hm, new warrior skill

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

hm, new warrior skill

Postby Alexdmage » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:50 pm

Now warriors received yet another skill, Bloodrage... It seems that this skill have some similarities to spectral shield; I mean, if spectral will use a spells that deal damage to give you mana to spend on your own spells (probably healing) then this skill uses normal attacks that deal damage to regen your hp faster (or it gives mareg too?). Kind of prove that all skills have some sort of analog using the same principle.

If so then how about making a skill/spell that would work like wraithform but for spells? As far as i can understand wraithform forces mob to roll twice (or more) against players AC, and attack hits only if all rolls was successful. Saves works like AC but for spells, with one difference that high level players are failing save rarely. Then my suggestion - made it a skill/spell that forces a player to roll saves twice (or more) and if all saves are made, then player is unaffected by spell entirely instead of just taking half damage. Monks and probably Mages are most suitable classes to be given such skill/spell IMHO. In case of Monks it can be a skill like Empty Body, which will allow magical energies to pass through you, while in case of Mages some kind of auto-dispelling incoming spells (probably consuming normal dispel cost for each magical attack) would work.

OR we can make an analog for protect skill, making user redirect magical attacks thrown on protected person to user himself. (would be nice for necros, who got their spectral quite nerfed, even if it can be cast in combat now... such thing will increase usage of spectral in groups much more then just allowance of combat-casting)
Alexdmage

Postby 12345 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:13 pm

Globe of Protection? D&D spell that completely cancels low level spells. Believe a minor globe would defend against level ~10 and below and a major globe would defend against level ~20 and below in a Sloth-like world. If I remember correctly, it's a mage spell. Mages are far from underpowered at the moment. Would also completely negate curse/blindness/dispel magic/etc. Good for a tank, bad if you're fighting a mob with it. Though minor globe would make a cool mage prime skill, I doubt it would happen.

Don't recall a monk analog off the top of my head, though dwarves have an improved save against magic because they don't believe in it. We also have dwarven mages wandering around SS, so I don't think they're holding too close to that either. If you wanted to consider monks and dwarves similiar, perhaps this is an idea, though I don't know that monks need a boost at the moment either.

Postby Mosaix » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:46 pm

Maybe one day someone will do something, just about anything for clerics, or cleric primes.
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 12345 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:03 pm

Aye. I would think undead would be a pretty good place to start. A cleric is theoretically supposed to be able to mow down undead. Perhaps a spell like firewind minus the fire attribute (ie. disintegrate) that only works against ether mobs... or buffed versions of turn undead, etc.

Don't know how clerics would react to becoming vampire hunter type chars, but the Catacombs on BH, Mansion of the Mourned, Crypt on AH, Tomb, and countless other places are undead type areas. Perhaps even Lycanthropia (were area) could be added to the list.

Re: cleric primes

Postby 12345 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:04 pm

[quote="kjartan":2vis2ti8]There is a very big new thing for clerics, and which is especially nice for cleric primes, coming soon - probably this week.[/quote:2vis2ti8]

Sorry, didn't see Kjartan's post. Cool :D

Postby Mosaix » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:24 pm

No i didnt thank you for posting that! very cool :)
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Warrior Skills

Postby *Splork* » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:46 pm

Complaining about warriors receiving 'yet another skill' is rather amusing. This class has by far the least amount of abilities and half of them have come this year. We will continue to work on all classes but most importantly, filling out a warrior skill list which is embarrassing to Sloth.

Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Truip » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:52 pm

Cleric is the only class on sloth that it is virtually impossible to play without, yet someone is complaining about them. Mosaic, if you chose cleric to solo then you picked the wrong classo. It is already the most picked class on sloth from what Jake said the other night, so why do we want the immortals making it even more powerful?

:?:

I agree with what Blackmore said awhile back, add some fun stuff for warriors because they have been lacking it for almost a decade.
Truip

Postby 12345 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:59 pm

[quote="Truip":eqgcwor0] It is already the most picked class on sloth from what Jake said the other night, so why do we want the immortals making it even more powerful?[/quote:eqgcwor0]
True, self preservation is always in style. Also, armor and stone skin are almost required, no matter what your style of play is. I think the intent is to buff the cleric primes, who are a fairly rare classo.

[quote="Truip":eqgcwor0] I agree with what Blackmore said awhile back, add some fun stuff for warriors because they have been lacking it for almost a decade.[/quote:eqgcwor0]
Agreed. I much appreciate the recent efforts to improve their skillset.

Postby blackmore » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:32 pm

I'm not sure how you get that a fighter's hp regen increases by the help file. Frankly, I'm not sure how you can get much of anything from the help file. It apears to be something that kicks in when the warrior is attacked, possibly only when he's hit with brutal massacres (or, I assume, viscious also). I have no clue what kicks in, though.

I'm interested to see what changes with cleric primes. I agree that clerics should be able to mow down undead, but on the other hand, a cleric running solo and being massively powerful otherwise doesn't make a lot of sense.

I bitch about Taliesin sucking at soloing, but I only do it because I think it's fun. Of course he sucks soloing, he's a bard. That's sort of how I feel when I hear clerics bitching. The primary responsibility of a cleric is healing, so how that translates to massively powerful killers is beyond me. The problem for admin is that effective groups need healing, so you have to make cleric attractive as a prime class.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Gnu » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:35 pm

[quote="kjartan":1nd9bag7]Also, clerics will lose animate dead when the new stuff goes in. Animate dead was put in before we had necros, and it doesn't seem appropriate for clerics now that necros are around.[/quote:1nd9bag7]

Sure, remove raise dead from cleric's spell-list, add more non-sence into this game! May be I am wrong, but necros deal with death! Death, not life! And only clerics may deal with death and life at once, that's why they can help ppl to overcome the boundary between death and life, raising them. On the other hand, necros are not able to feel the dead body with life. may be I'm wrong... who knows :)
Gnu
40 Prime Poster

Postby blackmore » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:36 pm

[quote="kjartan":1kby86rv]Also, clerics will lose animate dead when the new stuff goes in. Animate dead was put in before we had necros, and it doesn't seem appropriate for clerics now that necros are around.[/quote:1kby86rv]

Are you going to reimburse players for the drachma they spent on embalm, or will there be another purpose for it? The only reason anyone bought it was to be able to animate corpses.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Gnu » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:41 pm

Ops. sorry, you were talking about animate dead, not raise :)))
Gnu
40 Prime Poster

Next

Return to Mud Suggestions