last edited by Akasha on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm not forsaken, but I am the only one.
Akasha
Double 40 Poster

EPIC SYSTEM : Help files

Postby Akasha » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:21 am

The helpfiles will be in within the next few days, but here they are ahead of time to answer _some_questions. Sorry, I can't explain why the system is so lame, but oh well, can't please everyone >

Akasha

Epic System

See also:
RANK
HONOR POINTS
INSIGNIA
EPIC MOBS
PROMOTION
RANK WHO
ENLIST
RESIGN
REENLIST
HONORQUEST

The epic system is a non-class oriented system whereby you are able to gain RANK
through the gaining of HONOR POINTS. Rank entitles you the INSIGNIA of that rank which has stats that will aid you on your journeys. The system includes quest-level
mobs that give honor on death. These mobs have conditional spawning requirements that include what House the stars are in, whether you have completed a particular autoquest, (termed HONORQUESTS) and in some cases pure randomness.

At low ranks, you will be required to perform many explorations, scouting missions, and other grudge work for your commander. You will also be expected to protect the kingdom of your sire, King Lucius Degrance. For your first few ranks, your goal is to serve and protect King Degrance and Bal Harbor.
At mid-level ranks, your goal increases to protecting the world of Jord from a growing evil. You will expected to perform dangerous missions of heroic proportions, to protect
the innocent and those unable to protect themselves.
Finally, at high-end levels you… well… you’ll have to find out yourself.

Along with rank insignia, ranks open up access to equipment not otherwise available through the use of the drachma system and secret shops only accessible by those of mid to high-level ranks.

Also included in the Epic System is a newly fashioned Library in Bal Harbor that allows access to a Tome which describes the events of the world as they occur, both past, present, and how the two tie in together. In the Tome you will find lists of EPIC MOBS that you can fight for honor points, you will also find notes on legendary relics that may be either a plot line for an autoquest or possible forges that you can acquire. You will use this Tome often in deciphering autoquest hints and find clues as to how to complete missions.

RANK

See also:
EPIC SYSTEM
HONOR POINTS
INSIGNIA
EPIC MOBS
PROMOTION
RANK WHO
ENLIST
RESIGN
REENLIST
HONORQUEST

Rank is the level of measurement for your status in the epic army. Each rank carries with it responsibilities of defending the innocent and serving your local commander, however, it also allows you access to equipment and honorquests.

At low ranks, you will be required to perform many explorations, scouting missions, and other grudge work for your commander. You will also be expected to protect the kingdom of your sire, King Lucius Degrance. For your first few ranks, your goal is to serve and protect King Degrance and Bal Harbor.
At mid-level ranks, your goal increases to protecting the world of Jord from a growing evil. You will expected to perform dangerous missions of heroic proportions, to protect
the innocent and those unable to protect themselves.
Finally, at high-end levels you… well… you’ll have to find out yourself.

You will also find a useful command named RANK. When you type rank in any place other than your recruiter station you will see:
------------------------------------------------------------
You are in the army of the mighty King Lucius DeGrance II.
You have gained 9893 honor points. /how many honor points you have gained/
You have earned rank of private. /your current rank/
Your insignia pips are *. /pips are the number of ranks you have gained/

When you type RANK at your local recruiter, you will be shown how many Honor points you need to receive a promotion to the next rank.

HONOR POINTS

See also:
EPIC SYSTEM
RANK
INSIGNIA
EPIC MOBS
PROMOTION
RANK WHO
ENLIST
RESIGN
REENLIST
HONORQUEST

Honor points are the points you accumulate through killing EPIC MOBS, completing HONORQUESTS, and participating in EVENTS. To see how much Honor you have gained you can type RANK and to see how much Honor you need to receive a promotion, visit your local recruiter and type RANK in his presence.

INSIGNIA RANK_INSIGNIA

See also:
EPIC SYSTEM
RANK
HONOR POINTS
EPIC MOBS
PROMOTION
RANK WHO
ENLIST
RESIGN
REENLIST
HONORQUEST

With each rank you receive an Insignia. The insignia is a clasp that has stats that will aid you in your journeys. You may only wear 1 clasp at a time, and only wear the insignia of the current Rank you have attained. You may also only wear your insignia and no one elses.

