Silly thief...

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

Silly thief...

Postby 12345 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:31 pm

I was kicking around some unrelated ideas and a few random thoughts wandered through my head. Given the present state of things, they might be cool. Anyway, some thief skill ideas...

Basically, these are the opposite of the resist spells.

Alcohol bath: Would give alcohol an actual use in the game besides talking funny. May or may not use the entire container... Requires some alcohol to work, the more drunk it makes you, the more it weakens enemy saves to fire magic. So, beer might not help at all, but a little whiskey could weaken saves against fire magic. Let mages light em up more often without 1/2 damage.

Water bath: Requires a canteen to work, uses the entire contents of the container to work. The more water used, the more vulnerable they are to lightning and cold damage. A canteen will only raise their saves a little bit, a water barrel raise them a bit more. Interesting side effect could be to grease the room if there's enough water and a frostbolt.

I didn't think of anything for acids but acid has an effect of it's own. Colors and disints? No ideas. Oh well.

I can't really picture this working well on stab/blast mobs... unless there's a second non-stabbing, non-blasting thief in the group. Also, if you raise fire magic on a mob that casts fire magic... it might backfire on the group. Would give mages a boost on ether mobs like the eternal flame or flamewraith, or on mobs like Paraclesus that hit like a train no matter how much you debuff them. Would also give thieves something useful to do in a group after stabbing besides drain their moves with circle.... at least for a round.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Rajil » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:46 pm

... waits for 12345 to come up with ideas for new monk skills ...
... waits ...
... waits ...
... zzzzz ...
:P
Rajil
40 Prime Poster

Postby 12345 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:48 pm

You could be waiting a while. First you'd have to convince me there's something wrong with them :wink:

Postby Autolycos » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:19 pm

sounds nifty, i always wished there was a more amusing use for throw other then pies at Bit, or tossing daggers/hammers at Stumpy.

I wish thieves could brew an explosive style poison, and be able to throw it at a mob in the next room. The effect of blind or poison could really make for a good time on trying to blind a mob in a nocast room, or just to give some extra special fun for the caster types also.

Autolycos throws a Molotov cocktail to the east.

A Molotov cocktail hits a Chinchilla Guardian and explodes with a bright flash.

A Chinchilla Guardian yells 'Ohhh... its hot!'

Autolycos leaps from the shadows and attacks!

A Chinchilla Guardian says 'I was surprised, were you surprised?'

A Chinchilla Guardian says 'I feel like i'm in a cheesy B movie'
Autolycos
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby 12345 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:26 pm

Nice idea Auto... I think it would be great to watch you jump into a flaming room with lots of alcohol strapped to your body. :twisted:

Postby Autolycos » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:34 pm

sure, i ain't skurred! :twisted: besides I have tons of Rfire eq *cackle* :twisted:
Autolycos
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Return to Mud Suggestions