SlothMUD's Newest Website!

Use this forum for general discussions

SlothMUD's Newest Website!

Postby *Splork* » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:10 pm

After a year in the making, we are happy to announce the release of our newest website for SlothMUD. The old one needed to be replaced for several reasons but most notably the CMS which it was built upon was no longer being maintained and continuing any further development with it would not be wise. This site is built using Wordpress which allows us the confidence to continue to build custom content for our players and extend upon that which we already have.

For the most part, you should notice that the site is quite similar to our old one, both in navigation and content. This was done on purpose to make the switch between the two as flawless and comfortable as we could manage. However, there are some new things and further detailed development of old.

A small listing of changes:
• New Design for website
• New EQList ( partial keyword matching on EQList )
• EQList searches now return up to 300 matches!
• Automated Weekly CVS export of EQList
• Character stat pages
• Forum skin matches website
• Wiki skin matches website
• Better integration between the live auctioneer and the EQList
• New Flash Custom client skin matches website
• New Custom Mudlet plugin matches website
* Live Coliseum statistics

There are simply too many changes to list here but these are some of the ones we wanted to point out. We will be adding more as often as possible.

Hope you guys like it,
Splork & Breeze

If you do not see the new design, I believe ctrl f5 will reload the page for you.
*Splork*
Site Admin

Re: SlothMUD's Newest Website!

Postby *Pixie* » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:32 pm

looks good! keep up the work!
*Pixie*

Postby Jaid » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:03 pm

The new website looks cool - I'm just still figuring out how to get around.

One question though. What is our log on info? It doesn't seem to be the same as my forum log in. I also tried to have my password sent to the email address I have quest information sent to, but it said that address wasn't being used - or something like that.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Jaid/Rayne
--You'd be like this too, if someone dropped a house on your sister!
Jaid

Postby *Splork* » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:11 pm

Registration/login has been disabled for the main part of the website, this is only available via forum. The box is there because we have plans to incorporate it with your in-game characters in the near future.

Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Shyla » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:18 am

can we get links put back on the left side of the page for eq list and live info because a lot of people don't even know where to find them anymore and if we have new people stopping by having them where they can be easily seen will really help out please please please
thanks
shyla
Shyla
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Splork* » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:36 am

The only change in the menus is that we moved the location to the top of the website instead of the side. This is standard protocol in regards to website design. This is the design of our new template and can not be changed. Anyone who is familiar with opening a website in a browser should have no issue finding the drop down menus, my six year old was able to locate them :lol:

The links for live info and eq was the same before as they are now: a menu which drops down and allows you to pick what page you want inside those categories.

The menus themselves are almost identical in content as the previous sites so this should be a non-issue for the majority of our users.

This is a new website and design. It will not be exactly the same as the last one but again, we made the majority of the content quite similar in navigation location to make this switch as comfortable as possible. Any new pages added were put in their proper locations.

As with the last website, some people will hate it and some will love it. We will do our best to work with people with their issues but I am positive users can find a websites drop down menu.

Another option is to use the site map. The site map has links to just about every page in our website. If you see one that is missing and popular, just let us know and we can add it.

We quite possibly could add Equipment and Live information to the top navigation menu so they are not a subset of the main branch. This might help?
Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby *Splork* » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:47 am

We added Live Info and Equipment to the top navigation. That should help out a bit. I will fix the order of the top a bit tomorrow, I am heading to bed!

Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Sleeping Forest » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:00 pm

Fantastic new site, great job guys. As discussed some things need some fine tuning, but other than that cheers. Keep up the marvelous work. :)
Sleeping Forest

Postby cyprimus » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:00 pm

Not finding the leveling calculator. I still have old link too it, but seems to help new players to have it all in one spot.
cyprimus
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Splork* » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Please post the link and we can look into it, I don't remember the page off hand...
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby *Splork* » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Added Cartography to the main menu and re-ordered. This should now provide quick access to the most visited pages we offer.

Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby cyprimus » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:11 pm

The link I have is the old one.
http://www.jameslong.org/sloth/cheapest.php

Not sure if the one on the old website was the same.
cyprimus
Double 40 Poster

Postby Shyla » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:15 pm

thankyou splork the new links up top fixed what I was looking for :) HUGS
Shyla
Shyla
Double 40 Poster

Return to General Chat (Registered)