EPIC MOBS

See also:
EPIC SYSTEM
RANK
HONOR POINTS
INSIGNIA RANK_INSIGNIA
PROMOTION
RANK WHO
ENLIST
RESIGN
REENLIST
HONORQUEST

Epic mobs are creatures throughout the world of Jord that when killed will provide you with Honor needed to receive promotions. Most of these mobs you can find in the Tome of Fathmori Legends in the Library in Bal Harbor.
These mobs spawn based on a number of conditions such as Houses (see reading), completed honorquests, and in some cases, randomness. Sub classes of EPIC MOBS are
Raid mobs – small mobs that perform raids on cities, villages and other inhabited settlements across Jord.
Event mobs – any size mob that performs a mini-quest plot line and then disappears.

PROMOTION

See also:
EPIC SYSTEM
RANK
HONOR POINTS
INSIGNIA RANK_INSIGNIA
EPIC MOBS
RANK WHO
ENLIST
RESIGN
REENLIST
HONORQUEST

Promotions are received when you have gained enough Honor points to deserve them. To see how much Honor you have type RANK anywhere except in your recruiter station, in you recruiter station type RANK to see how much Honor is still required to gain a new rank.
Each rank provides you with access to a new rank insignia and new equipment.

RANK WHO

See also:
EPIC SYSTEM
RANK
HONOR POINTS
INSIGNIA RANK_INSIGNIA
EPIC MOBS
PROMOTION
ENLIST
RESIGN
REENLIST
HONORQUEST

Typing RANK WHO will show you who else on Jord has attained what level at any given moment.

ENLIST

See also:
EPIC SYSTEM
RANK
HONOR POINTS
INSIGNIA RANK_INSIGNIA
EPIC MOBS
PROMOTION
RANK WHO
RESIGN
REENLIST
HONORQUEST

Enlisting in the epic army should not be performed lightly. Enlisting opens access to Honorquests and other events to you that would not be normally available. This also brings with it the responsibility of protecting the innocent and disadvantaged as you are now a hero of the land.
To enlist, visit Master Devry in Bal Harbor any time. You may want to ask him about joining_army to get more specific information.

RESIGN

See also:
EPIC SYSTEM
RANK
HONOR POINTS
INSIGNIA RANK_INSIGNIA
EPIC MOBS
PROMOTION
RANK WHO
ENLIST
REENLIST
HONORQUEST

When resigning from the epic army, you forfeit all accumulated Honor, but not your rank. You may REENLIST at any time to return to your previous rank, with 0 Honor. Why would anyone want to resign? At higher levels you may find yourself caught up in stories that will follow you regardless of whether you want to participate or not. You will be safe in rooms known to be SAFEROOMS and VAULTS, but elsewhere you will be fai game to the epic story line.
To resign, visit your local recruiter and type RESIGN. Be sure that this is what you want to do before you do it. Once the honor is gone, it will not return.

REENLIST

See also:
EPIC SYSTEM
RANK
HONOR POINTS
INSIGNIA RANK_INSIGNIA
EPIC MOBS
PROMOTION
RANK WHO
ENLIST
RESIGN
HONORQUEST

Once you have resigned your position in the Epic Army, if you would like to rejoin you must visit your recruiter once again and type reenlist to rejoin the army. You will begin your service once again at the rank you were before you resigned.

HONORQUEST

See also:
EPIC SYSTEM
RANK
HONOR POINTS
INSIGNIA RANK_INSIGNIA
EPIC MOBS
PROMOTION
RANK WHO
ENLIST
REENLIST
HONORQUEST

Honorquests are a step up from autoquests. Honorquests are more complicated, more complex, and usually more involved than autoquests. Honorquests will also reward you with Honor points towards your next rank. For your first set of honorquest/missions visit General Mathor north of Bal Harbor after enlisting. There you will find his work table with various available missions.
Although honorquests are similar to autoquests in their function, you will find honorquest clues hidden in various epic items and not always be given all the clues you need to complete your task. In some cases you will be required to piece together clues from material unrelated to each other.

For more information about honorquest setup, see AUTOQUESTS
Last edited by Akasha on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akasha
Double 40 Poster

EPIC SYSTEM : patch SP 1.0

Postby Akasha » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:24 am

Patch SP 1.0

CHANGES
-----------
Changes to method of honor distribution on epic mobs.
Added Leadership honor.
Added Tank Honor.

