The Perma-Valker Manifesto

Use this forum for general discussions

Re: The Perma-Valker Manifesto

Postby klobber » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:16 pm

I think it may come down to gameplay style and perhaps dedication to the game. I think having items in the EQList encourages exploration because in most cases it narrows down the item location to a zone or two. That encourages me to go to those zones to explore. My personal style and level of dedication means I probably visit every room and take a look at what's there. But I don't type forge or list or ask every mob I see about quests because that exceeds my style/dedication/care level/etc. I probably won't come back and visit ten times to see what pops differently. I know other players do or have done this and that's great for them - I just don't find that level of exploration enjoyable - I find it to be overly repetitive.

I agree that elite items or forges should be left off the EQList because it is rewarding for the die-hard players to find these things and benefit from them. They put in the countless hours and deserve it.
klobber

Postby *Splork* » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:55 pm

The vast majority, my guess is 96%+, is available on the website eqlist.
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby *Breeze* » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:42 pm

klobber wrote:*SNIP*

Just wanted to mention that most of the items you mentioned for hand damage don't show up in the EQLIST by keyword.

*SNIP*

there is stuff that isn't on the eqlist on purpose... its an object flag.

also, a bit off topic,

i have been that the current eqlist is unwieldy by a few players.. hard to find stuff on.. etc..
i made a complete dump of the eqlist available [json format] and
said if anyone wants to re-code it, feel free and we would host it. a few people "took us up"
on the offer but never actually produced results. this is the 2nd or 3rd time i redesigned the
eqlist and after the amount of negative comments i received the last time i redid it, i just
don't feel inclined to do it again. most likely never.

as you can tell, the eqlist is kind of a touchy subject with me.
*Breeze*

Postby *juggleblood* » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:53 am

The purpose of the no-eq-list flag is generally for new areas and then once the area has been in for a while, the flag should be removed. In some cases, such as Mandelbrot's Mansion, it was just a case of me forgetting to take the flag off after some time had passed.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Previous

Return to General Chat (Registered)