Merc Woods Key

Use this forum for general discussions

Merc Woods Key

Postby Gorka » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:41 am

I junked my emerald dragon's eye the other day which is the key to Merc Woods because the key has "orb" in the name. I sorted it out with the help of the imms... but would like to suggest that perhaps the key should be made personal so it can be protected from junking due to the personal flag. It is an AQ item anyway... Idjit suggested that changing the name might interfere with people's scripts which is a fair point. Setting the personal flag however shouldn't.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Re: Merc Woods Key

Postby cnl » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:29 pm

Having it be personal would interfere with my ability to easily switch it between chars - I don't want reduced functionality because of accidents.

I'm not sure how iprotect works, perhaps it could be flagged a gem or protected type.

personally, I have a container, on my inventory for weird keys, with a clasp to protect it. and use them with aliases and triggers that put them away automatically.

ultimately, use of junk is on players I think. I have autojunk but it's 2 step process to setup.
see https://imgur.com/Ep7Izxa

if an item has overly short number of handles that should be fixed.
speaking of which - can we add the keyword plain to teleport green potions. please :)
cnl
40 Prime Poster

Postby Gorka » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:04 am

Not sure it would make a difference if the key was personal, as I believe it's a trig trap and the item isn't worn usually. There are lots of places on the mud where personal flag isn't checked.

I also think putting "orb" in a key called "emerald dragon's eye" wasn't a great idea.

Furthermore if an alternative char is doing a rescue or is the only one with a personal key, they could use a portal to re-enter.

In any case, not really the biggest issue on the mud. Just thought flipping the personal flag could stop potential reimbursements... especially with the items with orb actually in the name that need junking. On EU especially.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby cnl » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:16 pm

The scenario I was thinking of was clan vaults and personal vaults.

We have spare emergency keys in a clan vault to gated areas and if the item was personal I would not be able to withdraw it if it was not my char. Admittedly, this is a theoretical problem atm since we don't currently have a spare emerald dragon eye in there that I'm aware of - but I did make a 2nd one on Fuli for keeping in my personal vault with the thought it could be backup to all my chars. Sure, I could work around vault personal protections by logging on appropriate char to withdraw it, dropping on floor etc, but not necessarily something I want to be messing with while all my eq is lying in a corpse somewhere.

BTW, you can actually clasp the eye itself if you want some added protection

Code: Select all
You are carrying:
an emerald dragon's eye (with a tiny duck charm attached to it)
cnl
40 Prime Poster

Postby Gorka » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:29 am

I know not withdrawing someone else's personal items from a vault might be considered a "Clan Feature." For me it's just annoying, and wish I didn't have to deal with it amongst my chars. There are other limitations on vaults that also annoy the hell out of me. I love the 100 item vault space... but honestly, they could be improved so much. Sorting items would be extremely useful, by name or perhaps by type or area, or all. The ability to store charms... more room options. Even not being able to vault spellbooks... I mean people just make storage characters to get around it. No vaults on EU either. Anyway... I'll stop...
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Return to General Chat (Registered)