group announcing

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

group announcing

Postby cyprimus » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:29 pm

could we maybe get the fanatic to gossip in his own way about groups forming.. say 5+ ppl... he gossip something about 'omg gorka is leading a group!' or something along those lines

only when groups open
cyprimus
Double 40 Poster

Re: group announcing

Postby Gorka » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:20 am

50/50 call I think Cyp.

Some groups are just social, closed groups would be gossipped. Most groups are announced anyway, and those who are sleeping will miss the gossip, unless they replay in which case they should gwho anyway.

Most of the time these days groups actually require active recruitment, it's less likely you won't hear about it because generally leaders are looking for "useful" group members.

What if a group size keeps changing between 4-5 players with people coming and going? Gossip spam? What about all the gset leader changes in the life of a group? Regossip?

You could also program your "wake" command in your client to gwho after each regen or put it on a timer.

I think the point is, the net benefit of the feature you suggest is really neither one way or the other, and a smart player can handle this issue themselves with scripting.

Don't we have an events mailing list for a similar feature?
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Tuck » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:00 pm

i'm trying to announce most group/epics on all resources that i have: klan, telegram, etc.
Tuck
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Teron » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:17 am

The solution is to gossip work in sleep, because ppl miss group announcements at the rare times there are any.

And no, this doesn't defeat the purpose of the dream talk spell, because you need to invite ppl individually anyway, it just makes recruiting slightly easier.
Teron

Return to Mud Suggestions