regarding auction forum

Please post your ideas to improve our web site.

regarding auction forum

Postby Weasel » Mon May 24, 2004 1:34 pm

If you can do this, an option for the author of an auction thread to be able to lock that thread when they close the auction would be great, and it would also mean when you view the auction forum you can just look down the list of threads and know which ones are closed straight away by seeing the little 'thread locked' icon on it. Dunno if phpBB will give this sort of flexibility though. It would also mean that people auctioning stuff have to remember to lock each thread when they close the auction, so maybe it's not such a great idea in practice, as how many people would remember to do that.. hmm.
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Hotara » Mon May 24, 2004 1:39 pm

I don't think that is possible, not unless if you are a moderator... so maybe they could appoint a moderator in the auction boards or what not.

However, I have seen forums where messages in a certain board will be sent to the recycle bin automatically after a designated point of time, maybe a week or two?.
-The Recalcitrant Obnoxious Sorceress-
Hotara
40 Prime Poster

Postby Weasel » Mon May 24, 2004 1:44 pm

[quote="Hotara":f50d71dn]...so maybe they could appoint a moderator in the auction boards or what not.[/quote:f50d71dn]

yeah that would work.

[quote="Hotara":f50d71dn]...messages in a certain board will be sent to the recycle bin automatically after a designated point of time, maybe a week or two?.[/quote:f50d71dn]

yup, that's called pruning and it can be set automatically with phpBB (this forum), although I kind of like being able to look back at past auctions to get a good idea of a particular eq's value if I'm unsure myself what it should be..
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

PostNuke Auction Script

Postby Clink » Mon May 24, 2004 2:25 pm

Does anyone want to volunteer to code an auction module that will plug into a Post Nuke site? Ideally it would have some auction functions like eBay, but only about MUD stuff.

If nobody volunteers, I think eventually someone will code one and we will eventually try to customize it to Sloth, but for the forseeable future, we are stuck with message board auctions of some sort.

Clink
Clink
Greater God

Return to Web Site Suggestions