please fix bug with shipping reclaim

Report a bug you found.

please fix bug with shipping reclaim

Postby Weasel » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:53 pm

I shipped an item to someone with the cost for the item on top. They did not claim it after a day or so, so I reclaimed it to avoid it going to unclaimed and causing me to lose the item altogether. I went to post office, typed 'reclaim itemname' and got the eq back, but had to pay the couple of hundred thousand coins I was charging for it as well. No worries, I thought (wrongly), I'll just type 'check' and have the coins returned, effectively buying the eq off myself... guess what..

The pawnbroker tells you, 'Sorry, you don't have any mail waiting.'
The pawnbroker tells you, 'You don't have any packages waiting.'

Thanks for ripping me off. Please fix this bug - apparently others have asked for this to be fixed in the past, but it's still phut.

..reimbursment would be nice too.. :evil:
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby firebrand » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:00 pm

*scratches head* i thought i was going nuts. same happened to me a week or so ago with smth i was shipping and changed mind about

"like, let's get out of here, scoob!" --shaggy, any scooby doo episode
Yeah bringing you another disturbing creation from the mind of one sick animal who can't tell the difference and gets stupified.
firebrand
Triple 40 Poster

Re: please fix bug with shipping reclaim

Postby Atwell » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:25 pm

[quote="Weasel":2422b8a8]I shipped an item to someone with the cost for the item on top. They did not claim it after a day or so, so I reclaimed it to avoid it going to unclaimed and causing me to lose the item altogether.[/quote:2422b8a8]

Items take about a month of real time to go unclaimed.

(Naturally, the behavior you saw is still a bug.)
Atwell
40 Prime Poster

Postby Elsie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:45 pm

Note the date:

[quote:3r47ilpe]

Elsie
40 Prime Poster

Posted: May 08, 2006 - 10:25 AM Post subject: Bug with shipping?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I may have found a bug with the shipping system ... could be my lack of understanding ... if so could someone enlighten me:

I recently sold some items on the chopping block, some of which I shipped with costs by arrangement with those who won them.

3 of these have not been received, so I though t to save them from getting lost I'd reclaim them and reship.

On reclaiming I found I had to pay the cost I had tagged onto the item to recieve it:

e.g. I shipped an elven ring of agility with 50000 costs and paid the (400 gold I think) to do so

7 days later I reclaimed the ring it cost me 50400 to do so.

An enchanted fishing pole I shipped with 100000 costs I couldn't reclaim as I only had 90k on me at the time.

When I next checked at the postoffice I didn't receive the 50k from the postmaster as I would have done if the receipient received it.

To my mind somethings wrong here

Elsie

[/quote:3r47ilpe]
Elsie
40 Prime Poster

Postby *juggleblood* » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:02 am

*Bump*
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Return to Bug Reporting