So no hard cap essentially.. hmm
Will have to think

IT HURTS!

afk
cyprimus
Double 40 Poster

Re: So crazy it just might work...

Postby *Breeze* » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:37 pm

yeah. isabo changed it iirc. there is high xp and low xp.

(high xp)(low xp) format.

low xp is limited to 999 mil
high xp is in billions and int32 in size.

each time low xp hits over 1 bil then xp high is incremented and low xp is decremented by the same.
*Breeze*

Postby cyprimus » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:50 am

well, doest not change much on the formulas, only difference is max dex really.. would be very costly, and i suggest max stats either be limited to +3 max, or to classo limit ..thats currently unenforced by eq code.

Would end up with spell damage costing twice the normal gold too.

Again, have to decide if you want it to hard cap, cap via classo or just get way too expensive... but over all think what i wrotes good.

Now all we need is someone to code it!
cyprimus
Double 40 Poster

Postby Teron » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Just reminding you that the initial idea was to do actual fight simulations and calculate exp cost, proportional to damage healed/done. Just calling arbitrary costs doesn't cut it, we'll be back to battling high costs for low value things, again.
Teron

Postby *juggleblood* » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:20 pm

Am I the only one who sees that the avatar shop doesn't need changing?

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE VALUES CROSS-RELATE TO ONE ANOTHER. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF MANA IS EFFECTIVELY CHEAPER/BETTER THAN HIT POINTS, etc...

Regarding making the shop available sooner.... WHY? IS THERE REALLY NOT ENOUGH STUFF FOR A 6X40 PLAYER TO DO? AND YOU GUYS AGREE THAT IT'D BE FUTILE TO DO THIS ANYWAY! YOU'VE ALL POINTED OUT THAT THE NUMBERS ARE SUCH THAT THERE IS NO BENEFIT TO THE PLAYER!

You must think I'm stupid not to see that this is just about pimping out characters to get high scores in the coliseum. What else could possibly be your endgame here?

Someone back me up here pls?
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby cyprimus » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:32 pm

I agree with jb. *gow... i feel sick..*

But would like to see the shop expanded, for max avvies who are getting bored..
cyprimus
Double 40 Poster

Postby Teron » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:15 am

JB

1. Why doesn't it matter, how much the items cost for new/9x40 shop?

Why doesn't it matter, if it scales and players can buy more stats for more exp from the new/9x40 shop?

2. If there's a scaling price for items, then spell bonus/heal bonus could be worth buying around 6-7x40.

It's not just about coliseum, it's about being more powerful in solo/group. Coliseum is a good part of this, but it's just a mirror of how we can solo, really.

The idea for the early shop is to give people at least some choice to buff their chars, something to look forward to.

Even then, I do think that recalculating stat costs and making them scale for the 9x40 shop would help, because the end game for 9x40s is relatively short, and they need more useful stats to spend exp on.
Last edited by Teron on Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teron

Postby Ker » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:00 pm

Hello,

Gorka came up with an idea to fix the missing gap that every player in every class lacks.
In his case, it is most unfortunate that runes take up 32% of the primary cap - weapon damage.
E.g A 32% which he will see maybe in another 2.5-3 years at the current gem rate.

Gorka came up with an idea to try and fulfill 40% of the primary cap, weapon damage through the 9x40 Avatar Shop by means of making exp rates linear and available from as young as 3x40.
E.g A 40% which he will never see till 9x40.

That's simply 72% of weapon damage a Warrior will never achieve until monkey years later when the cap tells you otherwise early. So that leaves 28% in a spread of 0x40 to 8x40+39. Is 28% of the class's prime nature legit at play? Should I name all the other problems in regards to the other 7 classes that suffers in a similar fashion? Are we all on the same page?

This has nothing to do with the Coliseum. What's with the CAPS?

We have spoken about linear progression since dinosaur age. If some of you are still confused, please refer back to original post and work on a solution. Is it really that hard to understand?

Kthxbai.
Last edited by Ker on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ker
Double 40 Poster

Postby Teron » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:24 pm

I had written it, but deleted: there aren't many +sb items non-mages can use. Especially, if I want to wear +dam, +hit, -saves and +sb.
It seems only bard and monk have lots of eq to wear early on. And maybe warrior tanks. But if you want to play a dps warrior or a solo bard, Idjit help you.
Teron

Postby *juggleblood* » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:36 pm

@Taron, Solo bard? Ok, what about eq for the guy who wants to be a mage prime tank? Or Thief prime healer?

