MXP Stuffs

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

MXP Stuffs

Postby 12345 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:59 am

I know Splork's been having a blast with MXP, and most the changes he's been making are pretty cool. However, on the topic of MXP, I have the following suggestion:

It would be nice if anything available in the prompt was an MXP option. ie. We can have both a configurable prompt and configurable MXP.

Reason I suggest this, there are lots and lots of things I'd like to program my client to keep track of for me that I don't really want to see in my prompt. ie. Dawnfire is pretty cool, but I don't want weather and time info in my prompt...

An option that would competely rock (but I dont' know how to do) would be to add spell data to MXP (Ok, I have an idea how). I've seen the cool little status bars that some players have in their clients and I think they're great. I've even heard tell of people who have status bars with buttons that let them quickly recast spells and think that's even better....

Would be a very helpful thing to add to the newbie section though.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby *Splork* » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:25 am

I'm working on the prompt stuff...

However, the spell data is something different. I am trying not to add anything that regular players can not see. This prevents me from adding stuff like CurrentCharisma, CurrentUC, etc. We also do not want to add anything which compromises the usefullness of certain spells or skills(such as spellcraft). Its a very tough line to walk, because I can honestly add just about anything. Also, the spell windows are easily(yeah right) created already without MXP... Here is a screenshot Annie's and my wintin.NET which none of it requires the use of MXP-although it would be alot easier with MXP variables.
http://wintin.org/Portals/0/screen10.JPG

I could even create a custom sloth client setup with health bars, spell windows, etc. But I think that simply gives too much of an advantage at this time to mxp users, thats why I am shying away from these types of things--atm anyways. What do you guys think?(not sure why I am asking this-I never do:-)

Right now, the vast majority of us are using wintin.NET with Zmud a distant second. My guess is, almost 75%+ of our players are using MXP while an even higher % use MCCP(more clients offer this and their is an MCCP proxy). If the numbers for MXP users continue to increase, I will most likely add some more fancy MXP options...

Enjoy,
Splork
Last edited by *Splork* on Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Autolycos » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:47 am

whilst your playing around in there, any way of having # of warcries on the (finger stats) area?
Autolycos
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby 12345 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:46 pm

Yeah, I know you are generally adverse to giving us any info that we couldn't get on our own, which is why I initially suggested the prompt stuff.

However, anything that you can see in score fits that category as well. Such as spell affects which I believe have been lowered to be visible at level 1. I'm not sure how many endless toggles it's possible to have, but if it's possible to see it using 'spell affects' it's a good candidate for a MXP variable.

Actually, I say toggle, but it might be just as worthwhile (and easier) to include them all. Just seems like a waste of bandwidth and space to physically include all the available options. Especially when you're level 10 and have no real possibility of using most of them.

Ones that come rapidly to mind: Sanc, Aegis, Armor/Skins, Webbed, Bound, Invis and Detects.

Major advantage provided is mostly being able to tell which spells you've lost when you're dispelled, when (for Ditheca) thorns fall, when you're webbed/bound and spells lost through renting/corpsing.

All this can be scripted normally using existing techniques in clients except dispel really, which is especially important in annoying places like Aaost. Thank the gods for spell shield, eh?

Postby Autolycos » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:26 pm

can we toggle off/on 12345?

thats a good option to have... i tried gag, but it just makes so many blank lines scrolling.. :twisted:
Autolycos

Postby 12345 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:47 pm

You want to get me off?

Postby Autolycos » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:04 pm

wow... i thought my mind was perverted... yours is just phuggin nashty! :shock:
Autolycos

Postby 12345 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:35 am

*laughs*

I thought you'd like that :wink: