Macus bug

Use this forum for general discussions

Macus bug

Postby Belrath » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:12 pm

Hello!

Macus and specularems blind proc doesn't work properly. I'm unaware if any other less-used chopper has the same problem. They seem to launch the proc. flagging the mob as 'blinded' but not doing so. But the 'flag' prevents other choppers that actually work delivering the blind in. So that's pretty horrible.

I have reported this issue and also contacted Breeze. He confirmed the issue but wasn't able to fix it right away, promising to take a deeper look at the code. well - it's been a year now.

I am a man of patience but this thing needs to be fixed asap. We're having a lot of new players flying in and groups and chop groups are ran constantly. Working low level chopper would be great. Now we tell them not to use them, giving the feeling of uselessness.

I'm hoping this post reaches someone in power and time to do something about it.

Anyway, love the hard work you're doing with the mud, dear Immortals, having a great time. Thank you.

---Belrath
Belrath

Re: Macus bug

Postby Josiah » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:01 am

A select few chop weapons were upgraded to proc a more intense blind. I think it is along the lines of -10000 to hit instead of the usual -5.

There are also other chop variants, such as choppers with increased chance of suicide/murder. There is a chopper which pops off of lyme and isn't temp.

Macus and Specs have the original chop proc by design. If you want better choppers, you can cycle for them. Scimitars are the easiest upgraded choppers to obtain.

If there must be more trivializing of the game, I recommend not simply making all choppers grossly overpowered.

Options:
    status quo (huzzah!)
    remove the original (minor) debuff (only powerful choppers proc any debuff)
    rename the debuffs so they stack
    make the more powerful debuff override the effect and duration of the lesser debuff
Josiah
Double 40 Poster

Postby Belrath » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:00 am

Ok. Understandable that macus aren't that powerfull. I can live with that. What I can't live with is that when macu proc hits in, it prevents the bigger proc from hitting. Its like a shield for a mob. That's why macu is unusable. I dont care if it gives -5 hit or something as long as it can be overwritten when big fellow hits the mob with big sword.

---Belrath
Belrath

Postby Belrath » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:07 am

Now to think again, perhaps I'm out fo the line here and all are as they should be. Perhaps I was misscarried by the fact that Breeze told me that there is an issue. *shrug*

Feel free to let them as they are if they were designed that way and are working perfectly. My bad

---Belrath
Belrath

Postby Josiah » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:22 am

I don't think you're out of line. If newbies are being told not to participate, that is a legitimate problem. Gods know we definitely don't need bored newbies.

Personally, I'd prefer the problem was dealt with by letting everyone chop and spending more mana on healing. Chop groups were already viable before -10000 hit procs (also before healbonus eq).

If players aren't being newbie friendly and the Immortals want to intervene, this is definitely worth discussing. Removing the debuff effect from weak choppers is probably the least invasive solution.
Josiah
Double 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:14 am

Josiah wrote:I don't think you're out of line. If newbies are being told not to participate, that is a legitimate problem. Gods know we definitely don't need bored newbies.

Personally, I'd prefer the problem was dealt with by letting everyone chop and spending more mana on healing. Chop groups were already viable before -10000 hit procs (also before healbonus eq).

If players aren't being newbie friendly and the Immortals want to intervene, this is definitely worth discussing. Removing the debuff effect from weak choppers is probably the least invasive solution.

I agree with what Josiah says here for the same reasons. If macu's simply didn't block the more powerful blind for now, that should be a solution to the issue, at least short term.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby *Neptune* » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:28 am

Ok, first of all, thanks to those of you who helped test a theory of mine and the staff
in addressing the chopper-blind issues. It seems we were on to something. Tonight,
we worked on modifying some choppers to improve their blinding performance.
The choppers that are currently affected by the updates are tiger claws, specularem,
macuhuitls, sekira and sacrificial knives. Chime in if I missed any. I hope that helps you
guys out. As a result for all your hard work, we'll throw up some drachma and epics
this weekend, Saturday, to give those updated choppers a good run-through.

Enjoy the changes, and we'll see you guys Saturday around noontime central US time.

-Neptune
*Neptune*
Double 40 Poster

Postby Bandit » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:02 pm

Would it be possible for a chopper to also be a stab weapon? The razor sharp tiger claw seems like it would be a decent candidate to be converted into a dagger. Would certainly reduce the amount of weapon swap spam the stabber has to deal with when chopping.
Bandit

Return to General Chat (Registered)