some new crackma eq would be nice

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

some new crackma eq would be nice

Postby Weasel » Fri May 18, 2007 2:15 am

Some new crackma eq would be nice, particularly for warriors.. most of the higher level stuff seems to be for other classos, for warriors the main items are:

walls of jericho (-1.3 +20FlailDam +3HPRegen)
serpentskin bracer (-0.4 +5FlailDam +2HPRegen)
robes of the old crusader (-0.6 +20ResistDisease Container)
titanium ring of power (-0.5 +2HPRegen)

Most tanks find flail next to useless - it isn't used when tanking in a group as it lags your whiner, and hardly ever used in solo except to maybe start a fight - and broadsword seems to be far more commonly used.

So what's left that is actually beneficial? A couple of HP regen is always welcome, but when you're looking at tanks running at around 1200hp max, 1 or 2 added regen per minute is almost nothing, seriously. So what's left now? ResistDisease? pfft, yeah right.

All that's left is, well nothing for the bracer - -0.4ac wrist eq is standard for tanks.

The additional -0.1ac on the shield is nice, but for 675 crackma that's quite a bit when chances are to wear it you'll be getting rid of your 3x40 shield (-1.2 +1dex +1con).. suddenly it doesn't seem like such a good deal after all, but given the options available... hrm.

As for the robe.. well yes, basically all you get is an extra -0.1ac for a whopping 1150 crackma, but chances are you're already wearing a -0.5ac +25spellbonus robe (which in comparison only costs 250 crackma).. that's a significant cost for -0.1ac.

The titanium ring of power.. again, -0.1ac for a whopping 1311 crackma.. and 2 HPRegen. Nice, but not cheap.

Not much of a choice imho.

As a suggestion, swap out the flaildam to weapondam - that would certainly make the items far more useful and desirable, not to mention more worth the crackma price. Failing that, well hell I don't know, go for new straight AC eq but make it worthwhile, particularly since chars can go beyond -11ac now (if there were more eq to enable it).

Would really appreciate some coders at least considering updating crackma eq. Thanks.
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Weasel » Fri May 18, 2007 2:37 am

Oh, and Trista has the boots of arcane lore (-0.4 +35hp) for 900 crackma.. for many tanks that's actually 0.1ac in the wrong direction when compared to a number of -0.5ac boots that pop ingame with additional effects like resist fire/cold or kickdam or 1HPRegen.. and next to mosaic boots, you're paying 900 crackma to add 20hp to yourself.. what can I say.. it's like shopping on 5th Ave.. if you have a hundred thousand crackma, sure, why not.. as for the rest of us living in reality... ( O)(o )
Weasel

Postby Autolycos » Fri May 18, 2007 9:39 am

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of elite thiefy eqs as well. Sure there are a lot of nice things... oh wait.. nevermind only 2-3 :shock:

A nice neck/shoulder alt for those of us who were not around for that weekly *shrug* :x

maybe even body armor alts for the odd classo thiefs etc.
Autolycos

Postby 13 » Fri May 18, 2007 9:58 am

most of the drachma eq is junk

i created boots or arcane lore as real quest eq and they were .4 +1wiz +1dmg
I dont know what this gay 35hp shit is about

if there is gonna be monk damage in there, there needs to be real damage in there for thieves or whomever else.
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..

Postby *juggleblood* » Fri May 18, 2007 10:19 am

I think this is the first rant thread since the pthief issue. It's gotta be a new record.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby *Krom* » Fri May 18, 2007 10:23 am

I have been reviewing the drachma eq for a while, and the cost of the items vs. what they give over ingame eq at the level you could afford the item with drachma is not very consistant. I had decided to adjust some items a while back, but then got hung up on how much drachma could be obtained ingame through autoquests as a proportion to how much you should be able to afford.

I think we need to adjust existing items a bit before adding new ones. I brought this up a with the admin group a while back, I just have not yet put together a proposal list of what changes to make and what items to add.

