Bard song and success/failure messages?

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

Bard song and success/failure messages?

Postby Tetsulunathaya » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:20 am

I know I mentioned this over a year ago before my long break, and have been told that its supposedly been changed, but I haven't seen any results.

Regarding bard songs, it would be nice to have some sort of success/failure messages on several of the song that don't have them now.

Sanctuary for the Soul never seems to work for me, even against the smallest spellcasting mobs (whether in combat or not in combat after a dispel). Perhaps it could have a success message works on them, and a 'Doesn't do anything' message when it cannot affect the mob, much like silence seems to have?

Likewise, the only way you know whether sacred reprieve works or doesn't work is when the mob starts beating on you, etc.

Most spells give you the benifits of the spell when cast, instead of having to wait several (sometimes crucial!) rounds to see whether the bard song works or not.

I think this would greatly increase the use of many of the songs I've never/hardly ever see used. People want to know they are actually getting results, instead of guessing or hoping.

If something has been changed, and I've just yet to see it work, please let me know. (But I am a Prime 40 Bard with Maxxed Charisma, so it should work on something, right?)
Tetsulunathaya
40 Prime Poster

Return to Mud Suggestions