Targeting the Right Thug

Report a bug you found.

Postby Taki » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:27 am

I am supporting the 'pet-theory' since i noticed the same, and even worse annoyances related to pets/followers (cleric's supplicants and necro's undeads, not sure about mage's familiars).

If a pet/follower is the one who strikes the morting hit, then the fight stops - as if everyone else had autokill off. Thus the need to issue a new targeted command to finish the kill. This is even worse if it happens in a group since then the xp is not shared correctly - need to experiment more to see which are the cases.
Patience and powerful strikes!
Taki
40 Prime Poster

Postby Wintersdark » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:21 am

It's the pet thing. If a pet morts a mob, then the fight stops. I've lost a good number of kills to bloodloss that way, on both of my chars.

It happens, reliably, with animated, summons, supplications, familairs, charmies, everything.

However, if a follower leaves a mob unconcious but NOT mortally wounded, the fight will continue as normal.

It's really rather annoying - the time it takes to look at the target, find the correct one if new mobs have come into the room ect., often leads to death VIA bloodloss - always a piss off when you've worked really hard to kill something big.

[quote="Taki":3h1tr0gn]I am supporting the 'pet-theory' since i noticed the same, and even worse annoyances related to pets/followers (cleric's supplicants and necro's undeads, not sure about mage's familiars).

If a pet/follower is the one who strikes the morting hit, then the fight stops - as if everyone else had autokill off. Thus the need to issue a new targeted command to finish the kill. This is even worse if it happens in a group since then the xp is not shared correctly - need to experiment more to see which are the cases.[/quote:3h1tr0gn]
Wintersdark

Previous

Return to Bug Reporting