weight indication in eq list

Please post your ideas to improve our web site.

weight indication in eq list

Postby Taki » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:32 am

Hello!

The website is really good... so i think the only thing it might improve what i saw til now would be the indication of weight in the eq list... i think it's an important quality of every piece of eq, but i haven't found it in the eq list, filters and so (if it is there disregard my dumbness and please point me to that )

;)

Taki the monk
Taki
40 Prime Poster

Postby 12345 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:23 am

Weight isn't as important here as in some games. It can be a bother at low levels, but generally, with the strength spell, strength eq, rerolling and such, it's not too hard to carry a ton of stuff. I've been known to carry around 130+ items with 18/100 strength and the max you can rent is only 110. If you're having problems with weight, you may want to look into raising your strength... especially as a monk since it will also help your +hit and +dam. Figure that as a fighter type you want to be running with at least 18/10 strength... if not a lot higher.

Most high weight items aren't as much of a problem if you can wear them or get them into a robe or pack and worn. The annoying ones I've encountered are the breast plate... which I don't think anyone uses anymore, water barrel and some other large drink containers, and now the subdued critters. Subdued stuffs seems to be REALLY heavy considering I've normally used it as a level 8 and below where I know my strength is only 12.

A quick recommendation if you are having problems with items, buy a bag or pack and stuff a bunch of that newbie starter stuff in it. You can then hold the bag or wear the pack. The number of items you start with is really high considering your low starting strength (12) and is frequently a problem until you can get everything in order.

Muling is pretty non-existant here. Everyone wears equipment regardless of position in the group, either for AC or to improve their mana totals, regen, spelldam, damage, whatever. Generally if you get overloaded it's not too hard to run to town and sell stuff. Later, when you have word of recall, summon, gate, lloyd's beacon and such, it gets even easier.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Weasel » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:55 am

I just wish they'd make some of the robes capable of holding a bit more, what with clasps and cps etc, there's more stuff to cart around now but robe capacity has remained unchanged... although I have a tank mode (-11ac), standard mode (-10.3ac with added dam), regen mode and raise mode, so I guess it's not all that surprising I'm getting my robes overfull sometimes.
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Taki » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:54 pm

Thanks for the replies, you made my mind clearer :)

So... I'll definitely need to raise my str, since i got 13.

Pity because i liked my 18 con, which i fear to lose in wild rerolls...
Taki
40 Prime Poster

Postby 12345 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:19 pm

Check out the Royal Library tab on the web page. There's a sublink called Stat Ordering. I don't know what your second class is, but you should be able to look up your specific order on this list. Monks always have Con as their highest stat, so getting an 18 in that is comparitively simple.

Strength can be anything from 2nd to 4th position. If it's in second, it should be possible to get 18 Con and 18/?? without too much pain and suffering. If you have it in 3rd... well I've rolled a couple hundred times and never got 3x18 stats. 4th takes an act of god.

You may find this helpful:
http://slothmud.org/index.php?name=PNph ... c&start=30
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Return to Web Site Suggestions