bagpipes

Use this forum for general discussions

bagpipes

Postby Hung » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:16 am

I've some questions regarding this piece of eq: http://slothmudeq.ml/?search=bagpipes

1. Is it still ingame?
2. How to get it?
3. Is it usable by non-prime bards?

I've tried to ask these questions ingame, but noone knows anything. So trying my luck on the forum now.
Hung
Double 40 Poster

Re: bagpipes

Postby Gorka » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:02 pm

I don't recall ever finding them, and no information I have suggests that they have a popper - which suggests to me maybe they are a secret forge or aq. However the object numbers and dates provide clues, as I suspect items are added sequentially to the game, which at the very least would exclude looking in some newer areas.

"43037":{"OBJECT_VNUM":"43037","OBJECT_NAME":"lyre maple instrument","OBJECT_SHORT_DESCRIPTION":"a tightly-strung maple lyre","OBJECT_TYPE":"MUSICAL INSTRUMENT","KVP_DURATION_BONUS":"84","KVP_MANA_BONUS":"15","KVP_TARGET_BONUS":"3","OBJECT_WEAR":"TAKE INSTRUMENT","OBJECT_EXTRA_FLAGS":"HUM","OBJECT_EXTRA_TWO_FLAGS":"5x40-ITEM","RESTRICTIONS_BARD":"40","RESTRICTIONS_AND":"PRIME","OBJECT_WEIGHT":"0","OBJECT_VALUE":"36000","OBJECT_RENT":"2500","AFF_CHARISMA":"1","POPPERS":[{"MOB_VNUM":"47120","MOB_NAME":"a celtic princess","AREA_VNUM":"163","AREA_INFO":{"AREA_VNUM":"163","AREA_NAME":"The Highlands","CONTINENT_VNUM":"2","CONTINENT":"Thule"}},{"MOB_VNUM":"98312","MOB_NAME":"Orpheus","AREA_VNUM":"299","AREA_INFO":{"AREA_VNUM":"299","AREA_NAME":"Mount Olympus","CONTINENT_VNUM":"5","CONTINENT":"Lyme"}}]},

"43038":{"OBJECT_VNUM":"43038","OBJECT_NAME":"bagpipes instrument","OBJECT_SHORT_DESCRIPTION":"bagpipes","OBJECT_TYPE":"MUSICAL INSTRUMENT","KVP_DURATION_BONUS":"100","KVP_MANA_BONUS":"18","KVP_TARGET_BONUS":"3","OBJECT_WEAR":"TAKE INSTRUMENT","OBJECT_EXTRA_TWO_FLAGS":"6x40-ITEM","RESTRICTIONS_BARD":"40","OBJECT_WEIGHT":"0","OBJECT_VALUE":"1201","OBJECT_RENT":"5406","AFF_CHARISMA":"1","POPPERS":[]},

"43039":{"OBJECT_VNUM":"43039","OBJECT_NAME":"viol instrument","OBJECT_SHORT_DESCRIPTION":"a viol","OBJECT_TYPE":"MUSICAL INSTRUMENT","KVP_DURATION_BONUS":"116","KVP_MANA_BONUS":"21","KVP_TARGET_BONUS":"3","OBJECT_WEAR":"TAKE INSTRUMENT","OBJECT_EXTRA_TWO_FLAGS":"7x40-ITEM","RESTRICTIONS_BARD":"40","RESTRICTIONS_AND":"PRIME","OBJECT_WEIGHT":"0","OBJECT_VALUE":"3501","OBJECT_RENT":"9463","AFF_CHARISMA":"1","POPPERS":[{"MOB_VNUM":"38288","MOB_NAME":"Lady Idoya","AREA_VNUM":"126","AREA_INFO":{"AREA_VNUM":"126","AREA_NAME":"Palace of Thalassas","CONTINENT_VNUM":"3","CONTINENT":"The Island"}}]},

