GROUPING INFO FOR NEWBIES!

Use this forum for general discussions

Postby Aleksey » Tue May 31, 2005 2:16 am

Basicaly, all that Rith,Impz,Krok,Vixn,Gnu wrote correct but its not answer on topic "Grouping Info For Newbies" its looks like "what newbs should do in my group" and each leader writing own desires how he wona see own group.

Some leaders wona see newbs to do 1,2,3,4,5,6 some on other hand will ungroup tham for that 1,2,3,4,5,6
We once cycled with Impz couple of mobs and 2-3 small players asked join us , general rule for tham was not do anything or will be imidietly ungrouped, even dont blind mob if was not asked to do that.

Some leaders without worning will ungroup newb for triping or bashing on mob reblinding
In some areas only few expirienced players got rights for blinding and weakening (a lot wandering mobs with same keyname, summoner mobs i td)

IN some groups group command will not tell you whome to protect because leader from time to time using spectral,reflection kill and 2-3 man in group always reproting among each other.

One leader shouted on me that i restored self once during fight, and reason was simple i need 7 ticks to full mana regen , and some people in group just 5-6 , and he tried controll not just group mana, but tried balance full group mana regens all time.
And btw leaders whan last time you created newbie char ? Have you seen that book in inventory? If spend some time reading it , pass valk trip in school, spend some time killing and practising on valk you will know a lot even how to act in group. But who reading that book ? Mostly newbs entering game swearing about stupidity imms for all that junk in inv, trying sell book, droping it, gossiping straight about sword or areas where thay can kill , maybe 1% spending to read it , and that 1% will read trough all that spamm on crier and will find for self something new ,rest will not even if here will be 1 line of rules or you put signs at each room on valk town

And Impz tested it few days ago on one newb whan told him buy recall,newb answered him: %$*&$(^%&^*&%$%#%$# stuped &^%^%^&$.
So ?
Death,CFS,Torturing - only teachers in sloth
Aleksey
40 Prime Poster

Postby Vixn » Tue May 31, 2005 3:07 am

[quote="Aleksey":wsh6pr8b]Some leaders without worning will ungroup newb for triping or bashing on mob reblinding[/quote:wsh6pr8b]

Could you explain. I didn't hear anything about it before. Why we shouldn't bash and trip on mob reblinding? Ah, mabbe you mean players must try reblind mob instead of bashing and triping?

Postby Aleksey » Tue May 31, 2005 3:19 am

Nah Vixn , whan A trying reblind and B at that time bashing or triping mob,
A will be draged in fight and not blind mob, he will need again flee and try reblind, and it can be endless prosess
Some leaders groupteling stop bashing, triping because we reblinding mob , other leaders prefer defolt method, if reblind time no warning all mast know that is reblind time not only 1 man in group
Aleksey
40 Prime Poster

Postby Krok » Tue May 31, 2005 4:22 am

Ok. Gnu, we just have different styles, that's it. :)) I allow only ppl whom I trust do something I haven't asked to do. But, basically, I believe newbies should teach on their mistakes in small low-leves groups. :)

Aleks, yes, you are right that we talk about different ways of leading, but, if so, maybe a newbie will read it and he will know how to act in our groups?
From Russia with love.
Krok
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Leaf » Tue May 31, 2005 6:50 am

Also Vixn some leaders want a mob to stand to cast spells. This way ppl
with spec shields can get mana. If the mob is sitting, they can't cast and
the ppl with spec shields won't get any mana.
However some chop mobs (aka Zeus) leaders would reather have them be
sitting, because their hit per round does alot more then what spec shields
can give :)
Leaf

Postby 12345 » Tue May 31, 2005 8:54 am

The voices say you are scaring them... please stop.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby firebrand » Tue May 31, 2005 11:48 am

to point out something that no group likes: someone portalling to group and following while the group is already fighting a mob. this is a BAD idea. for one thing, you are not in the protect chain, so the mob is hitting YOU directly. you go down and are gonna need to be raised. or, the mob could be almost dead and you join just in time to catch exps that you did not work for and earn. that is kill stealing, and most groups resent you for it. anyway, it is bad form to do it. just wait till leader gives you permission to follow. another thing: make sure your looters are turned off before you join a group. sometimes eq is personal restrung and only the person who is calling the eq should loot it, otherwise the eq is useless to them and there is a wasted pop. and coming to an exps group and asking to pop eq is kinda frustrating to deal with. i personally do not mind running eq mobs in the exps areas i am already running, but running beacons eats up precious fighting/healing mana. first you have to have lloyds set and return, you have to gate someone, spell up, regen...not really good for making lots of exps. (do not remind me that that is easily regenned in a tick or two. i know. that is not my point) if you want to come to a group for eq, then don't join one that says exps. there are two totally different grouping and playing styles in them and mixing them, although it can be done, is not fun for everyone.
firebrand
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Alberich » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:32 pm

[img:3by4gz6c]http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/images/comics/20041105.jpg[/img:3by4gz6c]
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby Taki » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:24 am

Simply great! (i mean the strip)

Yes i'm a plain newbie here... so after all the veterans' opinions maybe a voice from the other side can add something to the topic.

--- little self intro, if you want skip it to part 2 ------

I played on another mud for about 5 years, started as a basher (local jargon for followers, assisting the tank, doing packmule job and so) then eventually moved to tank and lead myself. I have never been looking for powerplaying or powerlevelling, but mostly for fun.
I never lost a basher (in that mud to die sucked even at low levels, with huge xp losses, level loss and so on), so my first worry was to be sure that my bashers were constantly safe. To have em carry more loot, they needed to wear no armor, so stray mob hits could be fatal...
The second worry was to be sure that I AND my followers were enjoying it.
It's no use for a game to be played as a boring job! Keep it light, live and exciting, and your group (called party in that mud) will be the most succesful one ever.

--- end of intro -------

Part 2

So a word to the big leaders: read the intro! (jk)

I mean: if you play for hi and fast xp, cut the newbie off from the scratch. Don't have em group just to hit em repeatedly for their clumsiness!

If you want to raise a 'clan' of good and faithful followers, dedicate some time to them, keep the group number low, play only with them lowbies and play at a slow pace, explaining what you are doing and why.

In my opinion a massive group, composed of any from avarats (hehe nice typo) to newbies won't be fun for anyone.

Last thing: Q: why did i left that other mud? ... A: because i stumbled into Sloth!

Taki the learning monk.
Taki
40 Prime Poster

Postby seshi » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:29 am

As someone fairly new to grouping let me add my bit-

Please leaders tell us exactly what you want us to do, don't assume we know.

My first group experience was excellent for the following reasons
The leader gave excellent instructions
The tank indicated well in time what he was targetting
The leader kept his eye on me and healed me regularly

Don't know how much help I was but I had a great time.I eventually got killed but hey it was fun and I levelled twice and got loads of eq.
So guys, thanks for the experience
Salan
seshi

Previous

Return to General Chat (Registered)