Two things

Report a bug you found.

Postby *Splork* » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:33 pm

Flail isn't being taken out of the game, its simply not a prime only ability anymore. I will change flail eq when I have time.

Enjoy,
Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Weasel » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:58 pm

ahh ok thanks :)
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Tetsulunathaya » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:44 am

Hey, at least warriors at least still get Parry, which is a really good prime ability, that sees alot of use.

Bards get +2 bonus to a few songs (which is more for other people then themselves, not many bards sing Gods solo, or using Dreams on themselves), and Dance of the Seven Luck Gods, whilst good in some circumstances, is highly undervalued and generally not used in normal mudding experience (not to mention its a pain/expensive to get, where most other prime skills can be found in guilds).

So if were ammending Prime abilities, just a request to look at bards? I'll still play it no matter what, just be nice be nice to see some other skills for us bards, since new stuff is getting added :)
Tetsulunathaya
40 Prime Poster

Postby Guinex » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:48 am

HTW did this thread lead on to a warrior skill?
Guinex
Double 40 Poster

Postby Guinex » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:51 am

While were off topic this shit is annoying....

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

And the post still goes on
Guinex
Double 40 Poster

Postby Krok » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:19 am

Just a lil reminder: bards can use instruments and have high charisma to avoid saves, and few very tricky songs. So forget about that :))
From Russia with love.
Krok
Triple 40 Poster

Postby *Splork* » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:26 am

Oh, I'm pretty sure the majority of bards are incredibly happy with the affects of instruments and Seven Luck.

We won't be redoing any of their prime only abilities. Flail is and always has been a waiste of a prime only ability.

Enjoy,
Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Gnu » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:38 pm

[quote="Tetsulunathaya":14enu69q]Hey, at least warriors at least still get Parry, which is a really good prime ability, that sees alot of use.

Bards get +2 bonus to a few songs (which is more for other people then themselves, not many bards sing Gods solo, or using Dreams on themselves), and Dance of the Seven Luck Gods, whilst good in some circumstances, is highly undervalued and generally not used in normal mudding experience (not to mention its a pain/expensive to get, where most other prime skills can be found in guilds).

So if were ammending Prime abilities, just a request to look at bards? I'll still play it no matter what, just be nice be nice to see some other skills for us bards, since new stuff is getting added :)[/quote:14enu69q]

bards... bards everywhere... what do bards have?
1. bards have quite a nice set of eq for armor class, they can easily obtain...
2. bards can use instruments (it's quite nice to use the most powerful blast for the price of a stupid wind)...
3. the best bard's ability for soloing is summoning undeads... what? did you skip necro in your classo? hm... there can be only three possibilities imho: you are Taliesin, you do not like soloing, you are just a newb :P
4. bards have a right to suggest new skills, spells for themselves... what did you say? that's not a bard's privilage? that's true, but who cares? :P
Gnu
40 Prime Poster

Postby Gnu » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:39 pm

[quote="Tetsulunathaya":3q78gp8n]Hey, at least warriors at least still get Parry, which is a really good prime ability, that sees alot of use.

So if were ammending Prime abilities, just a request to look at bards? I'll still play it no matter what, just be nice be nice to see some other skills for us bards, since new stuff is getting added :)[/quote:3q78gp8n]

bards... bards everywhere... what do bards have?
1. bards have quite a nice set of eq for armor class, they can easily obtain...
2. bards can use instruments (it's quite nice to use the most powerful blast for the price of a stupid wind)...
3. the best bard's ability for soloing is summoning undeads... what? did you skip necro in your classo? hm... there can be only three possibilities imho: you are Taliesin, you do not like soloing, you are just a newb :P
4. bards have a right to suggest new skills, spells for themselves... what did you say? that's not a bard's privilage? that's true, but who cares? :P
Gnu
40 Prime Poster

Postby Guinex » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:23 pm

Once saves are completly fixed bards won't have the best blast anymore ;)
Guinex
Double 40 Poster

Postby Rynquald » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:30 pm

Sure, mages shouldn't have the slightest problem with obtaining what amounts to a quest spell (assuming attunement's supposed to be the great saves equaliser) in order to match the damage ability of a song with some really bad notes....
Rynquald
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Shara » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:23 pm

We also regen like warriors.

I also find myself rarely using luck gods for myself, but that's probably just me.

And saves must certainly be in, because I've tried crying with and without charisma, and the difference is huge.

If you think making undead is a bard's specialty, then play a necro.

Anyway, please don't give bards more skills or I'll have to cycle more sbs!
Shara
40 Prime Poster

SBs

Postby Avatar » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:05 pm

At least you can dance when you're cycling spellbooks. The rest of us have to cycle for 2 weeks for a pop.
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Mosaix » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:31 pm

One could try playing a Cleric Prime. Its so much fun I havent played in 2 weeks.

There are books I dont even bother trying to get. Have asked for help with books and get blown off.
In particular im at 50% on Acid-Etched. Even with one loaded couldnt get help to pop it, including my own clan.

However im first on the dialpad when people need a raise, a healer to help THEM get eq, or a healer to THEM get exp.

The joys of cleric prime. Dont ever be one.
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Postby brady » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:32 pm

Dance like Snoopy! With your nose up and your eyes shut and your smile stretched across the sky. You are a cosmic dancer...cosmic!

And Shara, I love that you have 7 Luck Gods!
brady
Triple 40 Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reporting