bodyslam and nextLevelXP

Report a bug you found.

bodyslam and nextLevelXP

Postby islq » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:24 pm

i can't use bodyslam on any mob.
the nextLevelXP variable of MXP only count the first 4 class
islq

Postby *Splork* » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:06 pm

I am aware of both, give me a week and ill attack them.

Im not entirely sure what I want to do with bodyslam. I definitely dont want it doing similar damage as grip or acting similar.

The nextleveltoexp is going to be a hard fix but I will give it a go.

Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Medios » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:12 am

Just my input on body slam.

There is no reason that it should only be used as a leading attack. Wrestlers use single and double leg take downs all the time. A double leg take down is essentially a body slam if you keep them off balance. So this is like a bash except the monk has more control with the falling opponent. So as a specialized bash it could possibly do more damage, keep the mob sitting, stun the mob, concussion, or knock out the opponents breath. Is it possible for bodyslam to be used in conjunction with another monk skill like trap that would be like putting the mob in a full mount with the monk in control giving even more bonuses to a bashed mob. Warriors get stomp to do more damage to bashed mobs, possibly monks could use bodyslam to help with debuffs or somehow give a benefit to a group. Of course titans and dragons cannot be bodyslammed. Only humanoids, small creatures, and possibly some giant sized things depending on strength.

Another idea is that a successful bodyslam during combat engages the monk like deathgrip and keeps the mob sitting for more than one round while the monk loses his attacks to keep the mob down.

Kick it around.
Fight the Good Fight!

~[DoW]~
Medios

Return to Bug Reporting