A Sudden Loss

Use this forum for general discussions

Re: A Sudden Loss

Postby Padme » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:01 pm

Here's another shout out to Zeke. I cannot thank you enough for being there for the first week of
Roga's death. You helped me through possible legal issues and listened to my frustration, my thoughts,
my feelings, and just plain craziness while I have tried to navigate through all this. You had been able
to fill the void, while I awaited my much needed childhood best friend, and my words cannot express how
thankful I am for that. Just your "Good morning" or your "Good night" was enough to lift my spirits, and
I looked forward to texting or talking to you every time. Thank you so much for this. I can never
express enough gratitude. Thank you so much, Zeke, for everything.

Padme
Padme

Postby Crik » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:50 pm

I was told recently of Roga's passing and just wanted to add a few words for him too.

Thank you Padme for telling the story, my condolences for your loss, stay strong.

I've not played Sloth for long but in the short time I did Roga taught me a lot. Always happy to answer my newbie questions on how to play warrior, always willing to help. You could very easily tell how nice of a guy he was, fun and funny too. I remember it was always a joy to have him in the same chat.

Thank you Roga for the good memories you left behind.
Crik

Postby Padme » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:27 pm

Thank you, Crik, for posting. My children and I appreciate it a lot. So, thank you very much.

Padme
Padme

Postby Belrath » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:48 pm

Hey Padme

I remember having a bad day IRL, and I went into sloth anyways.
I can't remember how I got into talking to Roga, but somehow we did,
and I told him about the bad day, not straight, but he noticed it.

He talked me awhile, and made my mind go good, my next day was good,
next day was good, next day was good...

If you're a good person and your heart is pure,
and you want to give that joy for other persons,
be like Roga.

There's no words how sorry I am for your loss, Padme,
and your family, My condolenses.

Let my good shining thoughts be a light in your dark time.

--Belrath--
Belrath

Postby Padme » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:39 pm

Oh Belrath,
Thank you so much for your response. Roga thought of you fondly all the time. An area that he hung out a lot in was the Pirates area in BH - the area that you yourself showed to Roga. In the beginning, he would check to see if you were on, because if you were, he didn't want to go into that Pirate area. He was like, "That's Belrath's area." But if you weren't on, you could find him there often. At first, he couldn't kill very many pirates in one run, or he needed my help. But you should have seen him that day when he could kill all the pirates in one run! "I'm finally as strong as Belrath!" is what he had said.
So, Belrath? You meant a lot to Roga too. He enjoyed grouping with you. And he especially enjoyed when you took us to a "secret" area or showed us a "secret" technique in order to kill certain mobs. He felt so incredibly happy that you had included him in these secrets. So, I thank you, Belrath, for being there for Roga and for making his Sloth experience that much more enjoyable and memorable. Thanks again, Belrath!
Padme
Padme

Postby Padme » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:48 am

We received [Roga's] ashes on Tuesday, August 25, 2020, and on Saturday, August 29, 2020, we drove to the
Deer Haven campsites at Eisenhower State Park in Dennison, Texas. There, we ate Muffalettas from Jason's
Deli; the sandwich [Roga] had been wanting to eat during the last three weeks before he died but had not.
We watched the sunset and saw the beautiful pink colors in the clouds. And then, we watched as the stars
started appearing in the sky. When there were more stars than my sister could count, my sister brought
out [Roga's] remains. When asked who was going to spread [Roga's] ashes, our fourteen year old son said,
"I'll do it." Then, our son along with our two daughters walked toward the woods. And there, under the
stars, in the woods, near a cliff overlooking Lake Texoma is the final resting place of my husband, my
children's father, and your friend: [Roga].
Padme

Postby Padme » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:21 am

The medical examiner has finally finished Roga's autopsy report.
What slew the mighty warrior Roga: hypertension and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease
Padme

Postby *Idjit* » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:52 pm

Padme and I have begun talking a little about a statue or memorial for Roga and that she was basically okay with the idea. I am looking to gather text captures from groups he was in where he had his chop message scripts and some other things. Some have heard of my idea that we would have something a little more interactive than a statue, a mob of him that is practicing chopping with a chop weapon. One possible location is Lyme Volcano (perhaps fairly close to Tyroch). Gorka do you have some logs of his custom chop messages?

Anyway so the ball is finally rolling. I just wanted to give people some time to reflect.
--Idj
*Idjit*
Double 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:05 am

Roga says 'HEAD CHOP! JUST GIMME THE PRIZE!'
Roga says 'What's that up in the road, A HEAD?'
Roga tosses the head and performs a master class bicycle kick. GOAL!
Roga catches the head and throws a hail Mary pass to YOU! TOUCHDOWN!
Roga scoops out the skull and pours a frothy beer! CHEERS!
Roga snags the head and chips it to YOU! HEEEAVE!!!
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby jayclimbs » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:34 pm

I would like to see Roga roar out his warcry occasionally: KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!
I miss that a lot. It was such a perfect warcry reference.
- Battlemint
jayclimbs

Previous

Return to General Chat (Registered)