Review Tundra Entrance

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

Review Tundra Entrance

Postby Hung » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:16 am

The Tundra Area Entrance is abruptly dangerous. It starts with silver worgs, which are easy 100-200k. Then suddenly there are winter wolves and large bucks, which are 1.5m-2m. They scan, arrive, attack and hit hard. Even high levels die quickly when several winter wolves and large bucks arrive and attack at the same time. Also they loot. So if you die and corpse there, you have to ask several high levels to help with the cr.
Can this part of Tundra be reviewed?
I think the dangerous severity gap between silver worgs and winter wolves is too abrupt.
Hung
Double 40 Poster

Re: Review Tundra Entrance

Postby Marvel » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:45 pm

It's not Valkyre. That area is a well-known deathtrap, and some immortals are out for blood.

You can either move really fast or shapeshift into a ferret to move through that area.
Marvel
40 Prime Poster

Postby Marvel » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:51 pm

I'll further qualify my statement. That area isn't likely to be changed. For one thing, there are autoquests involved with it, and the mobs were made that way on purpose.

Second - just because the area "ramps" fast - isn't a reason for it to be changed. It's also not a newbie area, nor is it on Valkyre. If the mob can die, it isn't going to be reviewed in most cases. If there was an immortal mob or innkeeper mob that looted, then yes, that mob would be reviewed and changed (even if it's just to remove the looting part).

It's part of the game. Either learn the area, avoid it, or start playing differently.
Marvel
40 Prime Poster

Postby Hung » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:58 am

I like challenges and surprises. But this one breaks general unspoken rule - mobs of same species within same area have similar characteristics. What's fundamental difference between silver worgs and winter wolves, so second are so strong?
Hung
Double 40 Poster

Postby DarkArtist » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:36 am

They let the area builders use their judgement. So there's only one person who could answer that question and they aren't around. The mud is a hodgepodge of different people's content. I'm with you on your criticisms from a game design standpoint, but there's just nothing to be done about it because they don't generally alter the areas once they go in.
DarkArtist
Double 40 Poster

Return to Mud Suggestions