Some CLERIC skill ideas

Please post your ideas to improve our mud.

Postby Leaf » Thu May 12, 2005 11:17 am

They also have Dark Mace = 3d5 +1 +1 +1mr and goes thru sanc.

And Aerial Servant :) Which is kinda weak, but does take off a round.
Leaf

Postby Gnu » Thu May 12, 2005 12:19 pm

[quote="Leaf":4xepp623]I have no clue what the heck Gnu is talking about down there...

12345 was talking about other classes getting better spells at higher lvl, but u changed it and put "Mage"... Which is this issue, because mages don't get more "bonus" at 2x40 or even 3x40.[/quote:4xepp623]

Let me explain, "what the heck Gnu is talking about down there..." (c) Leaf

One of the best features of Sloth MUD is that it allows use to use multy-classes. There exist 1680 different combinations of 8 classes in 4 positions, and it looks like a great variety for me. The classo you choose is based on what style of mudding you prefer. Your power is not determined by your prime class only, it’s determined by all 4 classes you pick. The list of spells that you may use is very important, but it is not the only factor which determines your power. Eq, that one can use (prime eq too), stat-ordering, CAPs of spells, Caps of spelldam, healing_bonus, Charisma, undad_control, etc. Finally, how can you interact in groups of different size.

You think that mages have too little spells? Pick necromancer, druid… become 4xCaster and be happy with all your spells, with increasing of your power at 1x40, 2x40, etc. levels.

I’m playing Ba Cl Ma Ne. What did I get as prime bard… rather high cap for charisma, which makes my CRY the most (or the 2nd most) powerful magic attack with special EQ, I have one prime song - Dance of the 7 (to learn it I must forge 2 songbooks, to do this I need 14 cps and 2 mlns coins)… And one prime skill – play (looks like this skill is prime because most instruments are prime_bard restricted), my gods of war provide extra +DAM. These are evident bonuses which are listed in “spell bard” list, and in score stats. And I do not get extra power on 2x40, 3x40, 4x40 as a bard etc. Suxxx?! NO! There are many hidden powers, that are based on other classes. Combination Bard+Necros gives me an ability to use CRY OF AVATARS in cases when it’s impossible to do w/o wraithform, the same combination allows me to chop some BIG mobs with the help of my undeads… and in this case I use ‘gods of war’ which obtains its solo-power only due to followers which I can summon as a Necromancer, moreover, combination Ba+Cl+Ne saves my mana since I do not waste it on restoring and resigning, when daemon (peri) heals me. These are just some examples when my bardish abilities become more powerful because of skills/spells my other classes have.

Mages? Hm… too low cool spells and bonuses? Pick Ma Mo Cl Ne, with 90 spellam, mirrors, pressage, counterattack, darkness, peri, wraithform you will be able to use something like mage-style, which was an extremely powerful ability, in many (some) cases. Pick Ma Dr Cl Ne and the same story due to high manaregen and tons of mana. These are the first things that come into my mind. And the simplest way to find out if mages are not cool enough is to answer the question “Do you want to replace Mage in your classo with other class?” Do you?

BTW! I do not vote against new staff for mages. I want it! I’ll be happy to stop dreaming about replacing mage with monk in my classo.
Gnu
40 Prime Poster

Postby 12345 » Thu May 12, 2005 12:57 pm

[quote="Gnu":2yy9fey4]“Do you want to replace Mage in your classo with other class?” Do you?[/quote:2yy9fey4]
Great question, and it has different answers depending on your play style, just like everything else. The simple answer? I think it's been overshadowed by other classes and abilities. I have already created a character without mage in classo, and with the exception of a few ether mobs... it's not that big a loss. Cry of the Avatars doesn't do as much damage as wind, but it's a LOT harder to save, so it's easily comparable, if more expensive, and it works on fireproof mobs. A warrior/monk with triple attack, flurry and strike can easily do about 140+ damage a round at the price of a little lag and not have to watch their mana to see how many more attacks they can make before they're completely worthless in battle.

For a thief... a thief/mage is really hard to turn down, expecially knowing that with thief prime all your regen factors are going to suffer. For a quad caster, mage contributes greatly toward mana totals and mem will let you add a little more to an already endless supply of mana.

Play style is everything, but I think the 2x40 and 3x40 bonuses add factors to the other classes that force you to rethink where they go in the classo. ie. How many wished they could move cleric from 4th to 3rd with the advent of the eudeamon? Putting cleric fourth is a decrease in power that can't be made up just by getting cleric to level 40, unlike winds, which are just as strong at level 40 tert or quad.