What would be helpful for me to do this is maybe get a summary of how much drachma a under 40 should be able to get, a 1x40, 2x40, and so on, and how much that is easy, hard, to very hard. I know what I think these numbers are based on playing, but I would like to see some other opinions.

Generally speaking, 125 drachma range should get you something that is a slight improvement over a good piece of ingame eq. This could be some hp or some mana or some moves, or some regen in each of those areas. It could also include something with lower restricts than ingame eq, but be basically equivalent. So if you say the base cost of the "base" item that could normally be obtained by an under 40 is 100 (but something like 500 for avatar obtained item like a thunderbolt) , there should be a defined cost after that for what each attribute (UC, stab dam, wp dam, dmg reduction, shiftable, mana, mr, etc...) is worth after that point. This makes for more consistant pricing and a wider range of useful items.

I'll work on it again,
Krom
*Krom*
40 Prime Poster

Postby Autolycos » Fri May 18, 2007 11:06 am

fantastic! 8)
Autolycos

Postby Leaf » Fri May 18, 2007 11:59 am

Thats sweet Krom.

Even though I usually run up about 350 drachma, cause I R NEWBIE, and
because I don't have time to Mud like I use too. Seeing some new prices
would be nice.
Leaf

Postby Weasel » Sat May 19, 2007 4:35 am

Cheers, much appreciated :)
Weasel

Postby Mosaix » Sat May 19, 2007 10:09 am

I appreciate you looking into this Krom.

Some items are far overpriced, and others like the ring of goodness at 125dr, are priced ok, if a player wants to bypass building flaming serpent rings.

Since it is nearly impossible for clerics, mages, necros, and druids to get handed out quest eq during a run quest, please consider adding prime related quest eq to the shops so those who cant get quest eq during a normall quest, can save up drachma from quests, do autos and still attain good quest eq.

In general Id love to see other types of healbonus eq.

The mud as a whole lacks good mana boots. There is next to no quest eq for mana foot wear(do an eq search for fun). Perhaps 10ma 5heal +3hit, or 10ma 1ma regen, or something like that.

Mosaix
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Postby brady » Sat May 19, 2007 10:35 am

[quote="Mosaix":2rv379c7]The mud as a whole lacks good mana boots. There is next to no quest eq for mana foot wear(do an eq search for fun). Perhaps 10ma 5heal +3hit, or 10ma 1ma regen, or something like that.
Mosaix[/quote:2rv379c7]

or spell bonus...he's so selfish.
brady
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Mosaix » Sat May 19, 2007 1:03 pm

Hey of course spell bonus :) make up a suggestion for mages then :)

brady boots +10ma +70spelldam +1ma regen :)
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Autolycos » Sat May 19, 2007 1:26 pm

[quote="Mosaix":2gpech1k]brady boots +10ma +70spelldam +1ma regen :)[/quote:2gpech1k]

actually... brady would have a spelldam shield,
embossed with the mug shot of Rosa Parks :twisted:
Autolycos

Postby 13 » Sat May 19, 2007 1:38 pm

Good to hear Krom. I'm pretty sure you can get around 300dr at level 10 and probably another 100 at 20prime. I haven't calculated any further than that specifically but you might talk to Lis or Truth, they have a pretty good knowledge of autos and ingame drachma.
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..

Postby Mosaix » Sat May 19, 2007 2:06 pm

getting a level 20 to 300-400 drachma might be possible id have to go through my notes.

However the work to get that done would be quite unrealistic. You would be reaching the extreme maximum at 3-400. Some of the autos to get you there would take a lot of time and group effort. Possible yes, but maybe the number of people to do it could be counted on one hand.

Id say for a level 20 150-200 would be a type of average most might take time to attain.

After level 20 there are lots of autos including lyme that make is possible to reach just over 1000 with average to above average effort for the normal player. Now if you mud 24/7 and have complete knowledge of the autos im sure its possible for a lot more when you have the time to stalk and hunt down autos all the time.

Mosaix
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Next

Return to Mud Suggestions