Raid Mobs, Opinions Welcome

Use this forum for general discussions

Re: Raid Mobs, Opinions Welcome

Postby Filk » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:58 pm

I also dont think its good idea to make honor as currency. You need to gather it for the ranks. Why you would spend it on some suboptimal eq. And if eq good, honor should be equal to drachma cost in terms of time. Which leads to hundreeds of thousands and millions for good piceces. And for low cost(like about 25k Taron offered for each), eq should be a joke. Lets not break system where we mostly get eq from mobs. We already have one superior shop with not balanced eq to involve another layer into the game.

I agree, that clasps should be fixed.
I even think, that plain bonuses are weak for the time needed. You get extra .1 ac, or 5 bonus spell bonus for months of hard work. Actually even years without remort bonus. I suppose effects should be more noticeable. Maybe not in terms of stats, but with extra abilities. Since we kinda loosing them in rebirth shop way. There are plenty of interesing but non gamebreaking ideas that could be added to insignias. Not class skills, but some utility style passives
Fluffy
Filk
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Splork* » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Honor was approved as a secondary type of experience which would be attractive to certain players. We are not anticipating making any changes to its current place in the game.

We had started on redoing the clasps but it got lost in the shuffle a year or two ago. I believe we already had the bonuses mapped out... I will ask Breeze.
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Gorka » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:58 am

* So, I think players in general like options, and probably wouldn't mind having another currency...
* Implementing another currency is time and work, thankless etc etc

But here is a thought...

If the idea of "honor" eq was to be considered... why not make it a hybrid system between holy eq and 3x40 eq...

Basically the list of "honor items" would be a fixed list, maybe decided by rank, and your "honor item" could be exchanged a bit like 3x40 eq. Honor items would not crumble on un-wearing like holy eq. Honor items would probably exist in a level slightly below drachma eq and 3x40 eq.

Meh, not sure we need another eq system though... just a thought.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Teron » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:28 am

Fluffy, if you don't need suboptimal eq, don't buy it.
It's more of a helping hand towards new players, who lack significant portion of good eq. These should be easy to balance against existing ingame eq, which are weaker, than drachma eq.

You are right that good honor items should be hard to get. That's why it'd require a player to kill 50-100 epics to get an item, which rounds up at about 150-500k honor (even if your honor cap is 12.5k, you still get 3k for small epics). These are hard to balance against all eq, and aren't a priority anyway.

However, since Splork insists that the current honor system already attracts players, sure, let them have it. In the same vein, why not get rid of drachma eq, tri40 eq, holy eq?

It's just in a number of MMORPGs that I played there are numerous eq systems in place that let you:
- play with different aspects of the game: solo, group dungeons, raids, PVP
- have fun doing a variety of things, preventing boredom and burnout
- catch up with minimum eq to contribute to groups quickly.

At the current stats of epics, they are rarely better exp, than group areas, but they often demand more effort and attention. While they may be fun, but surely not because they give honor.
Teron

Previous

Return to General Chat (Registered)