I think all your points are valid, don't get me wrong, however, I think mages are actually lacking in the raw power category at the moment. By the same token, if mages are lacking in power, it's difficult to bump them up without encroaching on thieves, which leads me to think that they need a power boost as well. Classes like Monk and Warrior can be boosted defensively, which makes it possible to level the field without unbalancing the offensive power of the classes again.

Bards should probably be considered in there as well... but I won't pretend to know how they work :)

Oh well... back to work.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Leaf » Thu May 12, 2005 1:27 pm

Looks like I got Gnu upset :P

I wasn't saying Mages are completely weak or usuless. What I was saying
is that there are 4 caster classes out there.
Clerics = Dark Mace, Ariel Servant, and Supplicaiton.
Necro = Death Pack (SUCKS), JuJu, Summon Undeads.
Druid = Thorns, Canopied Arbor, and Shape.
Mage = Mirrors, Reflect, .... thats about it.

These are mostly PRIME ability. Clerics can get better supps, Necros have
a JuJu thats stronger per his lvl AND his Summons also gets stronger.
Druids just have Shapes, but their shapes gets stronger on certain lvl. Also
Druid Prime don't have -% druid was placed 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.
Mages ... they get hum... nothing again!

That was my point Gnu, every caster has something better when they lvl
up. However Mages don't.
Leaf

Postby 12345 » Thu May 12, 2005 2:27 pm

[quote="Leaf":1zpcy9bp]Clerics = Dark Mace, Ariel Servant, and Supplicaiton.
Necro = Death Pack (SUCKS), JuJu, Summon Undeads.
Druid = Thorns, Canopied Arbor, and Shape.
Mage = Mirrors, Reflect, .... thats about it.[/quote:1zpcy9bp]
Actually, I think you left off mem. However, of supplicants, summons, shifts and mems, only mem doesn't get stronger as you level and costs you money to rent (mythic form item possible exception).

Postby brand » Thu May 12, 2005 4:25 pm

now i'm trying to remember, wasn't it mostly mages who won the tourny last year... oh yeah it was...

sounds to me like we all might have to finish this in the ARENA (with fantastic prizes on the line!)

:twisted: :!:
brand
Triple 40 Poster

Mages still win

Postby Avatar » Thu May 12, 2005 4:52 pm

Good point Brand. Mages are probably too powerful. If you want fun, use 'grease', if you want power don't be complaining about mages...firewind is it. (especially with +90 spellbonus)
Triple 40 Poster

Postby brand » Thu May 12, 2005 7:02 pm

[quote="Leaf":1r4ipcpm]They also have Dark Mace = 3d5 +1 +1 +1mr and goes thru sanc.
[/quote:1r4ipcpm]

and just for those non prime clerics out there who have never seen this...

Object 'mace dark', Item type: WEAPON
Item is: HUM MAGIC SANCBUSTER
Weight: 5, Value: 0, Worn in: TAKE WIELD
Damage Dice is '3D6'
Can affect you as:
Affects: REGEN_MANA by 2
Affects: HITROLL by 2
Only those who are primary experienced clerics may use this item.

sometimes i swear it gets better every single time I i.d. it.
now that's an elite weapon

brand :twisted: :!:
brand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Leaf » Thu May 12, 2005 7:15 pm

I always said Cler/War is a PIMP class order. Now with all the new classes
a Cler/War/Necr/Mage would also be pretty PIMP ... Now that I think of it.
Hum... Once I get my Necro to 3x40 I'll start ANOTHER char ....
Leaf

Postby 12345 » Fri May 13, 2005 6:43 am

[quote="brand":3ukx2ne3]now i'm trying to remember, wasn't it mostly mages who won the tourny last year... oh yeah it was...[/quote:3ukx2ne3]
Yep, in quick damage, I would hope the mages come out ahead... Strange the thieves didn't finish better actually.

I'm not complaining about firewind, it's a great skill, just noticing that some of the other power boosts lately have reduced the power advantage firewind had. I'll be just as happy either way.

Postby 12345 » Fri May 13, 2005 8:24 am

[quote="brand":1ji1ostu]Object 'mace dark', Item type: WEAPON
Item is: HUM MAGIC SANCBUSTER
Weight: 5, Value: 0, Worn in: TAKE WIELD
Damage Dice is '3D6'
Can affect you as:
Affects: REGEN_MANA by 2
Affects: HITROLL by 2
Only those who are primary experienced clerics may use this item.[/quote:1ji1ostu]
Is this the same weapon with:
You hear the loud crunch of bones breaking!
Your weapon shudders in your hands!

It's quite nice indeed :)

Postby Leaf » Fri May 13, 2005 10:25 am

I like the fact this item is a "SANCBUSTER".
I think it's funny as all hell, are there any other "SANCBUSTER" weapons
in-game???
Leaf

Previous

Return to Mud Suggestions