Use this forum for general discussions

The Ancient Sceptre of Dominion

Postby Gorka » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:50 pm

Ok.
You feel informed:
Object 'ancient sceptre dominion', Item type: TREASURE
Item is: NOBITS
Weight: 1, Value: 100drachma, Worn in: TAKE
The item has 1 additional magical ability.

examine Sceptre
You see nothing special..

<1590hp 252ma 595mv -10.3ac Planar Nexus 61083545662xp -%>
l Sceptre
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Ancient Sceptre of Dominion is not currently occupied.
Welcome! You now own the ability to control the difficulty of
SlothMUD's zones. The Ancient Sceptre of Dominion has the
power to convert zones from their normal difficulty level into two
different levels of difficulty--heroic and legendary. The precise
definition of what heroic and legendary means for any given zone is
configured by the immortal staff, so there will be a measure of
discovery as the Ancient Sceptre of Dominion is used across
Jord.

Please note that the immortal staff is placing a measure of trust in the
playerbase to not abuse this power. The intent of this feature is to
be used in a group setting. To that end, the Ancient Sceptre of
Dominion can only be used when you are grouped with at least one
other player. The immortal staff is fully aware that zones are often
shared by solo players and groups at the same time, and so the effects
are only applied to mobs that are larger than 10 million xp. There are
additional protections against the effects being placed on mobs as
follows:
- If a PC is in the room with a mob, where the PC is not part of the
group, then all mobs in the room with that PC will be protected.
- If an NPC who has a master (i.e. is a pet of PC) is in the room with
a mob, where the PC is not part of the group, then all mobs in the
room with that pet will be protected.
- If a mob is pissed at a PC, where that PC is not part of the group,
and the mob has less than 95% health, then the mob will be protected.

If a mob (that would ordinarily qualify for heroic or legendary bonuses)
is protected for one of the above three reasons, then the remainder of
the zone will become heroic or legendary, but the zone will be
disqualified for the heroic or legendary quest. If this causes
contention between players, then the players need to work it out.
Having said that, if a player chooses to troll a group by purposefully
disqualifying a zone they know the group is trying to quest in, then
there will be serious consequences from the immortal staff.

The immortal staff have been given the ability to configure heroic and
legendary quests for each zone, which requires the group to defeat the
zone in a specified time limit. Upon completion of the quest, there are
non-drachma rewards, and there are rumors that creatures from the deep
may be awakened.

Some additional technical details surrounding heroic and legendary zones:
- Once a zone has been converted to heroic or legendary, it will remain
as such until the leader of the group leaves the zone. Once the leader
of the group leaves the zone, all effects are removed from the zone.
If this occurs while attempting to complete a quest, then the quest
will automatically be abandoned.
- If rooms in the middle of a zone suddenly switch zone names and this
causes the heroic or legendary run to be interrupted, please let an
immortal know. I have built in ways to permit entry into additional
zones beyond the heroic/legendary zone being run.
- Note that zones can be made into heroic or legendary zones regardless
of whether mobs are already dead in the zone, but the quests are only
available when the zone actually has all of its intended mobs.

And last but not least, enjoy! Please provide feedback and we will work
together as a community to make this as enjoyable as possible.

Syntax: raise sceptre heroic|legendary

Please report all bugs to Maniac.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Re: The Ancient Sceptre of Dominion

Postby Gorka » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:05 pm

You raise the Ancient Sceptre of Dominion high in the air!!
Draconian Lair is now a Legendary Zone!
.. a massive white dragon is now a Legendary mob.
.. the draconian warlord is now a Legendary mob.
.. a forlorn knight is now a Legendary mob.
.. a traitorous gold dragon is now a Legendary mob.
.. an elven spy is now a Legendary mob.
.. the draconian high priest is now a Legendary mob.
.. the draconian master mage is now a Legendary mob.
.. a silver dragon spy is now a Legendary mob.
Current system time: Fri Apr 3 09:43:16 2020.
Legendary Run started: Fri Apr 3 09:43:16 2020.
Quest Limit: Quest not available.

