It's that time of year again....server hosting costs

Use this forum for general discussions

It's that time of year again....server hosting costs

Postby *Idjit* » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:16 pm

Good afternoon,
Ordinarily in the past yearly server costs have been handled by the immortals and within that, really just the upper admin immortals. A few players of just mortal chars have in the last few years chipped in.

This year we are opening that up more generally.
The server costs this year total are $617.40 CAD or roughly $500 USD
And we have about till early September to figure it out

Neptune had roughly this to say:

"Breeze isn't able to use Paypal from his end for reasons I'll let him explain if he chooses to do so. We were waiting to a point when we got a little closer, but I've decided to use my Paypal as the repository from which to forward from. People can send money there as 'friends and family' so Paypal won't take fees out. The Paypal address to send all donations is yomama_jones@yahoo.com"

And then presumably he can give us progressive updates as to how close we are so far as time goes on.

Many thanks
--Idj
*Idjit*
Double 40 Poster

Re: It's that time of year again....server hosting costs

Postby *Breeze* » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:08 pm

The long and short is I can no longer do pools nor send/receive friends family.

If I accept them we lose money better used for hosting.

I trust the immortal staff implicitly and in Neptune's leadership. The current immortal staff emails me and keeps me in the loop and I rarely feel the need to interfere, rather just ask them to do things for me which I don't haven't the time to do at the moment.

I read all mortal emails even if I don't always respond directly

As usual I will cover web hosting costs and work in the background but I just don't have the time to be active at the moment.

I am running 4 data centers/relays with 5 of 11 people allocated to me. Lots of overtime for me but yeah sucks.

Thank you all who donate/donated. May the sloth be with you.

Note to Doug, make a sloth epic?

I hope I have time in the future to do something stupid like
tag a thief and set everyone out to bring me their corpse.
Tbh would love to see some old style god chess.. or old style chaos arena on a cport...

Stay safe, stay healthy.

// F / Breeze
*Breeze*

Postby *Neptune* » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:18 am

Greetings

I am proud to announce that we have covered our costs for this next year's hosting.
Thank you to all who donated. Hopefully, we will have a method more conducive to
these types of things in the future. I want to take the time to say that this is the type
of thing that exactly demonstrates why we do what we do: community and the
generosity of our players and staff in donating not only money but energy and effort.
We want to thank you guys for the years of memories, the relationships, and the
opportunity to provide an experience that you can bring into your lives with a few
keyboard and mouse clicks. It's because of all of you that makes it worthwhile.
So, thank you for playing and enjoying the game, and here's to (hopefully) more years
to come.

-Neptune
*Neptune*
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Neptune* » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:52 pm

Greetings

I wanted to take this time and re-iterate that our hosting requirements have been met for the year.
Since that has been taken care of, a couple of you have sent in donations. I have refunded those
back to you who have donated after hosting was paid. For everyone, it is not necessary to donate
until we make the announcement next year. We absolutely appreciate the interest, and look
forward to hearing from you guys next year. Again, we thank you, from the bottom of our hearts,
for your help each year, the interest and and being able to serve the game that we are honored
to provide to you guys.

So, please, do not send any more donations until we announce it for next year. Know we are currently
exploring options for a more permanent method of donating, and the paypal account we used this year
to cover hosting costs is a personal one. Whatever method is used next year or the upcoming years,
we will be sure to let you guys know at that time.

Thanks.

-N
*Neptune*
Double 40 Poster

Return to General Chat (Registered)