add alignment rating to prompt

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

add alignment rating to prompt

Postby Weasel » Tue May 24, 2005 4:42 pm

If we are stuck with the alignment bollox and nothing is going to be done about being able to use grace when evil (which is probably what will be the case based on history), can someone please add alignment to be able to be used as part of the prompt? (refer help prompt) ..the alignment messages themselves are a bit too long to use, so perhaps use a rating from 1 to 10 (or however many levels there are from max evil to max good). The reason is so I can write scripts so if, for example, I cast grace on myself, my script will look at my alignment rating and if I'm too evil it will send to the mud 'cast bless' instead of 'cast grace', and that way I don't lose mana for casting grace, and I don't get extra lag while I have to then cast bless instead after a failed cast of grace.

Any thoughts about gracefeast as well? or is that also nerfed thanks to the new alignment scale.
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby kjartan » Tue May 24, 2005 5:00 pm

Yeah, ok. It's $A, it's going to be scaled to -10 to +10, and it's incor.
kjartan
Creator

Postby Weasel » Tue May 24, 2005 5:06 pm

Weasel

Postby Weasel » Wed May 25, 2005 9:12 pm

hmm.. kinda not right... I finally got my alignment rating up from -10 to -3 and still grace would not cast, and my score message was "You are a bad example to the children."
About 10 minutes later I was able to cast grace successfully.. while still at a -3 rating.. (I have it in my prompt line). The message on score was 'You are tainted with evil.' although the rating had not changed, and the level of eveilness between grace working and grace not working cut off somewhere here...
Not really working the way it should.... the idea is that there should be a definite line, rather than 3.5 or whatever it may be (unless you want to add a decimal place to the alignment rating).. could grace be fixed to cut off at a definitive rating please? like -4 ..or better yet, -10. :)
Weasel

Postby Weasel » Wed May 25, 2005 9:16 pm

...or else instead of rating being -10 to +10 (20 possible ratings in total), just make it the same total as there are alignment messages (I dunno how many exactly there are.. about 8? 10?), as it seems grace works off the alignment message, not the rating.. which defeats the purpose of having the rating in the first place...
Weasel

Return to Mud Suggestions