Legendary Mob

Stun brutally guts the draconian master mage!
The draconian master mage looks down in terror as his intestines spill out!
The draconian master mage is dead! R.I.P.
You receive 6327332 experience points as your share.
You gain 2024746 experience and 8000 gold for leadership!
You gain 2235657 bonus experience!
You gain 6327332 extra bonus experience!
Roga receives 6264662 experience points.
Insomnia receives 2112365 experience points.
Tinx receives 5946581 experience points.
Imco receives 4601479 experience points.
Omegan receives 6058519 experience points.
Mage receives 6327332 experience points.
Bandit receives 6292230 experience points.
Norks receives 6327332 experience points.
Suna receives 6327332 experience points.
Alias receives 6264662 experience points.
Stun receives 5946581 experience points.
Ezekiel receives 6327332 experience points.
Total exp for kill is 75123739.

Your blood freezes as you hear the draconian master mage's death cry.
You get gold coins from the corpse of the draconian master mage that's on the ground.
There were 417036 coins.
You split 417036 coins. You keep 32088 coins.
You get a weighty tome from the corpse of the draconian master mage that's on the ground.

Regular Mob

You receive 12220301 experience points as your share.
You gain 2444060 experience and 8000 gold for leadership!
You gain 4317839 bonus experience!
You gain 12220301 extra bonus experience!
Waza receives 12152507 experience points.
Omegan receives 7766912 experience points.
Bandit receives 12152507 experience points.
Suna receives 12220301 experience points.
Belrath receives 12220301 experience points.
Total exp for kill is 68732829.

You get gold coins from the corpse of the draconian master mage that's on the ground.
There were 65447 coins.
You split 65447 coins. You keep 10912 coins.
You get a weighty tome from the corpse of the draconian master mage that's on the ground.

It appears the only difference is that the mob had more hp and coins at this point.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Driven » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:45 pm

The XP looks low for a legendary version of the draconian master mage. Mob statistics show that his regular xp when grouped is 43.7 mil xp, whereas his legendary version is 142 mil xp, which you clearly did not get. We will need to look into that. And it's more than just hitpoints and gold.
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:38 pm

If that was the xp for the legendary version of the mob, we'd all cap heavily defeating the purpose of killing a bigger mob. Although I am excited by the new idea, it's also kind of dangerous. Already there are many parts of the game that are old, and haven't kept up with the changes made in the past 18 months. Some of us are 2 or 3 ranks ahead in the epic system. I've finished rebirth shop to the point buying hp/mana/mvs is nearing ridiculous. Area's aren't a match for the new power of rebirth avatars, but making a new character is still really bogged down in the early stages, solo for some classes is unbearable. On the other hand rebirth avatars can already run without stopping mobs often over their cap limits. The power line between newbie and rebirth avatar is not linear, it's more exponentially curved.

In the case of Tonedeaf, group xp is at least five times better than solo. In the case of Gorka, often solo is better than group. Yet Gorka was not much more powerful than Tonedeaf, at Tonedeaf's levels.

Eq power has more than doubled with proc weapons. Winterblade and Sphairai procs can equate to more than 20 dam per attack. It feels like world chop is on more than it isn't. New players can get to 7x40 in 2 months. There is some insane amounts of change, and it's exciting... there is so much "sugar" recently, it's great for the short term, it's been really enjoyable... but I'd really hate to see the sloth train go so fast it comes off the tracks. I'm all for improvements, but they must be given in a measured manner, because unless reward is actually earned, it's not valued. It's taken Gorka about 2.5 years to get to where he is, but I think if I were to make Gorka again it would only take me half the time these days. I've almost made 7x40 in two months, playing the lamest bard (Tonedeaf - not a remort either). Hyper inflation only leads to devaluation. A balance needs to be struck. The faster the train goes, the harder it is to slow the thing down, and the newer players won't understand when the breaks need to be applied. We need this new system, because the players have outgrown the mobs... but if implemented incorrectly the game could just become silly. I love sloth, I don't want to see that.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Driven » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:22 am

I agree with you, Gorka, we are starting to outgrow the mobs, which is inevitable whenever power is added to the game. And so yes, this system is intended to address that, while actually being fun, new, and different, trying to defeat the zone within a time period for the possibility of new rewards.

