Akayan Scripts

Re: Akayan Scripts

Postby Akaya » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:07 pm

MSDPSERVER_ID is raised each time you log in. So you can create an event handler to run getmsdpvars() when you do. It would look like this:

Enjoy!
Akaya
40 Prime Poster

Postby Tuck » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Did you get TANK_NAME, TANK_HEALTH and other TANK related vars to work?

Thanks for your answer.
Tuck
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Akaya » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Tuck wrote:Did you get TANK_NAME, TANK_HEALTH and other TANK related vars to work?

Yes. Your tank's name, level, current and max health are all listed in your MSDP table.

MSDPTANK_NAME
MSDPTANK_LEVEL
MSDPTANK_HEALTH
MSDPTANK_HEALTH_MAX

If a tank is not yet set, then the value will be nil.

Here are a few examples of what you can do with these values:
This will simply display the value given in parenthesis
Code: Select all
display(atcp.MSDPTANK_NAME)

This will give it some color like so: Tank's HP: 1234/5000
cecho("\n<yellow>Tank's HP: <cyan>"..atcp.MSDPTANK_HEALTH.."<yellow>/"..atcp.MSDPTANK_HEALTH_MAX)

For Vyzor users, the following will send your tank information to a Frame.
Tank_Name(level): health/max
Frame_Name:Echo(atcp.MSDPTANK_NAME.."("..atcp.MSDPTANK_LEVEL.."): "..atcp.MSDPTANK_HEALTH.."/"..atcp.MSDPTANK_HEALTH_MAX)

For Geyser users, the following will send your tank information to a label.
Tank_Name(level): health/max
echo("label_name", atcp.MSDPTANK_NAME.."("..atcp.MSDPTANK_LEVEL.."): "..atcp.MSDPTANK_HEALTH.."/"..atcp.MSDPTANK_HEALTH_MAX)

Enjoy!
Akaya
40 Prime Poster

Akayan GUI Creator

Postby Akaya » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:53 am

I'd like to invite the Sloth community to try out the new Akayan GUI Creator.

It's a script written with the Vyzor Framework on Mudlet. It allows you to create visually eye-popping GUIs with little to no coding involved. And it works with any MUD!

It's still in beta and many features are still being added but if you'd like to try it out or follow along, check out my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_ZY59zJZLHypwk8Vvib2Mw

Here's a few videos from the channel so you can get an idea of what's in store:
http://youtu.be/QLWJeuJuWeE
http://youtu.be/uAs2pIdOU4U

The actual GUI Creator itself along with some other useful information can be found here:
http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php? ... 329#p16363

Enjoy!
Akaya
40 Prime Poster

Postby Jecka » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:13 am

Akaya wrote:I'm happy to answer any questions you have and/or walk you through the installation process. Enjoy!

Sorry Akaya :)
I did my best at mudlet with your scripts for Slothmud but the only thing i got was

"Vyzor: Loading modules..."
"Vyzor: Loading modules..."

and after i printed U

"Vyzor: Unloading modules..."
"Vyzor: Unloaded all modules."

any advice please :)
Jecka

Postby Akaya » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:57 am

I'm guessing you installed vyzor.xml instead of vyzor.mpackage

Here's a video I made a little while back that shows you exactly how to install Vyzor properly. The last part of the video tells you to change a line in the code. DONT DO IT because the latest version of Vyzor does it for you.

http://youtu.be/SAQ2SumHfRw

If your problems persist, I'm more than willing to walk you through the process and make certain that your GUI is working as you'd expect.
Akaya
40 Prime Poster

Postby Jecka » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:28 am

Akaya wrote:I'm guessing you installed vyzor.xml instead of vyzor.mpackage

You were absolutely right.
But nevertheless after installing vyzor.mpackage I still can't figure out how you nice-looking scripts can be installed :(

So please post some more additionel help :)
Jecka

Postby Akaya » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:37 pm

Each of my scripts come in a .zip file.

What you'll want to do is download this zip and DO NOT EXTRACT OR UNZIP.

Now install the .zip file on profile that has Vyzor and vuala! Your GUI should appear.

If you'd like, send me a PM on this forum and we'll set up a date/time where I can set it up for you.
Akaya
40 Prime Poster

Postby Jecka » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:04 am

Akaya wrote:Each of my scripts come in a .zip file.

What you'll want to do is download this zip and DO NOT EXTRACT OR UNZIP.

Now install the .zip file on profile that has Vyzor and vuala! Your GUI should appear.

If you'd like, send me a PM on this forum and we'll set up a date/time where I can set it up for you.

I got some improvements but still not all of them :(
Jecka

Mudlet Gameboys!

Postby Akaya » Fri May 10, 2013 4:29 pm

For those that struggle to make the switch between Vyzor and Geyser, if you just want some great examples of how they differ from each other, or just need something to kill time while you wait/sleep in-game, I've created some Mudlet Gameboys for you to play with. Each comes with a default pong game.

