Mudlet 3.0.0-delta Mapper

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-delta Mapper

Postby Gorka » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:02 am

Here are my thoughts...

Slothmud rooms should supply a correct X,Y,Z in the context of their area/zone. If they did, generating an area map from one of Teker's LUA dumps would be possible, and would not be mud client dependent as the maps would be built from data actually stored in sloths area files.

Currently the room data only has an X,Y... to be honest I feel it needs a Z as well.

Some area files probably won't need changes... a lot of others will possibly need manual X,Y,Z coordinates supplied to fix the room and make the maps look right.

I'd be happy to go through areas one at a time and fix them, in my own time, but would need to be empowered to do so, and it would be good if some other people volunteered also. Perhaps a command could be made and assigned to certain players that would allow then to set X,Y,Z for a room, this would empower more people to do the job instead of a few immortals changing hundreds of area files.

Most of the "strangeness" of my generated map is directly due to the absence of the Z coordinate that would put those rooms and links on a different level in mudlet mapper, instead of over top.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby *teker* » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:50 pm

Hmm, where do we go from here Teker?

In the short-term, I'm going to try to get the MSDP LOCATION fixed and get a base package for Mudlet posted on the web site. I want to get something fairly simple out that we can test for new players. My hope is that having a package with group related triggers will make it easier for groups to take on new players and make it more likely those new players will stick around.

Then I'll start looking at the mapper module. Since there's no Z information in the files or database, I'll have to see how complicated that would be to create and maintain. I can create a command to update the coordinate information once it's ready to store. Then it's probably going to be a lot of manual work to go through and clean the data.
*teker*
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Awesome!

Cleaning data... never a nice job, no one wants to do it, but once it's done... obstacle cleared, feature unlocked and it's all worth it.

Good luck trying to get millennials to stick with sloth.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby *teker* » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Let me know if the MSDP changes are working better now.
*teker*
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Almost perfect... I ran to castle echoing the msdp.LOCATION.ROOM.NAME, in a couple of cases the name of the room gets echoed before the room has changed.

An Old WallThe Wall
An Old Wall
A castle's moat leaves only a narrow strip of dry land at the foot of
the stronghold's outer wall. The wall is made of grey stones which used to
be polished. Now the shiny surface is marred by many cracks and cuts, none
of them deep enough to be used as a handhold.
Exits: East West
(Blue Aura) A squire travels the corridors, at ease for the first time in his young life.

<1220hp 552ma 316mv 29650213585xp -0.5ac -%>
The Wall
The outer wall of a fortified castle and its moat leave only a narrow
space between them. That wall is at least thirty feet high, made of great
blocks of grey stone. The cracks between the stones are pencil-line thin,
such a perfect fitting that it never required mortar.
Exits: East West
(Blue Aura) A squire travels the corridors, at ease for the first time in his young life.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Previous

Return to Mudlet - unlimited possibilities