Didn't you kill the draconian master mage with choppers? That would give you a very skewed view of how hard his legendary version actually was... meaning, groups probably aren't ready for legendary for it to be profitable, unless it's a 15-man to 20-man sized group. I believe Heroic will be more the speed of Sloth groups at the moment, and Legendary is there if you want a real challenge for a specific piece of EQ off an epic spawn that shows up (if we choose to go that direction -- TBD), and it's there to handle eventual possibilities when the playerbase collectively begins to get to where Gorka is at.

I am aware that this needs to be done properly, that it will require fine-tuning. Once the xp issues have been fixed, we will need feedback to determine whether the balance is right.
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:04 pm

Care to tell us your ideas for the associated eq system you are talking about and how that might work?

Obviously giving out set pieces doesn't work so well. We have all seen those "hypothetical situations" when the level 20 newbie bard wins the 6x40 BONUS_UNDEAD_CONTROL piece on the wheel, rents and we never see them again when there is a necro in the group. Basically anything short of random doesn't work so well in sloth. Any attempt to give out eq based on merit brings out the crappy side of humanity. Even the person who doesn't give the eq to himself is implicated for giving the eq to what is seen as "the wrong person." It's just a politic I hate. As a leader I don't want to deal with it. Already get enough hate for insisting people assist. Would it not be better to give drachma, so whomever is the winner can buy something that they want or actually need. Giving out eq will probably also mean that the whole mud would become obsessed with raising the scepter every day. It just creates another xerxes situation where by somehow a very small part of the game, becomes overly focused on. Also I think it's dangerous to implement something that will steal the focus away from the actual game too much... it should compliment, not dominate, is the point I am trying to get across.

I don't really understand why two people can raise the sceptre either, shouldn't it be like 8 people? Shouldn't it be more of a communal thing. Why not just allow it to raise some simple bonuses like no lost con, regen, world xp etc for a while. Why eq? It's seems a hard road.

The high priest quest for fargate in my mind presents a perfect model of a reward system done right.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Driven » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:37 am

I get your concerns over wheeling some amazingly hard item, having a newb win it, and then vanish into the ether never to be seen again. On the other end of the spectrum, as you pointed out, having the leader arbitrarily state who is allowed to win an item is also ripe for conflict and trouble. Favoritism creeps in and breeds contempt, and that will not be good for the game or the relationships of our player base. For the most part we all get along, and I'd like to keep it that way.

We are just starting to have the conversations about all of this, so stay tuned. Your concerns are well stated and will definitely play into our final solution, as similar concerns have already been voiced among the immorts.
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:45 pm

I'm pleased to hear that!

Another idea I'd put forward as a consideration as the quest reward would be new game wide bonuses... (minus the coliseum area perhaps) The Lore being that the quest achievement raised moral...

* Random % reduction in the cost of spells for a time period.
* Random % dam reduction given to all players for a time period.
* Random % increase in the melee damage for a time period.
* Random % increase to healing spells for a time period.
* Random % increase to regen for a time period.
* Random % increase to pop rates.
* A granade for 50mins. (Grenades tend to be 1.5x xp for 50mins these days)
* Drachma, maybe in the form of a group token, put in a sack and given to the leader by the game.

Legendary would turn on maybe 3 bonuses from the list, heroic perhaps 2. The %'s would be a small range. The eligibility to turn the these bonuses on would only occur if the quest conditions were met and the group size was large.

I'm wondering about the merit of making raise scepter work with only 1 player as well... just so high avatars can make good xp in lower areas. Obviously, in the case the scepter is raised with 1 person, the group rewards and quests would not be made eligible in that case, maybe only a small xp increase. That's to say... what rewards are offered are totally dependent on the size of the group... 1 through to 8 people+ which would be the highest level. More coins could kick in at 4 people, world bonuses at 8, or something like that.

I don't see the harm in Gorka running a "heroic level shadowkeep" for instance, even if the reward is only +10% more xp. It gives avatar more options, and remember areas are cleared very fast these days and we need more places to run without running into each other. 10% more xp in a place like shadowkeep would only make it as good as an EU lower planes area anyways... as SS is already substandard for solo xp. No way in hell I'd go heroic solo in Maladomini or Gehenna.