"43040":{"OBJECT_VNUM":"43040","OBJECT_NAME":"cornett instrument","OBJECT_SHORT_DESCRIPTION":"a hollow wooden cornett","OBJECT_TYPE":"MUSICAL INSTRUMENT","KVP_DURATION_BONUS":"132","KVP_MANA_BONUS":"21","KVP_TARGET_BONUS":"3","OBJECT_WEAR":"TAKE INSTRUMENT","OBJECT_EXTRA_TWO_FLAGS":"8x40-ITEM","RESTRICTIONS_BARD":"40","RESTRICTIONS_AND":"PRIME","OBJECT_WEIGHT":"0","OBJECT_VALUE":"9401","OBJECT_RENT":"14067","AFF_CHARISMA":"1","POPPERS":[{"MOB_VNUM":"12280","MOB_NAME":"the Syrrinian shadow princess","AREA_VNUM":"39","AREA_INFO":{"AREA_VNUM":"39","AREA_NAME":"City of Theris","CONTINENT_VNUM":"4","CONTINENT":"Niebelung"}}]},

My guess was there was a mix up, and they were supposed to belong to the Celtic Princess in Highlands... which is one of two poppers for the previous VNUM'ed 5x40 bard item.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Insomnia » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:11 pm

@Gorka The only time I saw bagpipes was in a quest group led by you.
Code: Select all
Tonedeaf gets bagpipes from the corpse of Mrs. Satan Claw that's on the ground.
Insomnia
40 Prime Poster

Postby Gorka » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:43 pm

Thanks Insom, so I only searched my information, not my logs. So now I searched my logs...

Seems the bagpipes from the Santa Quest went to Pooka...

You spin the wheel of opportunity.

For Tonedeaf the wheel of opportunity spins 350.
For Tyrius the wheel of opportunity spins 52.
For Spoony the wheel of opportunity spins 15.
For Fandral the wheel of opportunity spins 212.
For Splatter the wheel of opportunity spins 1.
For Toker the wheel of opportunity spins 235.
For Knubberub the wheel of opportunity spins 190.
For Koa the wheel of opportunity spins 449.
For Skimpy the wheel of opportunity spins 211.
For Pooka the wheel of opportunity spins 498.
For Sochi the wheel of opportunity spins 224.
For Kida the wheel of opportunity spins 182.
For Braze the wheel of opportunity spins 481.
For Roselarya the wheel of opportunity spins 187.
For Ozzy the wheel of opportunity spins 264.
For Baby the wheel of opportunity spins 249.
For Toxis the wheel of opportunity spins 450.
For Linx the wheel of opportunity spins 445.
For Jex the wheel of opportunity spins 351.
For Belrath the wheel of opportunity spins 436.
For Camonova the wheel of opportunity spins 353.
For Blackwolf the wheel of opportunity spins 61.
For Beatrix the wheel of opportunity spins 59.
For Luna the wheel of opportunity spins 192.
For Stun the wheel of opportunity spins 257.
For Squip the wheel of opportunity spins 18.
For Merlin the wheel of opportunity spins 475.

The highest roll winner, for 'bagpipes' is Pooka with 498.
give bagpipes Pooka

<1320hp 702ma 377mv -12.0ac Satan Claw's Home -%>
Ok.

Pooka puts bagpipes in an explorer`s backpack.

I also found out I was very curious about them back in 2020, it seems I made a script to ask mobs about bagpipes... I also tried singing wealth and glory to mobs... the only mention of bagpipes in game that I have is on the way to Jacob in highlands.

I also found this conversation with Idjit about them...

Idjit tells you 'name?'
Idjit tells you 'remember mirage is..working on something it's why he's back. could be some falsies out there'
Idjit tells you 'if moment loads it's by mudl not by zone cmd, thats all i could actually divine there'
Idjit tells you 'negative on bagpipes'
Idjit tells you 'bonus info: if bagpipes existed it would be enea's temple possibly'
Idjit tells you 'and the moment thing said lirgaea'
Idjit tells you 'but, i will warn, sometimes objects are made in another person's range'
Idjit tells you 'which is dumb but sometimes someone does an object reform, and the author of the object reform has a vnum 'fiefdom' that isnt'
You tell Idjit 'so is bagpipes mudl?'
Idjit tells you 'that would be impossible to determine without hours and hours of research'

My convo with Idjit was 6 months before they appeared in the Santa quest which I would assume he was the one to load them in. Some imm with shell access would need to "grep" the source to find a trace of them.
Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Hung » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:37 am

Thanks for the answers.
So the bagpipes isn't regular item that can be popped.
Which means that the only way of obtaining an instrument for non-bard is reaching 9x40. And then you'll get a hollowed ram's horn shofar.
Hung
Double 40 Poster

Return to General Chat (Registered)