Equipment sets

Use this forum for general discussions

Re: Equipment sets

Postby Josiah » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:56 am

Taron (and others) use a clever workaround to game the system and change eq faster than intended. He wants the lag from eqset to be based on the optimal equipment change method rather than the obvious one.

Cutting out the word 'all' and using two remove and wear commands shaves off about 5 seconds of lag.
Josiah
Double 40 Poster

Postby *teker* » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:45 pm

I will run some tests to compare the lag.

I've added documentation for EQSET DEPOSIT and EQSET WITHDRAW which work with the new vaults. I need to work on WITHDRAW a little - the items are coming out correct but they're being left in inventory rather than placed into their proper containers.

I'm also starting to test the code on shapeshifted characters.
*teker*
Triple 40 Poster

Postby *Splork* » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:31 pm

I am not so sure I would call it a work around because it was added intentionally on November of 2007.

Here is the write-up regarding the changes:

Added wait state to remove all/wear all dependent on what you wear and remove (some will hate this!)

Severly lowered the wait state on wear/remove single items (some will love this!)

Basically this is much fairer

We will let Teker decide what to do :mrgreen: but its definitely a Slothy feature, as JB likes to say!
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby *teker* » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:05 pm

I'll make the lag more consistent with "wear many" + "remove many". I'm not seeing any issues with shifted players using eqset so I will enable that also. These both require a new build so you'll see the changes then.
*teker*
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Teron » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:06 pm

Well, it's certainly faster to use wear/rem commands, if I only need to remove 10 items, not 18.

So you are using that
wear ring ring cloak guards
will now lag 4 times as much?

And that the 4-5 second lag on eqs switch of a complete set is normal? I did use the "wear all" command in my regen alias and it never lagged as much, maybe gave me a regular round-long lag (about 1-1.5 seconds).
Teron

Previous

Return to General Chat (Registered)