The heart of these ideas is that it compliment's the game, not dominate's it. If the only thing people do is raise sceptre a month after it's gone in the game, clearly there is a problem. It should be more like, hey it's the weekend, we want to group, we have a good number of people, lets do this. Not login - form large group - raise sceptre continually. Maybe only the group bonuses can be raised once a day. It will need a cool down.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Bandit » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:57 pm

I don't really like the idea of raising every area to legendary and then clearing it solo. That just means avatars are taking away zones from lower level players, already we see zones like Shadow Keep that would be good for someone lower cleared by avatars that have no challenge at all in it. Something else would have to be resolved for this to make sense, like faster respawn times, many more zones created, or limited to some rarely killed zones like kobolds and all those other 100-500 exp mobs that nobody would ever clear.

Also don't really like the idea of once a day legendary zones. We're all over the world in different time zones, wouldn't want to constantly miss out on this because everyone runs the group while you're sleeping. Needs to be more flexible and personal, so if anything YOU can't get the bonus more than once a day, but other people in the group that haven't done it already can get the rewards. Even that has its problems. People may always run at the same time and then not be interested in grouping at a different time because they've already finished their part of it, much like some people can solo exp faster than a group so they'll go run solo rather than grouping.

Some thoughts I've had on legendary bonuses and rewards:

Don't like the idea of random drops. Those things work fine in MMOs when you're part of a guild, and often the guild sets up some point system to distribute loot. Won't really work here and I don't think we want to create some divide between the small player base. I don't play MMOs either, but I think they've mostly moved to a token based system rather than random loot anyway, nobody wants the 40th set of druid boots that end up being junk because all the druids already have it.

Prefer some sort of new currency in the form of drachma. Each legendary kill you are part of in the group gives you some amount of points, you get those points if the group finishes the zone. This would prevent someone from jumping into the group moments before the last kill and getting the full bonus of the zone. A shop, like avatar/rebirth, could provide bonuses for the points. Would feel a bit odd to replace current gear with new gear as it would probably make the current drachma gear pointless at some point.
Bandit

Postby Gorka » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:06 am

New Legendary Aged - Master Mage for comparison.

You receive 6430231 experience points as your share.
You gain 2057673 experience and 8000 gold for leadership!
You gain 2695145 bonus experience!
Phi receives 7299057 experience points.
Beatrix receives 8087571 experience points.
Ezekiel receives 8087571 experience points.
Roselarya receives 7820240 experience points.
Alias receives 8087571 experience points.
Mage receives 8087571 experience points.
Zuzu receives 8087571 experience points.
Tinx receives 7820240 experience points.
Broccoli receives 3900385 experience points.
Vege receives 4089838 experience points.
Crik receives 5467678 experience points.
Total exp for kill is 83265524. (This isn't changed)

There were 210738 coins.
You split 210738 coins. You keep 17567 coins. (This is higher)

Plus the bonus... (This is the change)

The legendary master of heroism tells you 'Well done defeating the draconian master mage!'
The legendary master of heroism tells you 'Additional experience for a legendary effort!'
You have been awarded 8000000 experience points!
Saving Tonedeaf.
Saving items.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the changes to lyme chop and the sceptre that occured after easter weekend... No changes can be observed in my xp rate, compared to before easter. In fact Maniac actually stated, only the mobs have changed not the xp. I can see that the mobs have changed a little bit, but the fact remains with the sceptre, groups are running lyme at a rate of about 40-50% more xp in the same time frame than before the sceptre came into play. This is comparable to having a permanent grenade. The fact remains, that chopping uses a vorpal proc based on percentages - so the size of a mob does not matter, and a chop blind renders a mob practically useless offensively so it's extra power does not matter, so effectively we are getting somewhere around 40-50% extra xp in a chop group for no extra work. It's the most wanton increase to the game, since the gauntlets and sphairai. I know certain players will be around with straw man arguments to justify the increases based on their feelings... but the numbers don't lie. One week I am running about 650m p/hr in a chop group... the next week 1B. But cue the hard luck and arguments from players to justify this increase... Although these things are nice as players, I do not believe they are good for the game in the long term, they do nothing but cheapen the effort it takes to be successful, which devalues the game. It's a well observed physiological fact that things that are earned are valued more than things that are gained for free. There will be consequences.

