Clerics-My Opinion

Use this forum for general discussions

Postby Autolycos » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:17 am

its not that hard for me weasel, it just seems i stay dead alot, hence the need for more clerics! One of my personal fav is Cami, she is a kick ass cleric to have with you, with a 5man group of Me, Brady,Cami,Sita and Zukt, we viciously tore up the xp on Theris and Fiends :twisted:
Autolycos
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Re: Clerics-My Opinion

Postby Skar » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:31 am

i don't hate clerics and no i didn't say clerics are the best solo'ers in the world in fact i said i understand how a cleric prime could feel useless, and then you have the rest of you who think cleric prime rocks and what not..

some of you guys really need an attitude adjustment, a few days ago Saraen went a little overboard and so far you guys pushed him into an early retirement with your reaction. that's just sad. grow up.

~~Skar
Skar

Postby Aleksey » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:32 am

OH while readed all that spam forgot what i wanted to say :)

To little necro first: You always can restart char, even if like the name of your char always possibility to find imm who will delete it and can start char with same name but different orders.

Dont say anything about rolls ne or druid most easiest chars for rolling,cos
no need roll 18/xxx str, just roll high int and wiz rest stats averegly important if yes good if no than no
That levels you got on your char now possible buld in 1-2 days

Nod, agree with Weasel show me that monster who making 150m/hr solo yes its possible but need trick like hell and who told that our imms complite dorks and will not notice it? sooner or later some imm by mistake or with purpose will find it.
Maybe you talking about those mighty thiefs? Blah and you trust to that fairy tailes all thiefs never calculating how much they loosing , picking lucky hr and complitly forgeting that on next hr thay died 2s, was shoked 1s , was not saved 1s itd.

Who set it that might of char should calculate on exp/ per hr
Why all calling silly splork expy mobs- soloing?
Mighty cleric Chainer was chanting that communizm on exp for all ,how to make it ? He got ne/dr i got test ne/dr he making now solo 6-8m per hr i was making 16m exp per hr at his levels
I cant force him explore areas,know tham,find "holes" in areas,find "holes" on mobs ,risk, calculate effective runs, equip char, create kill methods. Sloth long time ago went on solo trail, how many peoples soloing? Few, mostly who soloed befor whan was magestyle,liches, not screwed aligments and thay continuing to do that, rest sitting and dreaming:" ah it will be good if i will have that that that and than i will defently solo ,sucky lies if you dont have spirit solo huge hardhitting mobs you will never do that even if you got all that overpovering elements together.
To Max: Max i agree liches removing hits realy hard many peoples, i in that group also but so many unbalanced expy areas apears during that time, i not talking how magestyle removing hits . I yet dont understand why i was chesed by all imms whan was small, for charming "battle charms" while now people have same or stronger summoned or animated undeads on which dont need spend monthes of searching areas,selecting usable,fitable mobs, just pressing alias sad and you got drakolich
Time will pass all will settle down
Small quests for you mighty soloers, sorry no drachmas
1 General-Shandlar (Far North) you dont have undeads,charms, no forms,
no potions,scrolls or other dirty charms with firewinds,healing etd,
go make him along in full mana run with only one daemon suplicate in your teath
2 How many tard clerics need to cycle irda forge components without any problems?( its all about how weak clerics)
3 You got 3 sluckers : 2 warriors and thief how build from that pathetic useless staff big mob killer group
Using your brains its first step to soloing ladis and gentelman
Have a nice day ....
Aleksey
40 Prime Poster

Postby Leaf » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:12 pm

[quote="Skar":jvthdgnc]
some of you guys really need an attitude adjustment, a few days ago Saraen went a little overboard and so far you guys pushed him into an early retirement with your reaction. that's just sad. grow up.

~~Skar[/quote:jvthdgnc]

Saraen was a punk from what I could tell. And some might say the same
thing about me. But if I quit it will be on my terms, not because of some
jack@$$!
Leaf

Postby osric » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:22 pm

I must be doubly screwed, I am a thief prime cleric secondary, and I can't solo a thing worth killing. If it were possible to solo 150mil an hour nobody has clued me into how its done, I average around 30 mil an hour soloing and it seems really slow, I spend most of my time regening after mobs kick the crap out of my tiny little AC, cleric primes run around with better AC than I do. So hey at least thats one thing clerics can do :)
osric
Double 40 Poster

Postby Wintersdark » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:50 pm

[quote="Skar":3viz9nfu]some of you guys really need an attitude adjustment, a few days ago Saraen went a little overboard and so far you guys pushed him into an early retirement with your reaction. that's just sad. grow up.
[/quote:3viz9nfu]

Maybe you're not aware of the whole picture.... Saraen did a lot of bad stuff, not just going overboard once.

He's repeatedly pkilled and plooted people, he's stolen from groups, and generally been an ass.

He's been given MANY chances to reform, but refused to do so.