@Ker, shouldn't these niches be filled with equipment? Or maybe we should just abolish all equipment and have players buy everything with xp from level 1 to level 9x40.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby Ker » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:47 pm

Wowza, finally someone who points out some common sense. Yes - EQ.

Does it feel weird that the players have opted to lean on an extended grind calling it an "option"?
Ker
Double 40 Poster

Postby Teron » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:51 am

*juggleblood* wrote:@Taron, Solo bard? Ok, what about eq for the guy who wants to be a mage prime tank? Or Thief prime healer?

The game consists of both solo play and group play.

While the imms would like to force people into groups, the solo game exists, no matter what imms think, because people are different, and some just prefer solo. Some prefer a balance of solo/group.

Mages don't solo in tank gear, and thieves don't kill with heals often so you are comparing apples to oranges.

If the bard could solo with +20charisma and -5ac and his prime skills, that'd be as good as the mage soloing big mobs in his sb/-saves gear and -1-3-5ac. While mages can kill all kinds of mobs with relative effort, bards have to go out of their way and use extensive mob knowledge to solo exp. This could be better.

The difference should be in how players use skills/spells, not that "warriors must only be tanks" or "clerics must only heal in groups" or "bards must be only a group character".

Basically, all the bard needs to solo efficiently is the single-target skill/weapon I've suggested.

Now, back to topic:
I do tend to agree that instead of spending our level exp on stats, we should be able to get better eq at 5-9x40, both ingame and forged. It'll be easier and more fun, than grinding for exp. There isn't a single piece of 9x40 eq other than the light. What gives? A 8x40 item other than a 3d tri40 item? I know 1 7x40 item (but even then, I think I dreamed of it).
Teron

Postby *juggleblood* » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:48 am

What gives is that there aren't any 9x40's building areas and designing eq. Seriously I think this is the problem. The game depends on player generated content and the most addicted players aren't contributing areas. I try to contribute one a year or more. If more people tried to do just 1 a year, the eq would be a lot more flushed out, which means the classes would be more flushed out.

I know that many of you guys just don't like to build. And I know that some people just can't be trusted with even the most basic immortal commands. If anyone is interested tho, in helping just design forges, we could propose that to the creators. My thought is that it would be cool if we could add several forges to the game at once, aimed at each of the classes at a particular level. So for example if someone designed 8 different 9x40 forges for me to put in, one aimed at each class. And then if someone else wanted to put in a set of forges aimed at 4x40, or whatever.

Again, I'm not speaking as someone who has the authority to grant someone this job, but if someone were so inclined, they could approach Splork about it, knowing in advance that JB would help implement it. We have to keep up with content, especially eq.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby Ker » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:55 am

Count me in for EQ, I will personally see to it a fixed time for :

1) EQ to fill the niches mentioned for all classes
2) EQ that needs restriction adjusting and attribute balance
3) Forged EQ - Low , Mid and High Forged: Upgrade concept for niche filling as 1)
4) Drachma EQ - Prices and Proper Class/Level Adjustments (20 years on Sloth, will you trust me?)

I would suggest implementing these on a more fixed methodical approach, than a all at one go, to allow players in adjusting appropriately.

Me can build, but my application has been in the dark for over 8 months now. I have ultimately chosen to concentrate more on other things now. But me like EQ.

OkieDokie!
Ker
Double 40 Poster

Postby Gorka » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:03 pm

*juggleblood* wrote:Lets fix eq.

It's the harder of the two solutions to achieve, and it's a massive amount of work you are suggesting.

I think the imms need to re-evaluate class skills and caps first, making sure they are better balanced than what they are now (particularly with new classo). Then the eq change team could have proper boundaries to work between. I fear it will be another mess if boundary parameters are not set first after things have been better balanced. Dr would have my vote to help with all this, but I think it would be better if there was a team appointed so there would be different point of views, final say to be had by an immortal. I don't know if I'd chuck my name in the hat for purely a database/analysis skills point of view as I have some real life changes occurring next month, but lets see if the idea even gets off the ground first. The changes need to be linear, fair, incremental, comparative with levels/classes, and include better balanced prime eq. But judging by some posts in this thread I am terrified by how this might turn out.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat (Registered)