Crash Last Night

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

Postby Leaf » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:59 am

Well I'm not tring to get Reb to be all up on me, well not in this way 8)
But I'm just saying it would be more cool. I'm adding a function that will
help everyone also. Not just giving a down fall.
I mean who wouldn't want to get -.3 ac more or even +1 - +3 dam for just
some gold. Not alot of gold, maybe like 10k or something, and this would
last a long time.
Leaf

Postby 12345 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:02 pm

[quote="Clink":1f1476i1]-The philisophical argument is that there are very few ways for items to dissappear from the game on whole. Don't confuse this with losing an item and someone else getting it. The other ways for equipment to leave the game are approximately: selling things in a shop, forging into another item, intentionally junking and the occasional player wiped.[/quote:1f1476i1]

I'm going to comment on this cause every time I see it, it pisses me off. For one, forging/trading/enchanting is an incredibly good way to remove items from the game. If your density of forges is too high, you can reduce them with other forges like the Ars Magica. Not only does it eat forges, the new item is personal. Personal items are effectively out of circulation since you can't sell them, etc. They eventually get stuck on some 40 Avatar who will get brought out to raise, run quests and hunt EoY cps.

If you are finding your density of a particular item is getting too high, create a forge for it. Even if it's some stupid forge you do for the BH armorer to create a drachma token worth 3-5 drach to give to the scribe... I guarentee that your over-density problem will vanish almost overnight. Items get eaten, token gets eaten, drachma can only be used to buy stuff locked to the character. Vaults empty.

Then after this imaginary problem goes away, maybe we could do something to keep players from loosing hard earned equipment to game stability issues that players have absolutely no control over.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Previous

Return to Mud Suggestions