BUG FIXES
-----------
Fixed BUG : dont get honor sometimes.
Fixed BUG : shapeshifted gets no honor (if you still fail to get honor reply on other thread and i'll look at it again)
Akasha
Double 40 Poster

EPIC SYSTEM : patch SP 1.1

Postby Akasha » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:30 am

Patch SP 1.1

BUG FIXES
-------------
Shifted no honor bug is FIXED! (TESTED and PASSED)

CHANGES
------------
Honor mobs have been reconfigured with their final makeover.

Akasha
Akasha
Double 40 Poster

EPIC SYSTEM : patch SP 1.2

Postby Akasha » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:10 am

ADDITIONS
-------------
Help files are ingame. Help Epic System
Thanks to Judge for adding them.

FIXES
-------
Fixed Honor following leader out of room and only awarding members with leader, and not with mob.
Fixed a slight glitch in the reward amount, it was curving awards down, so 1 in your favor.
Fixed having to engage mob with group to get honor. Healers can now not assist and get honor. (Thank Shyla for this). This fix puts bot-sponge control back in leader's hands.

CHANGES
-----------
In preparation for upcoming expansion pack, a few epic/honor mobs have undergone some changes. Most you will not like right now, but a minor expansion pack is due out within the next 7 days - look for posting of update.

MESSAGE FROM YULUK
---------------------------
My scribes have updated some material in the Tome of Fathmori Legends. This information you may find critical in your quest for honor. The only updated translations are of those creatures which have already been discovered throughout the land of Jord.
Akasha
Double 40 Poster

EPIC SYSTEM : Expansion 1.0 - ingame

Postby Akasha » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:52 am

ADDITIONS
-------------
New HonorQuests
Re-instatement of Raid System with minor changes
Re-instatement of Event setup
A few new epic mobs in place, updates to be found in Tome of Fathmori

CHANGES
-----------
Distinct separation between an Honor mob and an Epic mob.
Honor mobs are smaller, quest-geared possibly solo mobs
while Epic mobs are well-known, documented mobs (Tome documented).
Mostly this is a size and strength change that only affects new mobs and Bolg (and no, Bolg is not a bug, what he is, is what he is now).

Akasha
Akasha
Double 40 Poster

EPIC SYSTEM : Expansion 1.0a (patch)

Postby Akasha » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:17 am

FIXES
-------
Event raid mobs now do not cluster all in one room
Explore quests have been temporarily removed due to an unknown bug
(these may or may not be reinstated) Other quests are unaffected.
Akasha
Double 40 Poster

EPIC SYSTEM : Expansion 1.0b

Postby Akasha » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:50 am

FIXES
-------

Fixed Raid mobs so that fighter gets honor instead of others in room
Fixed a hidden bug in Epic mobs. Seems you were really only getting about 1/3 of the total honor a mob was supposed to put out. Total is now fixed to what it was intended to be (about 3x higher).
Akasha
Double 40 Poster

EPIC SYSTEM : Expansion 1.0c

Postby Akasha » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:01 am

FIXES
-------
Player tested and approved, the no-honor-shifted bug is finally 100% fixed. Feel free to shift on epic mobs now.
Raid/Honor mobs are not fixed as of yet, this will take me more time to fix each mob than I have right now.

Current ingame Epic mobs are now fully functional. Yes, some of them weren't using all of their abilties, and for those of you who tested Arcane Ooze, this mob is fixed now to perform as intended.
Akasha
Double 40 Poster

EPIC SYSTEM : Expansion 2.0

Postby Akasha » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:08 pm

UPDATE:

Yuluk's scribes have completed several new passages and his editor has gone through and fixed the appendix errors. Yuluk assures us, if its in the book, its been seen on the world.

General Mathor has provided us with information that Lolth has taken great measures to restructure her citadel in demonweb. To what purpose this restructuring is geared is unknown, but exploration would be recommended.
General Mathor's spies have also alerted us that Lucifer (or whom you call Satan) has increased in power and matured into something larger. As a result of his sudden evolution, his kingdom of Hades has been altered by his increased power.

ADDITIONS
-------------
Several new epic and honor mobs
Area updates for 2 areas
Akasha
Double 40 Poster

Long overdo patch 2.1

Postby Akasha » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:49 am

CHANGES
------------
Drachma rewards from epics has been modified.
Akasha
Double 40 Poster

Return to Quest Announcements