Bards' blast, spell dam and spell saves

Use this forum for general discussions

Re: Bards' blast, spell dam and spell saves

Postby *juggleblood* » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:52 am

You still dont get it. It is better for the bard that saves don't count. What you are asking for is a penalty. When I'm area blasting stuff, in chaos pit for example, I don't want to have to be geared up in a charisma+saves mode. I want to be geared up in charisma+AC. Even if you come up with some formula that combines charisma and saves, it is ultimately a penalty. What is your bard's spellsave in max_charisma? Why even focus on this issue? I find my cry to be thoroughly satisfying.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Teron » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:15 am

That's precisely the point, I find my cry thoroughly lacking in solo coliseum.
I gear up in max mana (650 total), then max charisma, start blasting, and I'm out of mana with 1 min before the orb, because it costs 30-ish mana and mobs just soak the blasts. That's why my experience there is meek, even compared to a thief without blast.

Ac doesn't help me a whole lot to kill solo mobs faster.

I'd like to be able to use my -saves eq to complement my cry, because right now the damage in coliseum doesn't cut it. I'll probably have to get 38ma or 30 monk to do better and that says something.

On the other hand, bards in the chaos pit do rock, because they possess a mini firestorm at 1x40, and two bards can streamroll the pit like nobody's business. However, the scenario of a bard fighting many similarly-sized mobs outside the chaos pit is very rare.
Teron

Postby *Breeze* » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:17 am

I can just about guarantee we will not be adjusting skills/spells/basic game play based on coliseum.

Coliseum mobs do not necessarily represent the game.

We did consider redoing the magic system but my concern is that players would see it as "nerfing" instead of balancing.

In the long run it would allow for greater control over skills/spells and we would be able to automatically rank skills aND spells in order of damage/effect, but I don't think we will do it,simply because I don't want to deal with a million questions.

Maybe we do it for sloth 5. ;)
*Breeze*

Postby Ker » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:03 am

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Breezy!
Ker
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Breeze* » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:37 am

Ker wrote:Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Breezy!

Hey :)
*Breeze*

Postby Teron » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:18 am

Just to be clear, Sochi has persuaded me that it won't be coded that -saves would only add to the bard saves, which means, like he says, if there are any changes, it'll only make things worse for the bard.

So consider this case dismissed, as if it wasn't already.

Also, the original stimulus was that help saves says that it helps channelling spells, so I guess it should add that "but not the bard songs".

And no, coliseum is not an isolated small world, it clearly shows which classes - or people - can solo well - with the caveats that they could be geared differently and benefit from their mana thanks to the only-mana-restore in coliseum.
Teron

Previous

Return to General Chat (Registered)