Some spells suggestions.

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

Some spells suggestions.

Postby Alexdmage » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:47 am

Our immortals seem to be in the mood to make some changes and additions to a mud, so i decided to make some more random suggestions on spells and skills.

1. Low level mage spells Chill Touch, Burning Hands and Shocking Grasp. All this attacks are made by performing a touch, so it would be nice if at higher levels there would be a spell that will add them as a proc to unarmed attacks made by caster. It would be useful when fighting mobs that require proc weapon to be defeated or even more usefull if a caster have monk in classo. This could be made by creating a magical weapon like spiritual hammer, that allow usage of monks skills like flurry and strike. Adding Vampiric Touch as a proc would probably be an overpower tho.

2. Raise Dead. There are no abilities except Raise Dead that can be used by only one class. You was talking about increasing gropability of Ne and Dr class, then give one of them an analog of this spell! If you give it to Necro, you can make it a flawed version or Raise Dead, afflicting raised player with weaken or disease or something. (lepricosy disease looks bad
enough imho) If you give it to Druid (some kind of Regrowth) you can make it work like death pact, or just increase players hp, making it harder to raise a player with -623 hp then with -11 hp.
Alexdmage

Postby 12345 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:24 am

I'd like to see clerics (primes especially) be more useful. In particular, one of there prime abilities (blindness) is actually more useful as the mage spell acid blast. Clerics get blindness at lower levels, but can only cast it outside of battle. Also, many mobs that are noblind can be acid blinded. How about an improved blindness spell at higher levels that clerics could use to fight the extended battles they're built for? Even better, a version that could be cast while the mob is STILL blind to reset the timer?

Postby Gnu » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:46 pm

That was :)

And one more comment, Alex, collect spellbonus mode and you'll see the real power of yours.
Gnu
40 Prime Poster

Re: Some spells suggestions.

Postby Alberich » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:51 pm

[quote="Alexdmage":1iqdyeyl]
2. Raise Dead. There are no abilities except Raise Dead that can be used by only one class. You was talking about increasing gropability of Ne and Dr class, then give one of them an analog of this spell! If you give it to Necro, you can make it a flawed version or Raise Dead, afflicting raised player with weaken or disease or something. (lepricosy disease looks bad
enough imho) If you give it to Druid (some kind of Regrowth) you can make it work like death pact, or just increase players hp, making it harder to raise a player with -623 hp then with -11 hp.[/quote:1iqdyeyl]

uhm.. firewind? clerics raise, mages blast, that is what they do. give those abilities to other classes, and why have them in the first place? should alway be unique spells for classes so you have to make choices when you create a classo, otherwise why have a multi-class mud?
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Re: Some spells suggestions.

Postby 12345 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:30 pm

[quote="Alberich":a1rd7y7y]should alway be unique spells for classes so you have to make choices when you create a classo, otherwise why have a multi-class mud?[/quote:a1rd7y7y]

I agree with Alberich, but the original reason Sloth allowed you to play all four classes was because it was simple and players didn't have to make these kinds of choices. They just had to decide how long they didn't want to have them. Sloth has lost some of it's 'Slothness'...

Postby Alexdmage » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:25 pm

Ppl, I repeat, Raise Dead is the only unique spell ingame. Every other ability is available in some form to at least two classes. Necros and Bards can blast, Druids can heal, Bards can steal end etc. And about enother my suggestion, it's in some way an analog of enchant weapon but for unarmed fighters. No one says that you must make 100% rate proc.
Alexdmage

Postby 12345 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:39 pm

Unique/Semi-unique abilities:

Druids - Shapeshift
Necro - Death Pact, Darksight, Spectral Shield, Wraithform
Bards - Almost everything
Mages - Magic Rope, Reflection, Extreme blasting that works longer than 1 tick a day.
Thief - Backstab, Poisons
Warrior - Critical Hits, Frenzy, Parry
Monk - Wraithtouch, Deathgrip (kinda like backstab, oh well), Presage
Cleric - Raise Dead

What are you talking about?

Postby Alexdmage » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:28 pm

12345, I will be patient and will just answer all your examples.

Shapeshift - there is no form that allows you to have abilities that at least one class do not have.
Darksight - Infravision
Spectral Shield - Spellshield
Magic Rope - Canopied Arbour
Parry - Dodge
Crit Hit, Frenzy,Extreme Blasting will not allow you to do something others cannot, you will just do something better.
Practically all bard songs have analogs, except gods of war and prime song dance of seven luck gods. (well let's add wealth or glory here too)
Reflection... well from one side it's equivalent to spellshield, because some mobs will not blast you when you are using it, from another it's similar to counterattack but for magic.
Presage is much like one bard song, which name i forgot.
Poisons - Focus.
Wraithform... well, no analogs for wraithform, i agree.
Alexdmage

Postby Alexdmage » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:36 pm

Btw you can say that Death Pact is analog of Raise Dead, but it only allows you to raise self, and is not improving groupability of necro imho. Well, anyway it exists, so maybe there is really no need to add something else.
Alexdmage

Postby 12345 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:07 pm

I apologize, I wasn't trying to sounds offensive. However, I think many of the analogs you mentioned have some key differences. For instance, Darksight allows you to see items in the dark, instead of having to hold a light to loot. Nice ability. If a +darksight light ever comes out in the game it will near the top of my list of items to acquire and I may go so far as to request it as an Avatar item.

Some of the druid forms, such as asp, have poison. Poison is an incredibly nice ability. As a tank, I've had an asp follower who managed to get a poison and then died. His poison attack still helped me kill the mob even after he was dead. I don't believe there is an analog for this. Ferret also has some nice abilities when it comes to manuvering through small passages and mobs that hate you.

Though I will admit Focus could be considered an analog to Poison, as well some of your other examples are valid.

This was fun :)

Cl

Postby Avatar » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:15 pm

Raise dead should stay cleric only. The same day Jake talked about bards being the least-picked class he also said that clerics are the most-picked class. (Just not prime.) Cleric is a very useful class, just not very powerful when soloing.
Triple 40 Poster

Warrior skills/abilities

Postby Sapient » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:05 pm

How about something new for the warrior? I like the idea of weapon masteries. In addition, how about giving warrior a natural ability to resist magic (improved saving throws)? :twisted:
Sapient

Re: New spells

Postby Gnu » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:25 am

[quote="Anonymous":2tedra34]
I have also lobbied for an additional guild that would allow additional mastery of spells beyond 95%. In exchange for exp and coin, one could increase their spell knowledge to a supreme level or even to the point of arcane knowledge. With that knowledge, loosing concentration would not occur as often and having such superior knowledge, even the power of a spell could be increased slightly.

example would be the restore spell. Base bones, does 180 point of healing. For each percent point increase in knowledge, you could receive a +5 bonus. At 99% knowledge being that of arcane knowledge, you would receive +20 overall, making your restore spell worth 200 points.

There would have to be some kind of system put in place as to when you could increase knowledge of spells. Could be when ever you max out that class then you are allowed. As per the above example, when you reach level 40 cleric, you could begin increasing you cleric spells. We could do it as 2x40 or 3x40. Or my last thought, would be to allow additional learning at a set level above the level you learned the spell at (ie level 5 spells could be increased when you reach level 10, 30th level spell could be increased at 35). Those spells aquired above 35 could be increase once reaching avatar 1 or 3x40 etc[/quote:2tedra34]

I think you forgot to suggest 'summon grenade' spell! And 'mass grenade summon' for avatars...
Gnu
40 Prime Poster

Next

Return to Mud Suggestions