40 mage equipment?

Information about the mage class

Postby Medios » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:32 pm

[quote="Messiaen":3vzzfy4k]Mike, I reply to you personally. Some time ago I used to be respecting you, I thought, wow, this man sure knows what he is saying. Then after I read some more of your posts on crier and after I have watched you on the mud for a while I figured that you're probably a nonetify, a boy who wants to seem like something.

Good luck to you on you self-knowledge pathway.[/quote:3vzzfy4k]

Wow I am so unimportant you made up a new word for me nonetify. You can have your opinion and I could care less whether you think I know what I am saying.

See the main difference between myself and some of the other "elite" players is this.

1) I don't abuse bugs
2) I actually help new players
3) I find myself relocating and raising/cr even for avatars
4) I lead groups where death is imminent for bots
5) I spend more time actually on the mud than rehasing a bunch of nonsense on this crier.
6) When the nerf to ac was implemented did anyone hear me crying about Minstrel being affected? I hear a lot of talk about nobody playing bards but my bard is strong and well played. Notorious in fact.
7) I refuse to let this game, which I play for enjoyment, make me mad or angry. If something gets nerfed I work around it and try to have fun.

If your mad that I called you out on the prediction/bolt then go ahead and get upset. The "feature" as you call it is cheating in my book and that is why I don't use it. Refer to number 1 above.

The little boy comment is funny but I refuse to act childish and name call. Im full grown, 31 years old. I raise a girl that is not my child and I help coach her soccer team. I don't play SlothMUD to "seem" like somebody. In fact if I was trying to make a name for myself it wouldn't be on a game that nobody has ever heard of. I play sloth to talk to friends and relax period.

We can take it up next time I see you in my vault.
Fight the Good Fight!

~[DoW]~
Medios

Postby Tap » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:08 pm

You two should get a room.
Tap

Postby Tap » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:20 pm

[img:sc6g5c36]http://www.funnycatpix.com/_pics/cat_magic_missle.jpg[/img:sc6g5c36]

jic

[url:sc6g5c36]http://www.funnycatpix.com/_pics/cat_magic_missle.jpg[/url:sc6g5c36]
Tap

Postby Vixn » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:54 am

[quote="Medios":1twc3ka3]I hear a lot of talk about nobody playing bards but my bard is strong and well played. Notorious in fact.[/quote:1twc3ka3]

Erm... it was only me who told there are no more prime bards playing around (except Taliesin). You also don't play your bard on day-basis anymore. Though I agree your bard is still strong and well played. Probably best bard I ever know.

[quote="Medios":1twc3ka3]If your mad that I called you out on the prediction/bolt then go ahead and get upset. The "feature" as you call it is cheating in my book and that is why I don't use it.[/quote:1twc3ka3]

There are at least 2 style of playing:
First one is called 'straight playing'. You must know advantages of your classorder for groups, you must know areas and how to lead.
Another one is called 'smart playing' (but yep I know someone calls it 'pansy style' :lol: ). You must know how to kill using your only char, you must know mobs and you must know tricks.

So you just use different styles of playing. And I think pressage is just skill, it were designed to allow monks deal some damage right before fighting. So I don't agree it's cheating. Another way we should count mirrors as cheating, juju as cheating and triple stab with poison as cheating for sure :P

[quote="Medios":1twc3ka3]I spend more time actually on the mud than rehasing a bunch of nonsense on this crier.[/quote:1twc3ka3]
You did almost 360 posts and Messi did about 60 :P

Your jolly pirate Edd (aka Kida)
Vixn
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 13 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:58 pm

I cannot believe this garbage. Coltrane making up new words trying to
bag on Medios? I guess Mike hit a nerve there bitchboy.

[quote:3qy8uqjz]We can take it up next time I see you in my vault.[/quote:3qy8uqjz]

this is gold because it [i:3qy8uqjz]will[/i:3qy8uqjz] happen ^
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Toxis » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:39 pm

Atlas (messiaen) went off on a newbie before they even had a chance to explain why they killed a mob, telling them to find another mud and whole types of shit. When he found out that newbie was my wive and that I could see everything that happened by looking at her screen, he was all "oh god I"m so sorry, here let me wipe the shit off my nose so I can kiss your ass some more". What a ******* dick. As far as I'm concerned, you're a dumbass anyway- and not just for the shit that happend that day, you've been a real tool on dozens of occasions.

As for the prediction/frostbolt "feature" it's bullshit, and I have a fellow DoW that gets on my nerves cuz he can solo insane mobs that'd give Toxis a challenge. If you don't know about the bug, let me tell you how it works, cuz it is bullshit.

First you get a familiar, that familiar will let you detect the exact moment a "round" comes into play on sloth. So you prediction, go in right after the mud round happens and blast the mob then flee. You do the exact same thing over and over and never get hit. Sorry to my sloth bud who solo's everything, but I believe in balance in play, not bullshit in play.