I doubt any will be sad to see him go - he deserved everything he got.
Wintersdark

You're right

Postby Skar » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:21 pm

i didn't ever see anything like that.. we basicly leveled together and i was on easily more than him.. but i never saw anything like that..
i'd talked to him a lot of times, we'd been in a lot of groups together
he seemed maybe a little aggressive but i never saw him do anything like that..

more than him but maybe not every time he was on..

sorry then, i apologize. but i still never saw anything like that

~~Skar
Skar

Postby Chainer » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:47 pm

i have to agree with Lead and Wintersdark.
Saraen had been a bad@$$ as far as i know. He took stuff from group and sold it another second, spammed silly stuff on gossip lotsa times, and those mentioned are just a fragment of what he did, so yeah, dont wanna be him :twisted:

P.S. GO CLERICS!!! GO!!! :lol:

:twisted: KA KAW :twisted:
Chainer

Postby Autolycos » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:33 pm

skar let me give you one good example...

in an SS xp group, fighting Orcus (super grouchy) in DemonWeb, Saraen recalled the tank DURING the fight, thus killing me and a few others, then webbed the tank during battle againt Demogorgon. for that i recalled Saraen, damned,webbed,blinded,silenced her in town alone so she could think about what she did. then she thought she we be smart and lash out an attack thinking i was there, and got herself killed by the scribe..

ever since i first saw that char, she has stolen from chars my groups, looted mobs, lied about it, followed me without asking, and webbed me during battles..

IMHO she can be smited and burn in the festering bowels of hell for all eternity :twisted:

retirement is too good for her, she deserves a public execution!
Autolycos
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Leaf » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:40 pm

Tooo Chainer ... It's LeaF not Lead :-P
Leaf

More, I tried to move on but..

Postby Skar » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:57 pm

tells you 'What's your nat stats?'

'14 18 16 14 15'

tells you 'Well... I'd create another char'

'lol, i'm not'

tells you 'The first thing is to put Cl in classo'
tells you ''cause it's absalutely impossible to play without cleric levels...'
tells you 'And the second thing - it's good idea to roll stats with triangles, since they are easier to pop'

'lol i like my stats, best i've gotten so far

tells you 'Your stats aren't good'
tells you 'I have 17 17 16 16 15'
tells you 'I call it playable'
tells you 'Well...'
tells you 'You have 14 dex nat'
(more talk about stats)skip>
tells you 'Now scan eq list please and tell me if you can see the way of getting -9 before 3x40 with your classo and
stats'
(skip for my privacy. lol)

'i shouldn't have to be a cleric to play this game successfully'

tells you 'You won't ever learn until you've learned how to play this game'
tells you 'And you won't ever learn this until you do something except running with exp groups ;)'

tells you 'Hehe.... You HAVE to be a cleric to play this game successfully'

well now, maybe this is the reason i started the topic huh?

this is most of a conversation, i left out a part or two because i don't feel like being laughed at. anymore than i already am.

and now i'll wait for you guys to flame him, or me for posting this

~~Skar
Skar

Postby Akasha2 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:03 pm

Two people come to mind:

[40w 40o 40n 40d 8a] Zukt the Golem

[40n 40d 40t 40o 13a] Eneac 10110011 [Lyme]

Not very successful at this game are they? Poor guys, seems after a combined total of almost 18 years on this game someone would have told them it was impossible to play this game without cleric in classo.

It's a little more difficult without cleric, but its not a requirement. If you couldn't play this game without cleric, then the other 7 classes need some serious work. Hell, why not just be a single class mud, with a single class to choose from... Let's all be clerics!
Akasha2
Greater God

Hmm, Let's..

Postby Skar » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:33 pm

Well
all avatars have cleric and only 1 person above me doesn't.
out of the 54 playing there are 5 people including myself who do not have cleric in their classo so akasha you're about right

let's all play cleric and then we can make a nice little movie and wear skirts and dance in unison to the cinderella theme song.
Skar

Postby SirRobin » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:35 pm

Skar,

Regarding your stats: You have 77 points, which looks good to me. There was a list of 40 rerolls in another thread and the highest points he got was 79, with an average of 65.75 points.

I found three tokens the other night, and being half-asleep and stupid used them all. My character started with 75 points, then got 71, 74, and the last roll, 52! He was difficult to play for a couple of days, but I just found a token today and got 68 points so things are better.

Regarding the need for a cleric in the classo: I hope it is possible to solo without one. Since Druids also have healing spells I didn’t add a cleric to my Druid/Mage/Warrior/Necromancer character. Guess I’ll find out when he leaves VK.

Sir Robin

P.S. I’ve only been on Sloth about a month, so my ideas may be way off.
SirRobin
40 Prime Poster

Postby Alberich » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:49 pm

You don't "have to" have any class, really - the ones you have depend on how you want to play. With no cl in classo, you will be limited in what you can solo, but you have wall of flesh and stuff - that's fine for the big choppish mobs, just realize your not going to be running around killing lots of small xp-type mobs (at least not very safely). It's all in what you like to do. I personally wouldn't make a char without cleric, but I also probably wouldn't make one without mage - doesn't mean either is too powerful though.
As for the stats thing... I'm not fanatic about stats, but generally, total of 80 is minimum that people will accept - again, depending on classo. A 3x or 4x caster, doesn't need dex/str or even really con, since it's not like your going to be soloing anything based on your ac or damage - you'll be grouping, or hiding behind animates, or shifted (or all 3), so good stats are nowhere near as important as for say a warrior who needs good ac or a thief who needs maxed str.
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat (Registered)