An ingame, player viewable and votable ideas board.

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

An ingame, player viewable and votable ideas board.

Postby Dragoth » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:39 pm

We have these boards with note dispensers, why not turn them into something useful ?

Players post their ideas/suggestions, same as you'd post on a board.
After reading this message any other player can either sign for it or against it and total votes are tallied, posts with best yay to nay ratio get sent to immortals for review and posts with crappy player reviews get deleted.

This would introduce a democratic aspect to our gamechanging additions and reduce the ideas load on our immortals who wouldn't have to read every crappy idea submitted to them.
Dragoth
Triple 40 Poster

Re: An ingame, player viewable and votable ideas board.

Postby cyprimus » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:03 pm

I think its would be great for everyone too at least see the idea..

While i also realize the mortal votes less invested in game balance.. it would still be good to see others ideas, possibly other ppl giving input could improve upon them.

But, can also see ppl just posting them in the forums ideas section too...

still would be good for them to see it, since about all thats done on the forums is naysay..

this would allow essentially secret ballots..

not sure how you would deal with 10+ alt individuals though..
cyprimus
Double 40 Poster

Postby Dragoth » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback Cyp.

Basically, not everyone uses the forum and it just seems like a rut recently, no-one is posting anything at all and yet when i talk to people everyone has something to say about the game.
An ingame yay or nay option could be an easily quantifiable thing and they could discuss it over gossip if need be.

I know immortals can see IP of everyone and i'm sure they could attach IP address to every vote, so if they receive an idea, they'll know that voting was legit.
We could also introduce minimum level requirement for the voters, so we dont have unnecessary people voting.
Unlike the forum where our characters are hidden behind screen names and when people vote on the forum, it could be absolutely anyone voting(could be people who dont even have any characters), in game at least we can see the character name of the person voting.

I would also suggest anonymous postings, so there is no prejudice.
Dragoth
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Teron » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:11 am

You know, I've had the same idea recently: we need to collect input from the players ingame and see the status of our ideas/suggestions.

The forum is nice, but it is not a task board for immortals and we don't see any decision-makin or progress until they've done it.

My suggestion would be:
- we need a board, where players can see all the suggestions
- for each suggestion/idea, we need to see development progress: is it seen, denied, requires more info, in discussion, in development, in testing, does it need testing w/ mortals, is it live on the server?
- ideally, an idea thread would contain comments from mortals/immortals

Basically, Trello for ideas to improve the MUD that players can use from inside the MUD. Though for starters, I'd just welcome this on the website or as a Trello/other task board: seeing progress and where player feedback is needed is precious, because it increases communication between players and the immortals.
Teron

Return to Mud Suggestions