Dark Mace Reform

Use this forum for general discussions

Dark Mace Reform

Postby *Idjit* » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:20 am

Good evening, my fellow slothlike people.
The cleric prime spell 'dark mace' has now been enhanced.
Care has been taken to address melee dice, direct bonuses, and damage.
Additionally, cosmetic changes have been made to the higher level dark maces so that your mace is no longer just "a dark mace" all the way to 9x40.
For more detailed information, identify your maces after the game reboots tomorrow!
--Idjit
*Idjit*
Double 40 Poster

Re: Dark Mace Reform

Postby Dragoth » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:09 pm

Your levels: Cl: 40 Dr: 40 Mo: 40 Ne: 40 Ba: 21 Ma: 26 Wa: 15 Th: 10 Av: 10

<820hp 689ma 306mv>rem mace
You stop using a large, dark mace.

<822hp 697ma 305mv>cast 'identify' mace
Ok.discarded identify as its not on the list..
You feel informed:
Object 'dark mace large 4x40 *Crumbs*', Item type: WEAPON
Item is: HUM PERSONAL MAGIC RESTRUNG SANCBUSTER
Weight: 5, Value: 0gold, Worn in: TAKE WIELD
Damage Dice is '3D6'
Can affect you as:
Affects: HITROLL by 3
Affects: HEAL_BONUS by 2
Only those who are primary experienced clerics may use this item.

Overall at 4x40:
Damroll and hitroll are the same as they were before, 2 mana regen replaced with 2 healbonus and turn undead proc is removed.
Dragoth
Triple 40 Poster

Postby *Splork* » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:49 pm

I don't believe those stats are correct. Its missing mana regen and possibly something else.

Looking at my papers and I will get back to you guys soon,
Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby *Splork* » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:59 pm

Sorry about that guys!

We had forgotten the mana regen on each of the new maces but they have been fixed. Hopefully, you guys will love the new weapons!

Rick
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Dragoth » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:11 am

So, for a 4x40 - all the stats on the mace are exactly the same as they were before, except for 2!!! healbonus. Am I missing something here ?
Dragoth
Triple 40 Poster

Postby *Splork* » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:07 pm

It might be, I can list the stats of them and you guys can give suggestions if you like? It did get passed by a couple of players and then a bunch of imms...
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Dragoth » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:19 am

I'm not really sure what goals you were trying to achieve with this change, so I can't give any suggestions.
I'm a cleric/monk so I rarely use the mace anyway and it's unlikely that any changes you do it, will make me want to use it for anything other than regen and ether mobs.

It's just that in a previous dark mace post from 2 months ago, you mentioned that clerics could expect some "decent enhancements" for the dark mace spell. Now 2 months later, as a fair-levelled cleric I get a bonus of 2 healbonus from my prime spell.

Would i consider a bonus of 2 healbonus for a 4x40 cleric with over 80 healbonus a decent enhancement ? Not really. Do you ?
Dragoth
Triple 40 Poster

Postby *Splork* » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:31 pm

When I mentioned "decent enhancement", I was obviously speaking in regards to overall changes from quad 40 to Avatar. Currently, the avatar weapon adds damage, regen, hitroll, heal bonus and bonus heal bonus. In our views, that is quite a nice upgrade from the current weapon. I do not want to mention exact numbers because I'm afraid of spoiling it but I will if you guys want to contribute, like I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Maybe it would be better if we had upped everything starting with single 40 mace and upwards but no change from one weapon of same level to the next weapon of the same level was going to be huge. We would end up with DEATH by the time we got to Avatar going that route As mentioned, the last 5 maces were unchanged for the new system and this was fixed and we also added a bit to the quad 40 one, I believe.
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Dragoth » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:15 pm

Ahh i see, so only clerics above 4x40 get decent enhancements, not sure how it was obvious though as nothing was mentioned about this anywhere, sorry to cause a rucus but I'm glad that we got that cleared.
Dragoth
Triple 40 Poster

Postby *Splork* » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:53 pm

I figured it would be obvious because I mentioned on the original post that the dark mace upgrades occurred per 40 levels in the last rendition of Sloth and that was not carried over to the new version. I incorrectly figured most people would assume we would pick up where we left off and add the last 4 maces...

Either way, I have no issues going back to the eq people and discuss upgrading from single 40 and up.

Can Shyla or any of the other higher clerics post their new stats?
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Dragoth » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:10 pm

If it were up to me, i'd suggest shortening the duration of the mace and Imbuing the wielder of the mace with unlimited "Turn undead" or "Dispel evil" spell and thus nudging clerics towards fighting the undead forces and making the cleric prime class's soloing abilities, a bit more purposeful, and most of all - bearable.
Dragoth
Triple 40 Poster

Postby shizuo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:22 am

I love the new weapon although I agree with dragoth to shortening the duration of the mace and Imbuing the wielder and put mana regen on.
shizuo

Return to General Chat (Registered)