As far as Mike goes, he knows more about sloth in his pinky than 90% of the mud and is one of the best leaders I have ever seen. Don't get him started on politics though, heh, but he's a cool guy and I like to mud with him.

Lately I've been pretty disappointed with sloth and don't want to be on. When I am on, I get aggrivated by stupid shit (yinao not even throwing a restoration on toxis, doesn't matter if sanc fell or not, and yinao having 700 mana, that shit pisses me off).

I don't care if I piss people off, you all need to just quit playing sloth if you're not going to take healing the tank seriously, or bot in groups.

I appreciate the coders, and the admin that didn't piss me off, and I appreciate players who help other players, no matter what their reasons. You know, to put things in perspective about this game... I used to believe that all my helping people when I was level 44 immortal would make me more liked, that I was doing something good for sloth. Now I look back at it and I would say there's probably 5 players that still play that even remembered I gave out 1000 tri40 items, or restringed that god damn blue comet 3 times in a week... I wish I could remember who that was. None of it matters, this game doesn't matter, and the only thing you can really look forward to that has any real meaning is turning off the power switch at the end of the day. Because at least that's a good thing.

-Toxis

-Toxis
Toxis
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Tap » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:53 pm

[quote:1jvbxozi]Lately I've been pretty disappointed with Yinao. Yinao, that shit, pisses me off.You need to just quit playing sloth if you're not going to take healing the tank seriously, or bot in groups. What a ******* dick.[/quote:1jvbxozi]

I hate to defend someone who obviously would see me dead but if you got a problem with Yinao then perhaps you need to take a chill pill...That dude's awesome.Period.
Tap

Postby Yinao » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:15 pm

You wanna talk shit how you tank unlit while im debuffing a mob brad you can go suck a dick you ****** panzy ass muther ****** tank. You wanna tank unlit and bitch, do it by all means, dont ****** blame other people because you cant cast aegis on yourself you ****** douche bag. You take 800 in a round 400 hp restore brings you up to 700 next round your dead anyways so **** yourself.
Yinao
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Weasel » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:45 pm

[img:2ksw2qxm]http://www.surfersvillage.com/gal/pictures/Not_Hurricane_Isabel.jpg[/img:2ksw2qxm]
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby van » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:25 am

Well... I agree with the point of Yinao's post. At least the points that aren't censored by the FCC.

Preface: I didn't see Toxis in his imm guise doing much. Before my time, I expect, being a relatively recent player. So... ignoring that part.

Real part:

Tanks die. A lot. It happens. Lites go down, the cleric isn't riding the keyboard, the tank dies. It happens. A lot. And sure, Yinao had a lot of mana. That happens a lot too. Just ask Stryx. :) (gentle tease)

Yinao's as annoying as anybody I can think of, except possibly Al. Or me. :) We talk a lot of shit, but I think *most* people would agree that at the end of the day we do try to help people and try to contribute to the mud.

Of course, this gets me on DoW's blacklist (as reported directly to me by a DoW member. Someone tell me what that's about btw). Anyhoo, I'm rambling. But after the tenth time seeing Toxis leave a group with absolutely no style, I'm just tired of hearing about clerics who don't heal. Get over it. Sometimes they don't.

Note to everyone! This is how you leave a group you don't enjoy very much (at a safe point, of course):

Van -- 'hrm, I think I'm done'
Van -- 'thanks for group, see you later'
fol van

not:

Toxis -- 'Yinao, you are the worst cleric in the world and I hate you. I hate you!'
Toxis stops following Shyla.
Shyla -- 'wtf?'
Van -- 'um, dunno'

(note too lazy to check logs, but this is about what happened)

Anyway... just my 2 cents, let the flames begin.

Van

P.S. Hamster love forever!
van
40 Prime Poster

Postby van » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:26 am

Btw, this has absolutely nothing to do with 40 mage equipment.

HAMSTERS EAT CORM!
van
40 Prime Poster

Postby van » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:28 am

All right, can't edit my existing post for some reason, so I'll just add that I died horribly in that group too because Yinao didn't heal.

WHINE!
van
40 Prime Poster

Postby Yinao » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:30 am

I think you died faster than Toxis did, he took 2 rounds you took one. *Taunt*
Yinao
Triple 40 Poster

Postby van » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:30 am

And because I didn't remember to add everything... here's another one:

I like Mike! Taught me how to run desert, pyramid, got me lots of levels. Great leader, great player, even if he does seem to dislike me these days. :)

Done spamming - have fun.
van
40 Prime Poster

Postby van » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:31 am

[quote="Yinao":324wiud2]I think you died faster than Toxis did, he took 2 rounds you took one. *Taunt*[/quote:324wiud2]

Yeah, you tend to die fast when you have 400 hps and you're unlit. :)

I think you should learn how to cast 'aegis'!
van
40 Prime Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Mage