Telegram blocked in Russia

Use this forum for general discussions

Telegram blocked in Russia

Postby Gorka » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:16 am

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/telegram-down-russia-blocked-not-working-offline-encryption-messaging-a8302541.html

The world is going to hell in a hand basket... Obviously any app that currently does function we can assume must be providing the govt with back doors to stay in service. It's outrageous.

People say you have nothing to fear, if you have nothing to hide. This is not the way to look at it. Surveillance lowers everyone to the same level of "threat." 99% of humans on this planet aren't a threat but they are expected to give up there privacy for the 1% that are... We need to stand opposed to governments in every part of the world that are becoming over bearing. Surveillance should be selective.

So what now for sloth telegram?
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Re: Telegram blocked in Russia

Postby Teron » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:49 am

Gorka, you are forgetting one thing.
Law in Russia is strict, but applies selectively. First to LinkedIn, now to Telegram.
Whether other apps share data with FSB, is in the open, we'll see who they go after next: Twitter or Facebook, because, so far, they've sentenced tons of people for sharing pics on VKontake, but none for doing it on Twitter, because Twitter doesn't give them user IPs.

As for Sloth on Telegram:
- Telegram is an open and a secure app
- Russia has only blocked access to the Russians or tourists using a Russian ISPs
- they can use VPN or use a proxy with 1 click by going here: http://tgproxy.me/
- I'm not moving the chat elsewhere.

Suck it up, use VPN or a proxy. I'm not obeying a bullshit law that does nothing useful. Even our telecom minister deputee said that "it's not a big deal, people can use VPN anyway" all the while it's aimed against the terrorists. WTF do they understand that terrorists can use VPN and block it for all 145mil people?
Teron

Return to General Chat (Registered)