A new Epic

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

A new Epic

Postby Popeye » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:45 pm

Let's call him Uno

Basically, this would be an monthly, invite only, Epic as determined by the Imms.

Essentially, he would be based in one room off Godsland. A group is formed, and you get once chance to kill him, no flee, no recall, no return.

A group of 15 minimum would be required, and the reward would be 15dr. For a 20 man group, the reward would be 20dr. The mob has to be set fairly, but will obviously be able to lash out at anyone in the group occasionally.

Just an idea to encourage big groups
Popeye

Re: A new Epic

Postby *Breeze* » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:50 am

and if complete group dies/corpses?
*Breeze*

Postby Sleeping Forest » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:56 am

Invite only sounds like a less than promising idea for gathering groups. A "1 run" epic for that much drachma doesnt sound like much of a "epic" mob at all. and the payout seems way to high for such little work.
On the other hand if u want to see more epic grouping, adding 1 drachma on every respawn of epics would surely lead to more comradery.
Sleeping Forest

Postby Popeye » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Corpses would be chucked out somewhere for people to collect equip.

The idea of adding 1dm to Epics, is also a good idea, and could be done separately. JB did this a couple of weeks ago. Can be done again.

I thinking of a one time Epic, where you risk xp, but gain dm.

Imm sets difficulty based on group content/size. Minimum group 15. Mob would be passive. Imm would open portal to mob, then we get a one time chance.
Popeye

Postby Yasik » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:33 am

Popeye wrote:Corpses would be chucked out somewhere for people to collect equip.

Voice in my head whispers: transfer corpses to random rooms around the world.

PS. Can this whole idea be replaced by repeatable drachma autoquests? Just like "dayly/weekly" quests in WoW/Lineage2?
Yasik

Postby *Breeze* » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:24 am

i never agreed to super-epic. was just wondering what he thought should be done with the deads....
*Breeze*

Postby Ker » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:11 am

I like new ideas of encouraging big groups but probably not on the basis of a one time epic spawn.

Only very experienced players will agree to losing chunks of experience in return for drachma or perhaps in this case, honor. Looking back, ideas that run under this emphasis tends to result in a one sided negative backlash.

What I would suggest is to tone down some of the already available epic mobs and allow drachma rewards. We are looking at epics like Keadral, Pale Night, Miska, Tarrasque, Arcane Ooze, Umbral, Alhoon, General Oth and Omnimental.

P.S
2012 saw a lot of cool quests, interesting ideas(My favorite - Splork's quest to slay every mob on the continent within a timeframe) and many other out of routine groups/events start to mid year and to the year end. 2013 has rather been slow and dry running up as of late compared to the last. We need to do something :)

Dr
Ker
Double 40 Poster

Postby *juggleblood* » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:00 pm

This is the natural flow and ebb of mud. The summer always dries up and activity always picks up in the fall and peaks around new year.

I took Popeye up on his suggestion of loading epics with drachma because our numbers were weak that week. I watch that kind of thing. It isn't so much the drachma that draws people, but the knowledge that's there's going to be a decent group plus the personal invite on the events email list.

So anytime someone wants to put out an invite for people to join a group you plan to lead, let an imm know and they'll get it out to the events list for you.

I won't be nerfing any of the epics because the players grow into them. The power of the players grows exponentially in time. You end up with situations where two avatars are arguing over which one gets to solo a mob that's supposed to take a large group.

Activity is picking up, so who knows what will come.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Tuck » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:56 pm

You end up with situations where two avatars are arguing over which one gets to solo a mob that's supposed to take a large group.

how come? rofl

cyprimus's failed with that
Tuck
Triple 40 Poster

Return to Mud Suggestions