Newbie Primer

Please post your ideas to improve our web site.

Newbie Primer

Postby 12345 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:13 am

I've tried reading the primer about a dozen different times and I think I've gotten as far as page 8. Could one of the gods please create a page for it on the site? It would make it a lot easier to read for newbie and vet alike.

Also, newbie info is pretty scattered, though the site map does a somewhat decent job of combining it. A grouping for Newbie info containing the Newbie Center, Primer and a link to the FAQ in the forums might provide for greater visibility for the newbie types. Considering the number of newbies lately, it might prove beneficial. Also, I know the gods aren't partial to editing posts, but trimming some of the unneeded stuff in the FAQ, or creating a way to navigate it more easily would probably make it less intimidating.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Clink » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:01 pm

What primer are you talking about?
Clink
Greater God

Postby 12345 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:31 pm

Wow... thread necromancy.

There's a primer given to every newbie created. It may load in the container newbies are given now. It's got some good material in it for those that have never played sloth before, but you have to type 'read page1' 'read page2' 'read page3', etc to use it.

Worse, if you try actually reading it, you're more likely to end up frustrated or sleepy than informed. If it was on the website, it would be much simpler to skim through and digest than being a newbie plinking at the keyboard (and with telnet, no echo and no repeat) trying to get info out of the primer.

You can usually find several copies lying around on Valk where newbies dropped them.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Clink » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:02 pm

[quote="12345":1s13b9q0]Wow... thread necromancy.[/quote:1s13b9q0]

I'm serious about being receptive to feedback about the site during the changes being made. To that end I've gone through all of the suggestions posted on the forum.

I'll work to get this into the upcoming version of the site. Thanks for the good idea.
Clink
Greater God

Return to Web Site Suggestions