Atheist can't sacrifice something?

Use this forum for general discussions

Postby 13 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:58 am

******' quit with the evil gods/good gods stuff plz. As far as I know it's
not like that now and let's not encourage the idea. This whole thing is silly.
I think you either need to cut the retarded changes out or wipe everyone
,take the game down for a couple weeks and come back with Sloth4.

[quote:3kwobe1y]and they wouldn't attach any validity to an answer from me anyway, right?[/quote:3kwobe1y]

snicker
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Weasel » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:03 am

pwipe? heh, then you'd definitely lose a huge chunk of the playerbase.
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Supps

Postby Avatar » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:32 pm

I agree with 12345. If you're worshipping an evil god you shouldn't be able to get good-aligned supplications.

12345, I think you're following right where they are heading. They just made a change to reset your sac numbers when you switch gods.

I think you guys should just calm down for a while and see what changes are being planned. It might not turn out as bad as you fear.
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Leaf » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:17 pm

[quote="Weasel":3dmfs5ah]pwipe? heh, then you'd definitely lose a huge chunk of the playerbase.[/quote:3dmfs5ah]

At least with a pwipe, it would be a fast kill. Right not they r just beating
us with tooth picks until we just quit.
Leaf

Re: Supps

Postby 12345 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:56 pm

[quote="Avatar":34qdrwas]12345, I think you're following right where they are heading. They just made a change to reset your sac numbers when you switch gods.[/quote:34qdrwas]
Yeah, I saw the change... don't know what I think about it yet. I do know that I think it should allow you to switch from Blaster or Splork with all your sacs, simply because you can't possibly go back to Valk to pray after level 21. Neutral supplicants seem to be in order as well... other than that, we'll see.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby brand » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:27 pm

ARGHHHH!

WHERE IS RITA!!!
brand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Zam » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:26 pm

Right not they r just beating us with tooth picks until we just quit. (c)

agreed
Zam
40 Prime Poster

Postby Wintersdark » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:57 am

Honestly, so long as these are the first steps along a road, all should be ok.

Take the alignment changes, particularly in regards to Supplication.

The problem now is there are precious few creatures to choose from with supplication, until you reach a really high level. With these alignment changes, your choices are cut pretty much to 1/3 (Yeah, you were always limited by alignment, but alignment was easier to attain/maintain).

IF Neutral creatures were added, and either simply more good/evil ones so we actually have choices when we play a specific alignment or "Variable" creatures(see below), all should be good.

As to variable creatures - this is something I'd like to see:

Change Lares/Manes(and add a neutral version) to have stats based on the Cleric's level. This way, they would gain level according to the supplicant cleric, and ALWAYS be useful. They'd not have the special abilities that higher level supplicants get, and maybe not be as powerful physically as the high-level fighter supps, but at least there would always be a viable option for the cleric to request. Too often right now there simply either isn't an option at all (you're neutral) or there isn't a useful option (You're evil, but not high level enough to get something that can survive in combat.

Another option is to tie supplicant power to a player's sac score - Thus, they power of their supps would grow the more they sacrificed to their god. It would encourage players to stick with one god, and actually sacrifice even at high levels when holy equipment is no longer necessary. This way, the more the cleric works at his clerical duties (in this case, sacrificing creatures to his god), the more powerful the creatures his god rewards him with.

Thoughts?
Wintersdark

Maybe

Postby Avatar » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:32 am

Creature stats varying per cleric levels might be nice. I don't like the idea of vaying per sac totals though. At least in my experience, my clerics tend to spend a lot of time in groups. During a group it's usually a bad idea to sac corpses. Nothing good can come of it -- you can lose eq, some people may want to embalm those corpses, other people may want to infuse.

Varying stats to cleric levels might be nice, if it were possible.
Triple 40 Poster

Re: Maybe

Postby Wintersdark » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:52 pm

[quote="Avatar":1nnctbig]Creature stats varying per cleric levels might be nice. I don't like the idea of vaying per sac totals though. At least in my experience, my clerics tend to spend a lot of time in groups. During a group it's usually a bad idea to sac corpses. Nothing good can come of it -- you can lose eq, some people may want to embalm those corpses, other people may want to infuse.

Varying stats to cleric levels might be nice, if it were possible.[/quote:1nnctbig]

That's a good point, I hadn't considered the problem with groups. Still, at least one creature with stats based on cleric level would be very, very nice... if for no other reason than to always have a useful option to supp.
Wintersdark

Re: Maybe

Postby kjartan » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:45 pm

[quote="Avatar":qqab1by2]Creature stats varying per cleric levels might be nice. I don't like the idea of vaying per sac totals though. At least in my experience, my clerics tend to spend a lot of time in groups. During a group it's usually a bad idea to sac corpses. Nothing good can come of it -- you can lose eq, some people may want to embalm those corpses, other people may want to infuse.

Varying stats to cleric levels might be nice, if it were possible.[/quote:qqab1by2]

We still need to fill out a few of the supplication mobs. By which I mean, three or four each good and evil don't do anything, and the deva and asura are almost certainly going away to be replaced with something else. Deva and asura are so generic; the only distinctive thing about a deva in indian mythology is that it has a big hat, as far as I can tell.

The current plan is to fill out the good mobs first, and once they're working, put out (meaning "sell in shops") a book describing what they all do. Then we'll move on to the evil ones.

I don't know about the "vary per levels" thing. Right now the problem is exacerbated by the fact that the three or four mobs below archangel don't do anything, let's see how it looks after they are done.
kjartan
Creator

Postby 12345 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:05 pm

I think that's the single best answer Kj's ever given.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Blastem » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:04 am

I just want to say thank you to who ever made it so athiests can sac again :)

Blastem
Blastem
40 Prime Poster

Previous

Return to General Chat (Registered)