Newbatia

Locations where hex/tri tokens load.

Newbatia

Postby Willem » Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:04 pm

Just the other night an Elderly man gave me -2- Tritokens. :D
Dunno if it's normal, but it seems to be a good start on getting them.
Willem

Postby Alberich » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:51 am

tiny shadows in playground
lady/harpy in autumnal
pretty much anything in daar
gargoyles in star city
jugglers in circus

all good tri mobs - have fun
Alberich

elderly men tokens

Postby lucian » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:51 am

I spent a long time today killing elderly men in newbatia for tokens. After killing about 200 of them, i've found two, i wouldn't suggest killing them for tri tokens, trust me
lucian

Postby achazia » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:27 am

Hi!

I got a hold of 3 tokens yesterday. Two of them from Kobolds in the school and 1 from an elderly man.

But I also tried in Daar Tempest. Killed about 40 mobs there but nothing?

Can tokens come from ANY mob? Or are there certain mobs carrying them?

Then I used my 3 tokens....and got worse stats than before :roll:

/Achazia
achazia

Postby Taki » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:11 am

After the worth of 3 levels kills, from 8 to 11, looking for a tri to change my stats, I finally got one from a janitor in Newbatia.

So either he popped it or he got it from the ground (they actually pick up stuff, but I doubt a tri would have layed on the ground untouched for long...)

This makes me think that tri tokens are just random. (had 2 before it - 1 from a kobold and 1 from a gust of wind, but this doesn't mean anything, since those were the only mobs i was hitting)
Taki
40 Prime Poster

Postby Taki » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:25 am

P.S.

:idea: regarding the Kobolds: they give many tokens because they are killed constantly and respawn, as mobs, quite fast. I counted 8 of them (kobolds/goblins), they don't roam, and from level 5 up they are almost always killed in 1-2 rounds. So a cycle of 8 is doable in 30 secs - 1 min depending on your connection. If you add to this that they sit on top of a recall/enter point, you can just figure how many times a day each poor kobold is killed. :idea:

I wouldn't say kobolds give more tokens than other mobs, but -for sure- they are the easiest kill.
Taki
40 Prime Poster

Postby 12345 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:26 am

All low level mobs have a chance of popping a tri tokens, so being able to wipe out areas is often helpful when looking for tokens. ie. Clearing daar tempest can pop quite a few if you cycle it repeatedly. Alberich's post mentions some good mobs, though the gargoyles in star city are huge and ether.

For your level (Monk 11) on Valk, Blaster's temple is kinda crowded these days, but they pop at a decent rate. Also, the smaller mobs in the mystical fens (turtles, forest elementals, etc). I've also heard that the goblins and kobolds in the newbie school have a decent rate, but haven't tried it myself yet.

Happy hunting.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Token forge on Valk

Postby Dedsune » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:44 am

The Grandmaster Thug, in a rare mischannel, accidentally gossip'd something of interest, perhaps meant for his thugs to hear. Some valk folks invited themselves into his hideout, dropping in on him just as he finished writing a note. Having relieved him of his duties as grandmaster and scribe, the trio of valkers read the note...

"I have mastered a way to create a token of one time use in changing the strengths
and weaknesses of mortal people. Although the ingredients are available, but not
readily, a magical token can still be forged with the right supplies and a little gold.
Those seeking to make such a token should seek out a wise wizard who lives somewhere
within lands of a floating continent. Bring with you the following items, an amulet
of magical charge, two each of eggs from this well known sea bird, one spellbook that
is found spinning, and one that is found twirling, a small amount of mana in the form
of flux, and lastly, a copy of this note. Ask the wizard to forge a token
and it shall be done!"

...It was later discovered that two of the required components were of a personal nature; and, while this forge is mildly susceptible to explosion, it is also no easier to forge than it is to obtain the resluting item in the usual old-fashioned way. The end result does, however, make for a worthwhile diversion from your typical cycling.

Thanks for the new forge!
Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I wanted...Or I'm still alive, and there's nothing I want to do.
Dedsune

50 tokens in a week

Postby ligeia » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:26 pm

This run worked well for me.

1.I started in town - kill the elderly men in the NE corner of town sometimes they pop an oct.
2. kill the elderly man 2s of n.gate.
3. Kill all the female citizens - i can't tell which one of them regularly pops
4. The lady 2sw of Northgate pops a tri occasionally
Then,
The kobold in the SE corner of school - i never popped anything off the other mobs.
Then,
After the school run to Newbatia Downside
1. the invisible dwarf regularly popped tris
2. The weather witch occasionally did
3. The elf under the mage guild occasionally popped
After Downside move to the chessboard
1. White king regularly popped
2. Raging moose regularly popped
3. Black king regularly popped
After Chess board move to Tiger Glen
1. The first purple butterfly regularly popped
2. The tiger next to the thicket in the NW corner reguarly pops
3. The hermit sometimes pops
Recall
Go to Daar tempest
It seems completely random, but usually i'd pop 2 tokens killing everything in daar.

By this time, the elderly men repopped and i started over. I'm sure you could reorganize the run to correlate to what order the areas repop.
anyway i gathered about 50 tokens in 5 days.

not that this helped my stats or anything.
ligeia

Return to Token Mobs