Regarding the changes to the sceptre for off lyme. It's still way too early to say, but I've gone over some logs and compared the fights of this mob, with fights with the same size group in the past. The legendary mobs hit harder, have more hp and ac. We are going to use more resources... does that justify a 8m bonus? I've not made up my mind about that yet. But I will say... because half the time of a group isn't actually spent fighting, the extra couple of rounds to kill a mob, probably won't justify the size of the bonus and things will probably end up yielding more xp over time for offlyme as well.

But one thing is for sure, I doubt off lyme will be run with the sceptre if there is the chance to run chop with the sceptre, because 40-50% xp extra for no extra work, isn't going to persuade anyone to do off lyme.

I don't understand how at one time the price of +1 dam was 1000 drachma, and now literally hundreds of damage points, and now near double xp is being given away without a thought. Do people see what is happening? Is this really what we want? Will too much sugar make the game sick, after everyone is 9x40 in a couple of months?
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Driven » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:20 pm

The whole point of this is to keep our content relevant as the playerbase grows. I have said repeatedly over grouptells that this is a fluid situation that requires much tweaking. If the right answer is to disable the sceptre on lyme and EU, then we will disable the sceptre on lyme and EU. It's easy to do. What I'd like to explore first, though, is how to balance things out properly. You quoted that before the sceptre, you got 650m xp/hour, and after the sceptre you got 1 bil/hour. Was this with the same-sized group, or just an off-the-cuff observation where you may potentially be comparing apples to oranges? I don't know, you haven't told us. Some questions to ask in general are as follows:

(Question 1) Were people not running (most of) Lyme because the XP was simply too low to begin with?

(Response 1) All people ran were Oly, volcano, MNM, and Kitezh, and most of the time Kitezh was excluded. This excludes CK, CG, Pagoda, Irapuete, Lost Cross, Semester, Gildebruun, Poseidon, Tiger Temple, and Valley of Dust and Fire. So literally 75% of our Lyme content was not being run and this is because the xp/hour was too low relative to EU/BH/SS/IS/AH. So if the XP/hour did not go up from the sceptre (plus the difficulty), then the sceptre failed at doing its job.

(Question 2) Is the xp/hour rate increase for chop too much?

(Response 2) Quite possibly, yes. I spent the time and effort to put vorpal immunity on the Lyme chop mobs to account for this, and it would literally take me 2 minutes to adjust the xp rate on Lyme. Not only can I adjust the vorpal immunity, but I can adjust the xp bonus as well, and I can do it continent-by-continent. Please be more constructive than "Holy crap this is just yet another example of sugar-coated bullcrap that devalues all of Sloth'. Please suggest actual changes that could make the mobs more difficult without Lyme becoming annoying, like more breakage and constant disarms would do. I can add all kinds of procs, including procs that dynamically increase the mob's vorpal immunity for a time. I can make the 100% blind from choppers become a normal blind, a double blind, a triple blind. I can make the mob pull your pants down, laugh at you, and then kick you out of the room.

(Question 3) Are there more tweaks required for this for EU/BH/SS/IS/AH?

(Response 3) Yes -- please try it out and let me know. Let's have a constructive conversation that suggests actual changes.
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:10 pm

Ok, let me substantiate a few things.

>It's good the sceptre improved the running of old crappy lyme areas.
Yes and No, it's good that it boosted them... but it also boosted the already good areas... meaning that it would still be the case that the better areas would be run the most. The real solution is to fix old crappy lyme areas first and bring them into line with the good areas, not just adjust them with the sceptre. Yes, more work, but a proper solution.

>How can I justify my claim that my group xp from chop groups lifted somewhere from 40-50%.
Well considering that... 1) Chops are percentage based 2) The blind proc negates any attack increase 3) The mobs still had the same base xp... To figure out the "profit" of the sceptre is very easy... It's every piece of xp the sceptre gave as a bonus... in the case of most mobs that was 7m extra xp. I can say that because the effect of running chop mobs on lyme in legendary mode to a group was practically zero difference than regular chop. The point can't be argued with, I mean we literally had people staying up all night to take advantage of the situation and almost no non lyme sceptring has been done. Given the 9x40 cap is somewhere around 14m, and 7m which is the standard bonus xp on most big chop mobs (which is 50% of that), I think my comments are completely substantiated. My xp increased by whatever the bonus xp the sceptre gave us, because our effort to kill the mobs was practically not effected. Often the sceptre xp bonus was better than the mob xp, you can even see that in the example of the draconian mage in this thread.

