hm, new warrior skill

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

My 2 cents worth

Postby Vanyel » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:11 pm

So on a MUD based loosely on D&D rules we are removing a 3rd level Cleric spell because now we have a necro class? What next? mages lose what little cure ability they get because we have clerics? No mage or cleric can create water because now we have druids who can create a spring?

That must make sense to someone, but how about we adjust the remaining spells to do what they are supposed to do according to the help files?
Restoration is a nice example of false advertising. "cast upon certain creatures out of madmen's nightmares, this spell may provide a different angle of use as it will tear them apart." That has yet to work on any undead or evil mob I have tried it on. (Other than to have the mob last a little longer in a fight now)
Turn undead would be nice if it actually caused mobs to disintegrate or even flee (hence the term "turn")
Dispel Evil only seems to do any real damage to PC's, mob shrug it off like it is nothing.

All that being said, this cleric change will do little to affect my playing style. However it will definitely affect lower level clerics again. I already have lower levels asking me what to kill since they keep getting "screwed" . Personally I can't answer that anymore, Vanyel is a solo machine and for those who do not think Clerics should be able to kick ass and take names, well I can just point out Mongoose from S2 or Fathermace from S3 as examples of what a cleric can do.

Seems like cleric might be overtaking thief in the getting screwed department.Maybe we should actually have the class name changed to BOHICA (Bend Over, Here It Comes Again)

Hopefully this "new skill that will make everyone want to be a cleric prime" actually works when it goes in.
Vanyel

Postby Deju » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:11 pm

No one will reimburse for a skill that is made obsolete. See: Track
Deju
Double 40 Poster

Postby Qa » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:26 pm

[quote="Vanyel":1vuwjff0]Seems like cleric might be overtaking thief in the getting screwed department.Maybe we should actually have the class name changed to BOHICA (Bend Over, Here It Comes Again)
[/quote:1vuwjff0]

Cleric overtook thief a long time ago if you ask me.

Proof of BOHICA:
Th got circle - useful for soloing. Especially at under L25.
Mage got mirrors - kickass for soloing. (They get 6 now!?!)
Warrior got parry - kickass for grouping.

Cleric got an 'Aerial Servant'
Someone tell me what 'Aerial Servant' does, because mine dies when I con anything bigger than a Kobold.

I really hope this new change helps.

-Qa

Ps - Oh, and extend the duration on the mace. The only time/reason to use it now is against a perma-sanc mob.
Last edited by Qa on Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qa
40 Prime Poster

Re: Warrior Skills

Postby Weasel » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:36 pm

[quote="*Splork*":2h6ctoj1]Complaining about warriors receiving 'yet another skill' is rather amusing. This class has by far the least amount of abilities and half of them have come this year. We will continue to work on all classes but most importantly, filling out a warrior skill list which is embarrassing to Sloth.

Splork[/quote:2h6ctoj1]

thank you :)
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Alberich » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:25 am

[quote="Qa":2x00n7ck]
Mage got mirrors - kickass for soloing. (They get 6 now!?!)
[/quote:2x00n7ck]

heh, i wish :) no, we get 4, 5 on the off chance you get a masterful cast on your 4th one, same as it has been. also - mirrors are kickass for soloing very small, hard hitting mobs (chicklings and stuff) - since they last less than a round against most other mobs and cannot be recast while fighting (and since not all mages have ungodly regen to keep recasting the damn things) alot of mages I know (myself included) actually probably lead fights with stab just as often as use mirrors.
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby Alberich » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:28 am

also - am I actually the only person who remembers that Kjartan has a registered account here, and doesn't need to post as a guest?
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Re: My 2 cents worth

Postby Hotara » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:47 am

[quote="Vanyel":y9y8aqru]
That must make sense to someone, but how about we adjust the remaining spells to do what they are supposed to do according to the help files?
Restoration is a nice example of false advertising. "cast upon certain creatures out of madmen's nightmares, this spell may provide a different angle of use as it will tear them apart." That has yet to work on any undead or evil mob I have tried it on. (Other than to have the mob last a little longer in a fight now)
[/quote:y9y8aqru]

Try restoring the new ygol in the upgraded MH.
-The Recalcitrant Obnoxious Sorceress-
Hotara
40 Prime Poster

Postby kjartan » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:21 am

[quote="Alberich":1llbc2j5]also - am I actually the only person who remembers that Kjartan has a registered account here, and doesn't need to post as a guest?[/quote:1llbc2j5]
Yeah, but at work I don't have my password in my browser, only at home. That was really me.
kjartan
Creator

Postby Alexdmage » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:13 pm

If you want to give warriors some interesting skills, then how about that -
allow warriors to block exit from a room, preventing normal moving and
decreasing chanses that mob will flee in that direction. (you can even
make them aggro-blockers). I'm suggesting this because up to now all
warrior skills you added was combat skills.
Alexdmage

Postby Mullah » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:22 am

i guess they dont call it the town crier for nothin
waaah!
im not concerned with warrior skillset, its obviously enough
to warrant playing a prime already..just fix the ******* eq restr
Boognish Provides
Mullah

Postby Corwin » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:46 pm

clerics losing animate dead is about the dumb assed thing i have heard here in a long time. forgive me if im wrong, but if you can raise im sure you can animate undead. dont get me wrong, you cannot stop change, but i think some of the admin think they really know what they are doing, and really it comes down to hit or miss. consider how many warrior skills monks got..how many thief got and how many bard got. all these other classes have warrior cross over skills and warriors got non in return. now you wanna take animate undead from clerics because we have necros...thats just silly. lots of undead running around make the mud a much more intresting place. and still admin thinks they need to dream up more and more skills. dont get me wrong i am greatful for the time and effort they all put in, but please reconsider animate dead...with the tweaks done with undead, they are not all that powerful and it will save you all alot of pissed off players.
Corwin

Postby Prometheus » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:40 pm

Er, maybe we could see what clerics are gaining before we start complaining about what they're losing? I mean, Kjarten specifically said it was a 'big thing' that would make people want to play clerics, esp. cleric primes... so I don't think we really have any cause to complain that at the same time they're losing animate dead, unless it turns out to be all hype by the immorts (I don't think so though.)
Prometheus

Postby Corwin » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:34 am

your prolly right, i may be getting way ahead of myself here. i just hate the idea that the mud isn't broken and there is always this fixing...

another thought about necro's, is it just me or isn't it a fact that necros are all about dealing out pain...at least that what the necro school of spells is.....why is the mud so hell bent on necros and undead?
Corwin

PreviousNext

Return to Mud Suggestions