Purloin Aura

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

Purloin Aura

Postby Medios » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:52 pm

Since the mob level vs steal has been implemented purloin aura is hindered alot. The was very cool before, but now failing so often and then not being able to put items away or get into vaults or do anything for hours makes it not worth the time. Why get boarded for stealing spells and why make it so difficult to use. Can someone check this out.

Mike
Fight the Good Fight!

~[DoW]~
Medios

Postby Mace » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:42 pm

In my testing with Mace the decrease in success rate also looked overly harsh at the higher levels, given that it is an avatar skill and higher level mobs are usually involved.
Perhaps purloining from a group member could skip the outlaw business or something.
Mace
40 Prime Poster

Postby *Splork* » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:54 pm

I remember saying when we added the ability to imbue more than 1 spell that if it was consistantly abused we would have to react. Thiefs were running around and stealing 10+ of the same spell within minutes. We never intended for this.

Ill remove the level checks and only allow 1 spell of each to be stolen(like it was originally) or leave the level checks in...

Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Medios » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:19 pm

I never understood the imbues from it. I dont see the problem with only being able to steal it once.

Mike
Fight the Good Fight!

~[DoW]~
Medios

Postby Krok » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:31 pm

Can we leave at least 1 imbue? :(
From Russia with love.
Krok
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Krok » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:33 pm

or, or (sorry, i can't edit) let us steal from groupmates with the better chances with a couple of available imbues if you gonna cut down the amount of spells available to steal?
From Russia with love.
Krok
Triple 40 Poster

Return to Mud Suggestions