Changes In New Website...

Please post your ideas to improve our web site.

Changes In New Website...

Postby Hotara » Sun May 23, 2004 7:25 pm

Well, I noticed that the webmasters altered certain aspects of the website based on readers opinions, so, i suppose if we were to post all the changes we would like to see under one post it would ease their task.

Personally, I'd like the following things looked into, and would like the opinion of those here as well over it;

1) The Prompt for Visual Mode, where a textbox pop's up when you're about to type a message so use visual mode.. is it just possible to have a button like the B, I U quote, thing instead?

2) Members Online screen, this screen refreshes far too soon, intervals of less then 30 seconds. I can't say for everybody else, but it does something funky to my screen everytime I am to scroll past it and it refreshes. Is it just possible to have a button on the screen that says something along the lines of "Refresh this Shit?" :)

3) The forum highlight things have been removed from certain pages(?), but when typing a message, the highlight persist. These highlights often cause lag and of course, is an obsolete add-on that serves no purpose then to make the text we're clicking much harder to see :)

That's about it for now :>.
-The Recalcitrant Obnoxious Sorceress-
Hotara
40 Prime Poster

Postby Blaster » Sun May 23, 2004 7:44 pm

2) Members Online screen, this screen refreshes far too soon, intervals of less then 30 seconds. I can't say for everybody else, but it does something funky to my screen everytime I am to scroll past it and it refreshes. Is it just possible to have a button on the screen that says something along the lines of "Refresh this Shit?"

Changed the reload time on this. Is it any better now?

Blaster
Blaster
Creator

Postby Blaster » Sun May 23, 2004 7:51 pm

1) The Prompt for Visual Mode, where a textbox pop's up when you're about to type a message so use visual mode.. is it just possible to have a button like the B, I U quote, thing instead?

This can either be enabled for all or disabled. I will leave it up to everyone to decide and then take the action requested by the vast majority of the players.

If it is disabled, it won't work at all in the vis mode, but will work as if you had canceled vis mode.

Blaster
Blaster
Creator

Postby Blaster » Sun May 23, 2004 7:53 pm

3) The forum highlight things have been removed from certain pages(?), but when typing a message, the highlight persist. These highlights often cause lag and of course, is an obsolete add-on that serves no purpose then to make the text we're clicking much harder to see

Not sure what you are talking about here? can you explain this to me a little better so I know what you mean and I can look into it if needed.

Blaster
Blaster
Creator

Postby Weasel » Sun May 23, 2004 8:47 pm

Personally I'd like to bail on the visual mode thing since you asked :)

testing to see if [b:2q3f8v0n]bold[/b:2q3f8v0n] and [i:2q3f8v0n]italic[/i:2q3f8v0n] and [u:2q3f8v0n]underline[/u:2q3f8v0n] buttons work..
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Weasel » Sun May 23, 2004 8:47 pm

ok they work now, kewl.. and I see we have edit back so that's great too. Wonder if img works

[img:21899bn2]http://demon.twinflame.org/images/facebothsml.jpg[/img:21899bn2]
Weasel

Postby Next » Sun May 23, 2004 10:06 pm

Personally I don't see the need for so many different forums, for example chat and gossip etc etc. Anon posting isn't a favourite of mine either... :D
Mess with the best,
Die like the rest!
Next

Postby Weasel » Sun May 23, 2004 10:18 pm

A forum for suggestions would be kewl though.
Weasel

Postby Clink » Mon May 24, 2004 1:55 am

[quote="Weasel":1267jo1p]A forum for suggestions would be kewl though.[/quote:1267jo1p]

There are forums for suggestions pertaining to the mud and to the website.  Newly created as of today at some point.
Clink
Greater God

Postby Hotara » Mon May 24, 2004 2:12 am

[img:2dyto3ok]http://www.angelfire.com/games5/hotara/coollogo_com_26517336.jpg[/img:2dyto3ok]

Wonder if this would work......
Hotara
40 Prime Poster

Postby Zenkai » Mon May 24, 2004 4:34 am

Hottie, that spank.gif is 430kb

kinda big for an avatar pic, huh? :P
Zenkai

Postby Hotara » Mon May 24, 2004 4:54 am

[quote="Zenkai":1klypz4v]Hottie, that spank.gif is 430kb

kinda big for an avatar pic, huh? :P[/quote:1klypz4v]

You just have a bad connection, that's all :>
Hotara
40 Prime Poster

Postby Alberich » Mon May 24, 2004 11:18 am

I didn't notice if anyone else posted about this yet, but I like the new main page layout lots better - thanks :)
Alberich

Postby Shadis » Mon May 24, 2004 11:47 am

I agree with next (oh nonot again :shock: )
condese the topics

one for open discusion
one for auction
one for imm only posting

and maybe on purely for suggestions
*All opinions posted here are entirely mine and thus are worth less then the 1's and 0's they are typed with!*
Shadis
40 Prime Poster

Work in progress

Postby Clink » Mon May 24, 2004 1:00 pm

[quote="Alberich":2wck7zab]I didn't notice if anyone else posted about this yet, but I like the new main page layout lots better - thanks :)[/quote:2wck7zab]

Still working on it. Trying to get more news (below the introduction) and less scrolling.
Clink
Greater God

Next

Return to Web Site Suggestions