I'm of the opinion that the sceptre shouldn't work with vorpal chop at all, because the vorpal proc is percentage based, thereby negating the very effects the sceptre was meant to create. If somehow the sceptre could detect that a mob had been chopped, it could adopt a different and considerable less higher reward profile for mobs killed with chopping. Not sure that's possible.

There is also another issue with your reward calculation... it would seem that the reward xp does not come from an xp pool. Normally in sloth if 10 players of equal size kill a 50m mob, each gets 5m. If 20 players of equal size killed the same mob each player gets 2.5m. The way you are calculating your bonus, it would appear that the bonus xp for each player would be the same amount, no matter how many players killed the mob. In the case of big groups the bonus xp you are giving is higher than the mob xp. The bonus should come from a xp pool. Each player gets the proportion from that pool. That way bigger groups get less bonus... because effectively the kill is easier than smaller groups. The way I think you have it at the moment, players of large groups get the same bonus as players in small groups.

I'll get back to you with some other comments maybe tomorrow, as it's late now. But I don't think legendary rewards should surpass 25% and perhaps heroic 15% of regular xp rewards. I'm not against change or the sceptre, I'm against rewards that aren't earned, and I think speeding up the game too fast is dangerous and should be a delicate operation that requires more tact than blanket percentage based rewards. I'm all for making changes and getting this right... but the mistakes thus far regarding chop probably should have been avoided, as we did warn you April 5th about this according to my logs. Days before you did your bonus xp hack with the quest mob and the eventual "48hr chop group" that immediately transpired. I'd offer my help to rebalance lyme areas if that was what was needed.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Driven » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:56 pm

Many of your points are valid and I understand the heart behind your points--you want to protect the delicate balance of the mud, which I respect as well. For the benefit of everyone else on the forum, Gorka and I worked together today to try to rebalance chop by reducing the effect of the chop blind in heroic and legendary. The fundamental issue with chop, as Gorka has pointed out, is that chop negates all offensive bonuses you add to mobs, so I have figured out how to reduce the effects of chop blind.

Tonight, we ran a 10-man group through Oly and Lymean Volcano. In Heroic we were able to get through Oly without too much pain, and then we got to Volcano, where I set it as legendary. By the time we finished the volcano, the entire group was drained. Roga, our fearless tank, fared pretty well through the reduced blind, but our front line not so much. By the time we finished the area with a 10-man group, the group had about 25% left in the tank, which I see as a very good thing.

I think this is a step in the right direction. We need some real Lyme leaders to take a look at Heroic xp to see if it's still out of balance, but I think we have the ability now to properly balance chop.
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:30 pm

Today was chop day, so I ran a group and collected the following data to help improve the scepter system...

Run 1: BH (60mins) Raising the sceptre to legendary and chopping. 408m for (30mins)
Run 2: Lyme (30mins) Raising the sceptre to legendary and chopping. 787m for (30mins)
Run 3: AH/SS (30mins) Not raising the sceptre at all, but chopping. 479m for (30mins)

Considerations:

* We killed a legendary Lucifer.
* World XP and Group XP were on.
* Group was 12 people.
* It was chop day.
* 7/12 of the group members had an unsatisfactory +hit meaning they chopped half as much as the top 5, simply because they were missing attacks... in particular during run 1.
* Running slower on BH would have some advantages regarding aging the xp again before a return was needed - however we were clearly inferior to the size and ac of the mobs.
* Lyme tends to drain healers a bit quicker.
* We were 3 players down for the AH/SS run... and the second time these areas would be run the xp rate would drop significantly.
* Belgar tells you 'gold gain was 250k from bh, 800k from lyme, 250k from ah. (all 30min)'

It was nice to kill some mobs that were actually "legendary" Even though they will require adjusting. In my opinion the xp for legendary should have been around 600m per hour... if reg xp for me was 475m per hour.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Driven » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Thanks, I will work to re-balance the xp.
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Next

Return to General Chat (Registered)