The Geyser Gameboy is ready-to-play. Simply download, install and you're good to go.
The Vyzor Gameboy however will require the latest version of Vyzor. You can find a link to this in the first post of this topic.

You can pick up a copy of each Gameboy here:http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2984&start=20#p16781

Enjoy!
Akaya
40 Prime Poster

Postby Akaya » Fri May 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Someone requested that I post a few screenshots of GUI work I've done in the past so I figured I'd share the link to my website. It's incomplete at the moment, but I plan on fleshing it out in the near future...

http://guitararms420.wix.com/akayangui

and my YouTube channel always has the latest projects I'm working on...

http://www.youtube.com/user/rurik69
Akaya
40 Prime Poster

Postby Akaya » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:50 pm

Here's an example of how to make a visual cooldown timer. I didn't write this but someone in the Sloth community found it useful so I figured I'd repost it here.

First, download the following script:
http://forums.mudlet.org/download/file.php?id=853

Now you can enter the following from the command line to create a new cooldown timer:
lua demonnic.anitimer:new("Test1", {x=200, y=100, height = 30, width = 300, color="red"}, 5)

Usage:
demonnic.anitimer:new(name, constructor, time, container, showTime, css, cssback)

name: any name you wish to give the timer in string format

constructor: The same constructor you would pass to Geyser.Gauge:new(). This is where you specify your coordinates, height, width, etc.

time: How long in seconds you want the cooldown to run. Accepts decimal values

container: Optional argument. Give the timer a Geyser container to bind to. If you don't wish to bind to a container, but do wish to set up a stylesheet or turn off the display of the timeleft, then pass the empty string for this argument.

showTime: Optional argument, except if you want to pass further arguments. I may try to restructure this soon. This determines whether or not the time remaining is shown on the timer. Defaults to true if you

css: Optional argument. The stylesheet to apply to the front portion of the gauge.

cssback: Optional argument. The stylesheet to apply to the back portion of the gauge.
Akaya
40 Prime Poster

Exit Parser for Linux

Postby Akaya » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:12 pm

Here's a function I wrote with Ubuntu that will return a table of exits in your current room by parsing MSDPROOM_EXITS. Not sure if this works with other operating systems because of the weird characters that separate the exit names, but if you're not on Linux, still give it a whirl, lemme know what happens:

function parseExits()
  exits = {}
  str = atcp.MSDPROOM_EXITS
  dirs = {"North","East","South","West","Up","Down"}
  for i=1,string.len(str) do
    if string.ends(str,"") or string.ends(str,"O") or string.ends(str,"") or string.ends(str,"") or string.ends(str,"") then
      str = string.cut(str,string.len(str)-1)
    else
    for k,v in pairs(dirs) do
      if string.ends(str,v) then
        str = string.cut(str,string.len(str)-string.len(v))
        table.insert(exits,v)
      end
    end
    end
  end
  return exits
end

To use this script, simply call parseExits() each time you enter a room or when MSDPROOM_VNUM updates. Let's say I'm in a room with exits west, north and south. parseExits() would return:
{
  "West",
  "North",
  "South"
}

Let's say you want to move in the first direction parseExits gives you:
send(parseExits()[1])

That would move you west.

Enjoy!
Akaya
40 Prime Poster

Postby Akaya » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Unfortunately, the forum doesn't want to post the 'weird characters' which is the reason for the above script. So if you're still looking to parse the exits, you'll want to manually insert the 'weird characters' you see in MSDPROOM_EXITS to string.ends(str,"weird_character") of the above script.
Akaya
40 Prime Poster

Postby DarkArtist » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:13 pm

I admit to being a newb, but I couldn't understand what weird chars you meant at first cuz I couldn't even get MSDPROOM_EXITS to give me anything, until I realized it was absent from getmsdpvars() that I got from you. So fyi other newbs, don't forget to add it to the list if its not there.

I found the character codes for those weird symbols under Terminal fonts, but how do I enter them into mudlet? When I paste them in from the character map they come out as foreign letters and upside down question mark.

I wrote down the character codes if I can do it that way somehow?

What I've got now for exits is a trigger off the pattern ^Exits:(\s+)(.*)(\s)(\s)(\s)$

exitsString=matches[3]
exits={}
exits=exitsString:split(" ") -------(two spaces in the delimiter)
--display(exits)

I'm guessing msdproom_exits give you all the exits, whether u can see them or not? If so, I guess it'd be better to switch, but triggering off the exits output has the advantage that you can could capture the brackets and make a table of closed/open status for each valid exit.

Thanks again for posting all this stuff.

btw, it seems the board duplicates your post when u change title, i hope i responded correctly.
DarkArtist
Double 40 Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Mudlet - unlimited possibilities