Tokens, Token Auction

Use this forum for general discussions

Tokens, Token Auction

Postby *juggleblood* » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:57 pm

If the token auction is lagging the game, then I suggest we remove it. Since tokens are not as rare as they once were, the token auction has become a holding place where people can hoard them rent free.

I suggest in place of a token auction, we put in a slot machine where you put in a hex and 1d100 x1000 gold falls out.

The auction isn't going to work out for tokens. It's always just going to be abused to hoard them and avoid rent, unless it is radically altered. If it's slowing down the game, please take it out.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Re: Tokens, Token Auction

Postby Gorka » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:26 pm

I can't help but giggle, because to some degree JB's coliseum has caused the oversupply of tokens. Popping tokens is not the aim of those running the coliseum, they are a by product of servicing ourselves and other players with the other "crack" that pops there, and I am one of the biggest abusers of using the token auction as my own 200 slot token vault...

It's a little ironic that the creator of the coliseum and the biggest abuser of it are looking to shut down a problem mostly born out of the result of there own actions... :lol:

But whatever gets done, selling tokens... (and they do pop often - and just as fast as the coliseum if you cycle the right mobs), benefits everyone, and the ability to make coins from them should continue in some form, slot machine, changes to shops... whatever...

I also feel tokens should have there rent value adjusted, so people can easier roll in batches... The auction system did allow people to roll with 100 hexes more easily, and I think that was good. You can't do this when they cost 5500 to rent.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby *juggleblood* » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:53 pm

Well yes, I am not blind to the irony.

I thought about nerfing it, but then the dynamic that I see is that when someone new wants to roll a character, other players go to the pits and get them a bunch of tokens for free and that's not a bad thing.

But, let's say that I made tokens rarer again. That would not make the reroll auction stop filling up, because people would continue to hoard them there at prices above what they expect it to sell for in order to save on item count and rent. We could apply a bunch of extra rules and fees and whatnot, but then I fear it'd be a lot of work for the end result of no one happy with it anymore.

That's why I'm just in favor of keeping the hexes loading in the pits like they do, but taking the auction house out and replacing it with a slot machine that doles out 1d100 x1000 gold. An alternative solution is to have both and see if the slot machine cuts down on the amount in auction block.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby cyprimus » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:40 pm

good idea!

maybe make it rumored to despense drac once in a blue moon!

Congratulation! you are our one millionth token you gain 1 drac!
cyprimus
Double 40 Poster

Postby Filk » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:41 am

Just add unreturnable percent fee, like each other auction system has. Shrugs
Fluffy
Filk
Double 40 Poster

Return to General Chat (Registered)